Notices

Old 20 Oct 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Question should England follow suit and have a circuit break?

With Ireland wales and Scotland all having some kind of circuit break I'm finding it a little strange that Boris is still going against the advice given weeks ago and not issuing one for England.
Obviously there are a lot of factors to consider but the current measures are clearly not working hospitals are reaching capacity and cases are rising daily with more areas are being moved into higher tiers.

What do you think should we be following suit or just continue as we are?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Apprentice Imagineer

Absolutely not, it should remain local - the 4 hospitals I work with are no where near capacity and managing well, if this changes then we should mange this locally, we cannot keep giving blanket measures.
Chilli-pepper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My area tier 2, looking like tier 3 in next few days, I have friends work in two different hospitals in my area and both are getting more people in daily, the nightingale for Yorkshire on standby so that might hopefully be unitised this time cos I don't think covid and seasonal illnesses are a good mix and think NHS does need protecting, I also think the nightingales should now just be for covid cases and keep hospitals operating more smoothly, but I think there's a good chance this won't work, curcuit breaker might work, if it is for a short period it's worth a try its the dithering I don't like in decision making
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
robrar
Imagineer

No, local/regional, driven by the state of the infection at that locality / regional.
robrar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Very Serious Dibber

Definitely not. There are headlines appearing that suggest some hospitals are reaching capacity but if you look behind the headlines then that is not necessarily the case. Hospitals are "filling up" but in most cases this is in line with admissions in previous years.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be cautious but a blanket lockdown is not the answer when rates are so variable across the country.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I also think the nightingales should now just be for covid cases and keep hospitals operating more smoothly
This is something I have said all along, all COVID patients should go to one of the nightingales to enable hospitals to continue their core work. We were set to staff and utilise the Birmingham Nightingale but even in the height if the pandemic we remained within capacity across all 4 local hospitals so we stood this down, but again we have our BCP in place to staff and utilise should we need to.
Chilli-pepper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

No. I suffered really bad with my mental health during the first one and recovering now. My brothers family cannot afford another one and we cannot afford to help them. My area is probably going into tier 3 even though rates are dropping. Schools will still be open so i will still be mixing with others.
My local hospitals have had recent deaths but they are not full, deaths are not because of covid but those diagnised with it at some point. My actually town hospital hasnt had any since August. If people could follow guidelines then cases might not increase as quick but cases will increase regardless. Weve just got to slow it down.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

No National lockdown - let's call it for what it is, it's not a circuit breaker or a fire break.

Keep the fluid system where areas are monitored and the situation on the ground reacted to and planned for.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Is that not what the 3 teir system is trying to achieve? Without smashing the economy in areas where the virus is at much lower levels. Frankly the south west didnít need the strict lockdown from March, just a restriction on people from outside the region entering.

Given the devolved areas have much lower populations than England it makes a lot of sense that we take a different approach
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Apprentice Imagineer

My dadís theory is theyíve all come together and agreed these approaches, because they all did something slightly different coming out of the first lockdown and it hasnít made any difference, weíre all still in the same situation, because they donít actually know what will work. You only need to look around the world to see that itís all be done differently. So letís have the 4 nations try something different and see which one actually works.
2018 - First visit for my daughter and as a family
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List