Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

One park/2 parks

Only have 1 day Christmas Day and was just going to get 1 Park tickets as don’t want to be rushing from 1 Park to the other then feeling we have missed seeing things BUT I have just read about the Christmas stuff in the Studios and I am undecided
What would you guys do? We have been many years ago to DLP and familiar with MK in WDW. Would I be doing the Disneyland Park an unjustice trying to squeeze in the studios or is it doable and worth it(about £90 more). Does anyone have any advice?
How many parades is there as the timetable doesn’t appear to be out? Is there an electrical parade and presumably there will be the fireworks
TIA
Old 14 Oct 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

Disneyland Park will have :-

- Christmas parade early afternoon
- Stars on Parade (regular daytime/early evening parade) probably at about 5pm
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in the evening/early evening depending when the park closes
- Disney illuminations at park closing time - not Christmas themed, same as other times of the year.

The only piece of actual Christmas entertainment in the Studios is Big Band which is admittedly very very good. There is also a show called "Surprise Mickey" on the Studios stage and the new Frozen Animation Celebration will be open. You're going to leave yourself very little time to do any rides though if you try and fit in all the Christmas and regular park entertainment in one day/
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dav220588 View Post
Disneyland Park will have :-

- Christmas parade early afternoon
- Stars on Parade (regular daytime/early evening parade) probably at about 5pm
- Tree Lighting Ceremony in the evening/early evening depending when the park closes
- Disney illuminations at park closing time - not Christmas themed, same as other times of the year.

The only piece of actual Christmas entertainment in the Studios is Big Band which is admittedly very very good. There is also a show called "Surprise Mickey" on the Studios stage and the new Frozen Animation Celebration will be open. You're going to leave yourself very little time to do any rides though if you try and fit in all the Christmas and regular park entertainment in one day/
I know maybe I just need to stick with the one park but it was the Mickey big band I had seen! I wonder why the fireworks aren’t Christmas themed? Do you know when the schedules will be released?
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickey's Big Band is phenomenal and one of the best shows we've seen at DLP so if the budget allows I'd definitely try to do the two parks. You could try and do the studios for a couple of hours in the morning and then head over to the main parc for the rest of the day.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Mickey's Big Band is phenomenal and one of the best shows we've seen at DLP so if the budget allows I'd definitely try to do the two parks. You could try and do the studios for a couple of hours in the morning and then head over to the main parc for the rest of the day.
Oh no really it did look good on the bits I’ve seen! Is this the only Christmas event they do in that park? Would you know what time approx they have done it previously? Wish they would bring out the schedule.
Old 15 Oct 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

You can look at last year’s schedule for an idea.

We went last November and definitely needed at least 2 days to do everything. You can’t do all the shows in one day.

As well as the Christmas parade which is several times a day, there was the Starlit Princess Waltz show and the Stitchmas show, both on the castle stage. Also the tree lighting.

In the Studios there was the Big Band show, and a show called Ding Dang Dong in the Cinemagique theatre. Also Mickey’s Surprise show and the Goofy show in the evening which has projections on the ToT. That was a superb show.

Then there are the Christmas food huts in the Studios - you at least need some mulled wine!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You can look at last year’s schedule for an idea.

We went last November and definitely needed at least 2 days to do everything. You can’t do all the shows in one day.

As well as the Christmas parade which is several times a day, there was the Starlit Princess Waltz show and the Stitchmas show, both on the castle stage. Also the tree lighting.

In the Studios there was the Big Band show, and a show called Ding Dang Dong in the Cinemagique theatre. Also Mickey’s Surprise show and the Goofy show in the evening which has projections on the ToT. That was a superb show.

Then there are the Christmas food huts in the Studios - you at least need some mulled wine!
We are only there for 1 day would loved to have done 2! I need to have a look at this schedule don’t I to see what they are actually doing this year?
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

The Goofy Christmas show with ToT projections isn't returning this year unfortunately.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
The Goofy Christmas show with ToT projections isn't returning this year unfortunately.
Nor is the Stitchmas show
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

The Goofy show looked incredible(well on YouTube )
Will they replace these with something different?