Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 6 Feb 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile DFCH Questions

Hi,

As DFCH has released their prices via Alamo for September 2020 I am tempted to place a booking with them thanks to their stellar reputation, zero deposit and the ability to amend the booking if the price drops.

My question before I make a booking is, I’ve not booked flights yet and probably won’t until later this year so I won’t know my arrival/departure time. Can this be amended on the booking once I have a better idea of my car pick up/drop off times?

Also, my parents will be joining us for two of our three weeks in Orlando, they’ll want a car too, is it a case of making a separate booking for them to avoid confusion?

The difference in Gold rate and Platinum states gold is 1 driver, Plat is 4 drivers and with Platinum you can also drop the car off empty. Is there anything else you get with Platinum or will Gold cover me for all insurance types such as CDW/LDW etc..?

Thank you.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. It's easier for me to answer each question -

My question before I make a booking is, I’ve not booked flights yet and probably won’t until later this year so I won’t know my arrival/departure time. Can this be amended on the booking once I have a better idea of my car pick up/drop off times?

Andy is undoubtedly like other 3rd party suppliers. You can change the booking if the price drops but if you change the dates that will be a new booking at the prevailing rates that day. I book flights first normally, that gives certainty

Also, my parents will be joining us for two of our three weeks in Orlando, they’ll want a car too, is it a case of making a separate booking for them to avoid confusion?

Always easier to have 2 distinct bookings. Plus 99% of suppliers give 1 ref no per booking. You can't get a 2nd car on the same ref no.

The difference in Gold rate and Platinum states gold is 1 driver, Plat is 4 drivers and with Platinum you can also drop the car off empty. Is there anything else you get with Platinum or will Gold cover me for all insurance types such as CDW/LDW etc..?

Both are fully Insured and good to go. They are identical in coverage and as you point out the difference is in the number of drivers and bring back empty for the expensive one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. It's easier for me to answer each question -

Andy is undoubtedly like other 3rd party suppliers. You can change the booking if the price drops but if you change the dates that will be a new booking at the prevailing rates that day. I book flights first normally, that gives certainty

Always easier to have 2 distinct bookings. Plus 99% of suppliers give 1 ref no per booking. You can't get a 2nd car on the same ref no.

Both are fully Insured and good to go. They are identical in coverage and as you point out the difference is in the number of drivers and bring back empty for the expensive one.
Thanks, my dates are locked in I know when I’ll be going, it’s the actual time the flight arrives and departs which I’m questioning really. Can my pick up and drop off time be amended once I know for certain who I’m flying with.
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Edited at 07:00 PM.
byeo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by byeo View Post
Thanks, my dates are locked in I no way when I’ll be going’s, it’s the actual time the flight arrives and departs which I’m questioning really. Can my pick up and drop off time be amended once I know for certain who I’m flying with.
The actual timing plus or minus a few hours doesn't really matter. If you're flying into MCO that's a 24/7 operation and flights are arriving from 12.01am to 11.59pm full of car hirers.

The likelihood of some of these planes being late is fairly high and add the fact that it might take you anything between 15 minutes and 2 hours to get through immigration means precise times are fairly difficult to assess.

The key thing to know is that car hire is charged in 24 hour increments. Basically take the car through the barrier at 17.00 try to get it back by 16.59 or you may incur additional costs.

Alamo with Andy gives you 29 minutes grace and then an hourly charge for 2 or 3 hours beyond that. Returning beyond that may incur another day's hire.

Mick
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. As above. I always put my time as 1700hrs collect and 1630hrs drop off.

I dont think in over 50 rentals out of Orlando have I picked up bang on time. Either up to 2 hours early or up to 6 hours late. They care not.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If it's only a time amendment, the it will be fine.
As Mr TM says if it's a different date, then that is a new booking.

I would also say that if you "reserve" for 1700, but don't leave the barrier until 1730, your official rental starts then, as shown on receipt.
Likewise if you're early.
We booked 1730 and left at 1715, so that was our rental start time.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l

Edited at 08:46 PM.
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List