Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Jun 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

I have just read your trip from beginning to end in two days - thank you so much for such an interesting and hilarious trippie! We did DC & Boston (we stayed at the Loews and loved it! ) in November 2014 and really really enjoyed it.

I do love how much Poot loves books, it just makes me so happy that he adores such things and isn't glued to a screen. I do wonder what he'll be when he's older with such a varied lot of interests.

Sorry to read about your poor security interactions, it really can impact on your experience of a place.

The running presidents are brilliant!

Also enjoyed your Florida trippie & looking forward to the next...
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
I have just read your trip from beginning to end in two days - thank you so much for such an interesting and hilarious trippie! We did DC & Boston (we stayed at the Loews and loved it! ) in November 2014 and really really enjoyed it.

I do love how much Poot loves books, it just makes me so happy that he adores such things and isn't glued to a screen. I do wonder what he'll be when he's older with such a varied lot of interests.

Sorry to read about your poor security interactions, it really can impact on your experience of a place.

The running presidents are brilliant!

Also enjoyed your Florida trippie & looking forward to the next...

Why thank you - and get ready to keep on waiting ( ) - I'm definitely taking a break for a while.

I hate to recommend chains - whether they're hotels or restaurants - but I do really like Loews. They do *something* right - it's hard for me to put my finger on it, but they really do project that feeling of hospitality.

Poot's a great lad - he wants to be a volcanologist (though I secretly and SILENTLY hope he'll become a doctor - the world could do with more kind ones). We'll see what happens - but I assume a career in one of the sciences is calling.

And YES - the security in D.C. is appalling. I am deeply disturbed that people seem to accept that sort of treatment as the "new normal". Do crazy people want to kill us? Yes. Should we turn on each other because of that? No.

But on a happier note...

I love all the silliness at American sporting events - racing presidents, racing sausages, "Kiss Cam"...they help us to remember not to take sport too seriously!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Well, for a first try at trippie writing it wasn't half bad.
Boston is a great city to visit because you can potter about on foot and end up in some very interesting (and surprising) places, with plenty of eating opportunities on the way, and I think your report shows that perfectly. Washington is definitely on our 'to do' list, whether Target in Baltimore is would be open to debate though!
Really enjoyed your trippie, and will now hunt down your Orlando report as it seems we're going back to Florida next year for the first time in over a decade for my 60th. Can't wait to see all the changes 10+ years have made...
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by UncleLatch View Post
Well, for a first try at trippie writing it wasn't half bad.
Boston is a great city to visit because you can potter about on foot and end up in some very interesting (and surprising) places, with plenty of eating opportunities on the way, and I think your report shows that perfectly. Washington is definitely on our 'to do' list, whether Target in Baltimore is would be open to debate though!
Really enjoyed your trippie, and will now hunt down your Orlando report as it seems we're going back to Florida next year for the first time in over a decade for my 60th. Can't wait to see all the changes 10+ years have made...
Well, UncleLatch...if I remember my Alexander Pope correctly...I think "to be d*mned with faint praise" fits the situation.

Seriously, though - thanks for commenting. I've been sans laptop for the last few weeks, so apologies for the tardy reply.

We were back in Boston (just for two nights) this summer - and managed to finish up the Freedom Trail. But in our rush to get everything done, we missed out on visiting a proper restaurant and instead just ate at a...Pret a Manger. The horror!

See you in the Florida trippie, perhaps - Florida seems to me a very good place indeed to celebrate one's 60th. Or indeed to celebrate anything.
Old 8 Dec 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

What a fantastic trip!

Thank you so much for having a go at trip reporting and for sharing. I have really enjoyed reading about all of your adventures - ice, history and retail based!

That Robert Redford cake sounds absolutely amazing, though I don't have much of a sweet tooth and can imaging having one slice and being done with it - which would be a waste.

I've really appreciated Poot's input to the report and reading what he found interesting or remembered. He must have an impressive library of disaster books now.

I have never considered LeSportsac before, but that Snoopy bag is too cute. I will keep an eye out from now on.

When we stayed in DC, we stayed at the Kimpton Donovan, which was a little far from the sights, but easy enough to get the bus or metro. They served free hot drinks in the morning and wine in the evening, and gave us a bottle of bubbles , plate of brownies and a birthday card as it was the +1's birthday on our arrival day. Great service.

I'm now off to read your cruise report Thanks again for writing and sharing.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
What a fantastic trip!

Thank you so much for having a go at trip reporting and for sharing. I have really enjoyed reading about all of your adventures - ice, history and retail based!

That Robert Redford cake sounds absolutely amazing, though I don't have much of a sweet tooth and can imaging having one slice and being done with it - which would be a waste.

I've really appreciated Poot's input to the report and reading what he found interesting or remembered. He must have an impressive library of disaster books now.

I have never considered LeSportsac before, but that Snoopy bag is too cute. I will keep an eye out from now on.

When we stayed in DC, we stayed at the Kimpton Donovan, which was a little far from the sights, but easy enough to get the bus or metro. They served free hot drinks in the morning and wine in the evening, and gave us a bottle of bubbles , plate of brownies and a birthday card as it was the +1's birthday on our arrival day. Great service.

I'm now off to read your cruise report Thanks again for writing and sharing.
I had a look at the Donovan's location on a map. That's the part of the city I think I'd stay in next time (if we ever went back to D.C.). Now that Poot is older I think I'd happily trade a longer "commute" to the sights for a neighbourhood that has things to do at night.

Oh, how I WISH I didn't have a sweet tooth...my mother was VIGILANT and didn't let me have ANY sugar until I was three (because then I wouldn't develop a taste for it, haha). Sadly, I have been making up for it ever since. And R.C. will eat lumps of sugar RIGHT FROM THE SUGAR BOWL.

LeSportsac is fab. Have I told you The Queen also has (osteo) arthritis? She uses LeSportsac bags exclusively now - as they weigh NOTHING. I've gotten her a Snoopy one - and an "it's a small world" one, too.

You are an amazing reader, Cazzius. I've been lucky to have you.
Old 2 Jun 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Really enjoyed your report - thanks for taking the time to do it. We are visiting DC & Boston as part of our East Coast road trip this year, so you’ve given me some good ideas.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Really enjoyed your report - thanks for taking the time to do it. We are visiting DC & Boston as part of our East Coast road trip this year, so you’ve given me some good ideas.
Thanks for taking the time to post. Have a fantastic time!