Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 7 Jan 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Orlando Five-Oh! - Cancelled

Last year I did my pre trip report really early and decided I would save this one until my single digit dance day. So here I am on my double digit dance day writing my pre-trip report for April 2020.

The cast is the same as previously, me 49 going on five-oh (hence the title) and chief planner. I will be accompanied by the husband who goes under the alias of Nev (in tribute to a favourite Harry Potter character), well he does on my dining reports but not in real life.

This time we will start the trip with four nights in New York, flying first class from Heathrow courtesy of avios and companion vouchers. It is one of our favourite cities in the world but it is a long time since we were last there, so we are very excited to visit again. As the special occasion day will occur whilst we are in New York, we have booked the Plaza hotel near Central Park, but only for two nights, it was too expensive for four nights so we will spend the first two at Conrad New York Downtown.

After New York we fly to Orlando where we have a one bedroom villa booked at Old Key West. We booked the villa for the benefit of a full kitchen as we didn't think we would have a dining plan as we planned to upgrade our September park tickets to annual tickets. Anyway we didn't do that, so we later added tickets to our booking and got free dining which we upgraded to deluxe dining.

We have eleven nights at OKW, then two night off-site as we are tying in attendance at a conference. Our final night in Orlando will be spent at Pop Century and as our domestic and international flights are not connected (actually the domestic are not even booked, never mind connected), we will have a final night in NY before flying home.

Below is a list of what dining we currently have planned and booked where booking is possible. I still do not know what I will do on my birthday, but I would love to get Breakfast at Tiffany's for, well breakfast, and for dinner I am thinking of either Per Se or Gramercy Tavern. As my birthday is a Sunday, some of the options are not available.

I have got quite a few character meals included this time, I didn't do any in September as we were OOP and I couldn't justify the cost, so I might be over compensating this time. Not on the list is the new Epcot space restaurant, it isn't on there as it is not bookable yet, but we do hope to get there.

I will keep the list updated as I will probably chop and change and once written I will change to a hyperlink so people can go straight to something they are interested in.

Breakfast

Concorde Room Heathrow
River Café (Brooklyn)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (hopefully!)
'Ohana's
Garden Grill
Akershus
Topolino's Terrace
California Grill Brunch
1900 Park Fare
Boma
Olivia's

Lunch

Tony's Town Square Festival Package (giving it another chance!)
Chef de France
Sci Fi Dine in
Tiffins ROL package
Yak & Yeti
Crystal Palace

Dinner

La Belle Epoque (Heathrow Sofitel)
Gallagher's Steakhouse (NY)
Per Se or Gramercy Tavern (NY)
Planet Hollywood
Spice Road Table
Jungle Skipper Canteen
Beaches & Cream
Cinderella's Royal Table
Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic
Paddlefish
Monsieur Paul
Storybook Dining
Restaurantosaurus Burger & Sundae
Victoria & Albert's

Edited at 11:08 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading!

Like you I swore I would leave my pre trip report to nearer the time but it’s a reason to talk about the holiday!

OKW is our favourite resort! I’m also looking forward to reading another DxDDP report!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Oo I am looking forward to this one! My husband is 40 in 2022 and New York with a stay at the Plaza and Breakfast at Tiffanys is on his holiday ideas list. I love your Disney restaurants choices too, we loved Victoria and Alberts on honeymoon last year. I hope you enjoy Toppolinos it looks great. I wish my husband would be talked into deluxe dining for next year but will see what the packages prices are in April

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Looking forward to reading!

Like you I swore I would leave my pre trip report to nearer the time but it’s a reason to talk about the holiday!

OKW is our favourite resort! I’m also looking forward to reading another DxDDP report!
Thank you. I think you could be right about just wanting to talk about it.

I have some nerves about OKW as I didn't like the sprawled out nature of CBR when we stayed there for a few days last year. But not enough reservations to change it, it will be nice to try a new resort and I think we will like the space. Although we no longer need the full kitchen, I think the washer / dryer will be handy as it is a longer than normal trip!
Old 8 Jan 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Thank you. I think you could be right about just wanting to talk about it.

I have some nerves about OKW as I didn't like the sprawled out nature of CBR when we stayed there for a few days last year. But not enough reservations to change it, it will be nice to try a new resort and I think we will like the space. Although we no longer need the full kitchen, I think the washer / dryer will be handy as it is a longer than normal trip!
The one beds/two beds at OKW are fab! The space is great and it’s nice to have that separate living area and bigger balcony. The washer drier is so handy too!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Oo I am looking forward to this one! My husband is 40 in 2022 and New York with a stay at the Plaza and Breakfast at Tiffanys is on his holiday ideas list. I love your Disney restaurants choices too, we loved Victoria and Alberts on honeymoon last year. I hope you enjoy Toppolinos it looks great. I wish my husband would be talked into deluxe dining for next year but will see what the packages prices are in April
The last time we were in NY (in 2008!) we stayed at the Plaza for Nev's birthday, well his birthday holiday it wasn't his birthday. We just stayed there one night, I was horrified when the butler offered to unpack my case and then he tried to make me a cup of tea!

I have tried to make dummy bookings for Breakfast at Tiffany's, it is so hard, everything is gone within 30 - 60 seconds. Nev is going to contact the Plaza to see if they can wangle it for us, otherwise we will both be there at the ready at the 30 day booking time and crossing everything.

We booked V&A for our final night when we will come back to stay at Pop Century for one last night in Orlando after our conference. So we wont have a dining plan and it seems a good time to try it out.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Old 10 Jan 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
The last time we were in NY (in 2008!) we stayed at the Plaza for Nev's birthday, well his birthday holiday it wasn't his birthday. We just stayed there one night, I was horrified when the butler offered to unpack my case and then he tried to make me a cup of tea!

I have tried to make dummy bookings for Breakfast at Tiffany's, it is so hard, everything is gone within 30 - 60 seconds. Nev is going to contact the Plaza to see if they can wangle it for us, otherwise we will both be there at the ready at the 30 day booking time and crossing everything.

We booked V&A for our final night when we will come back to stay at Pop Century for one last night in Orlando after our conference. So we wont have a dining plan and it seems a good time to try it out.
I really hope you get into Tiffanys and I am looking forward to your pictures of the Plaza. V&A was amazing, the servers are probably the best I have ever experienced and the food was delicious- not sure if you are doing the wine pairing or not but they have a lovely cocktail menu (it probably works out similar price as the wine pairing if you have a few as they are $24-$34 each)

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like a fab trip. Staying at the Plaza in NYC for your birthday, what a great. I hope you have a brilliant time and I'm looking forward to reading about it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
I really hope you get into Tiffanys and I am looking forward to your pictures of the Plaza. V&A was amazing, the servers are probably the best I have ever experienced and the food was delicious- not sure if you are doing the wine pairing or not but they have a lovely cocktail menu (it probably works out similar price as the wine pairing if you have a few as they are $24-$34 each)
I don't think I have ever posted pictures of my accommodation before but I will make an exception for you this time. I have dug out a couple of pictures of our 2008 stay at the Plaza, unfortunately the best ones feature Nev and he wont have me post pics of him, so I only have a couple of impersonal ones.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
This sounds like a fab trip. Staying at the Plaza in NYC for your birthday, what a great. I hope you have a brilliant time and I'm looking forward to reading about it.
I really am looking forward to NY for my birthday. It is one of my favourite three cities (the other two being London and Sydney). It was a city I visited often during my twenties and thirties but I have not been in my forties so this feels right.
Old 10 Jan 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What an exciting and very glamorous trip! You must be super excited and I can completely understand why you posted sooner rather than later. I’m looking forward to following along
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List