Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Nov 15, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

For info - they usually do Studio EMH the day after any party at MK at DLP i.e. the Halloween party. This allows them time to ensure MK is spick and span and ready for opening at 10 am rather than early.

We went to Studios EMH the day after Halloween last year. It was amazing - Crush was open and we rode it 3 times in the first 15 mins or so of the park being open (we rode that and all the Toy Story rides within half an hour of being in the park at opening!). I can't say if Ratatouille was open at that time as we didn't go round that way until later in the day. But to get Crush out of the way is a good one as it has long queues quickly (popular and a slow loader) and isn't a FP ride.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Not sure when you went but we went this summer (August) and out of 18 days at WDW, we were never able to change our FPs to anything decent at short notice (I'm talking 2 days before, not even 1). I think now it's in full swing, MBs at WDW really don't allow for spontaneity unless you are going at a quiet time - which defeats the purpose really. It's meant to be a tool to help you when it's busy. Fortunately I'd planned my FPs really well and didn't have to change them much - so in that way it helped us get 3 rides under our belt - even managed Seven Dwarves twice but had to get up at 5 am to get those - and Anna & Elsa too. Not ideal really but at least I got them.

Most people who have been at peak time in WDW recently have said the same - great to pre plan, but if you need to change at short notice, or want to get a 4th FP, you are incredibly limited. For the latter we also found the lines long to use the kiosks! We did manage this better the last few days of our holiday as the US schools started to go back to be fair, but not a huge success.

The thought of MBs at DLP really send a chill down my spine. I think you are able to be much more spontaneous at DLP, even in busy times, MB would put an end to that I think. Not sure how it would work though as we all know DLP is a different 'beast' and has a different market.

OP - glad you managed to get a refund on the FP!

Oh wow your experience doesn't sound as good as ours, we went May so it was probably much quieter, the only ride we had to book in advance was Toy Story Mania, (we did it the night before), everything else was done on the morning, and we were able to chop and change, once we were able to book more fast passes using the app, we found we were able to get times within a few hours, the app was a godsend because we did find the queues for the kiosks to be quite bad and nobody knew what they were doing so always required help.

I can imagine August would be pretty bad though.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We went to WDW in November and planned most FP+ for the morning. We were able to change FP+ easily on the day (although not the headliners). Everything except the headliners was a 10 min wait anyway. I would never go in summer though, I can't handle heat.

Honestly don't think FP+ is needed at DLP, but magic bands would be great instead of having to have room key, tickets, FP, cash, hotel easy pass!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Oh wow your experience doesn't sound as good as ours, we went May so it was probably much quieter, the only ride we had to book in advance was Toy Story Mania, (we did it the night before), everything else was done on the morning, and we were able to chop and change, once we were able to book more fast passes using the app, we found we were able to get times within a few hours, the app was a godsend because we did find the queues for the kiosks to be quite bad and nobody knew what they were doing so always required help.

I can imagine August would be pretty bad though.
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We went to WDW in November and planned most FP+ for the morning. We were able to change FP+ easily on the day (although not the headliners). Everything except the headliners was a 10 min wait anyway. I would never go in summer though, I can't handle heat.

Honestly don't think FP+ is needed at DLP, but magic bands would be great instead of having to have room key, tickets, FP, cash, hotel easy pass!
We had no choice but to go in summer - we have school aged children and don't take them out of school for holidays. Not sure I would go again though as it was very humid and very busy until the last 2 days or so.

Yes, FP+ is great when it's not so busy .

Agree that it isn't needed at DLP but with the US taking more control of the park I do wonder if they will change to a computerised system. After all, FP+ isn't just about the end user - it's about Disney as a business - a JIT mechanism which can help predict staffing levels as well as other core fundamentals.

Agreed about the MB themselves - such a clever idea - not having to carry around so many different cards/keys etc.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

We came home yesterday from DLP and I don't think the VIP fast pass will be completely helpful. If you can enter the studios at 8am Ratatouille is a walk on for the first 10 mins or so, in theory you could ride twice in a row with a minimal queue. We rode it a number of times during our stay last week with no queues as we headed straight there at rope drop. But, it was quiet last week.

Some rides in the studios don't open till 10, like the studio tour and the rock n roller coaster. This could be because it is a quieter time of year.

At the Disneyland park, we found fast passes were helpful for Buzz and PP but for everything else we queued for 15 mins max or timed our arrival around the parade/fireworks so we didn't have to queue. Dumbo and Pinocchio quieten down after 5.30 and from 5.45 - 6 fantasyland is very quiet, we saw Mickey without a queue around this time.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 15, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread