Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile Earl of Sandwich

Hi all, planning where to eat in May with a mix of buffets in our free meal plan but other places for lighter lunches too. Struggling with a good rated venue in studios which really seems to lack eating places. I was considering buying sandwiches to take into the park but Earls only seems to be hot stuff. Do they do cold do you know?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hombody1976 View Post
Hi all, planning where to eat in May with a mix of buffets in our free meal plan but other places for lighter lunches too. Struggling with a good rated venue in studios which really seems to lack eating places. I was considering buying sandwiches to take into the park but Earls only seems to be hot stuff. Do they do cold do you know?
I've only had the hot sandwiches at Earls - but I'm sure you could ask for them not to be toasted if you want them cold.

We often pop to the Relay shop in the station to get some sandwiches to take into us.

There's also the New York Sandwiches and Starbucks in Disney Village that offer cold takeaway options.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Either grab a sandwich in the station shop before you go, or eat in the Village. It’s only a ten minute walk.

Or pay the extra for an excellent lunch at Bistrot Chez Remy.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Y
Trying for More Ears

Yes they do cold as well.also just watch taking them in as sometimes they ask why as they want you to buy there stuff.
Old 15 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Y View Post
Yes they do cold as well.also just watch taking them in as sometimes they ask why as they want you to buy there stuff.
I've never had any issues taking food into DLP in my 20+ visits. You must have had a complete jobsworth. We take a whole bag full of snacks and no-ones ever batted an eyelid.

It says on the website that food and drink can be taken in. As long as you aren't taking a picnic basket or a coolbox you'll be fine.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

I walked theough security with a relay branded carrier bag full of food (sandwiches, crisps, drinks, chocolate) just before christmas. The security guy just wanted to know if i have any glass bottles or alcohol.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Just so you know, distance wise it is only probably 5 mins from the Studios to Earl of Sandwich. So if you want a hot sandwich (or soup, or pizza etc that they also do there) then you could just pop out of the park for lunch and go back in.

If you get nice weather there is also a nice seating area at Earl of Sandwich looking onto lake Disney for a good view. In the Studios there isn't really anywhere overly nice to sit and eat your lunch.

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hombody1976
Helping Minnie

Mobile

I think nipping out to Earl is gonna be our best option. With restaurant des stars and blockbuster both closed there arent many options left and what are will probably be packed. Unless there are any snack places or street carts?
Hombody1976 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

As others have said it's not that far to come out and it will also likely be quieter than inside the parks.
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Just to reiterate that we’ve never had any problem taking our own food/drink in, whether it’s been in a rucksack or shoved under the buggy - you really shouldn’t have any problems nipping out & bringing food back in (we often eat in queues or waiting for the parade so it doesn’t feel as long for the kids)
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List