Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
My Magic Holiday
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

I dont want to sound ungrateful but ...

We have come for a week to Marjorca until we find out whats happening with DH job later this year, and its been nice but weve not done this for 20 years and think it might be another 20 years until we do it again if ever.
Weve been very lucky in going to Florida and this holiday has cemented thats what we like, Im not one for lounging round the pool Ive discovered, buffet for lunch and dinner have been great choices, but fed up serving myself lol
Loved a bit of sun, but missed the heat of Florida
So Majorca its been fun, but not for us sadly, but a short flight and some sunshine away from work has been great
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Majorca here we come!
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

I am sure it has been a welcome break for you, a time to put you ur feet up. We feel that Disney has spoilt us, we now compare every break to a Disneyland break, we know we shouldn't but we do.

Having a different type of holiday is a good thing as it has obviously reaffirmed that your heart is in Florida.

We are going on a cruise in 6 weeks time, we are intrigued to see if we enjoy it, as it will raise questions on our trip next year
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are in Turkey at the moment and are feeling exactly the same. Dont get me wrong the hotel is 5 star and has been great but the buffet is overwhelming we are looking forward to a meal being served to us when we are home. Our hotel is very German and Russian dominated and spending time round the pools with almost every bed occupied by a smoker is choking and not enjoyable. We have spent a fair bit of time either in the pool or down on the beach in the sea. At the same time we have had enough of the Florida theme parks too so will have to think carefully where to go next.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida no parks
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Awwwww we enjoy our Europe holidays on our own as we do like to lounge around the pool and soak up the sun but cant beat Florida with the family, we still spend a lot of time around the villa pool as we dont do the parks anymore but the dining side of it I can understand , we have done several AI and its just the laziness I enjoy, so much better to go out and dine instead of up and down to the buffet to help yourself though . I think next time we go away on our own to Europe we will do either self catering or bed and breakfast .
We wouldnt do Florida on our own, thats our family holiday but Florida can be just as cheap as going to Europe if you take the parks out of the equation .
Whereabouts in Majorca are you ?
Aug 2018...Westridge
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Go On - Why Not ?
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Exact opposite, fed up with the Disney holiday. Not fed up with the Florida holiday.

Ill get me coat
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
We are in Turkey at the moment and are feeling exactly the same. Dont get me wrong the hotel is 5 star and has been great but the buffet is overwhelming we are looking forward to a meal being served to us when we are home. Our hotel is very German and Russian dominated and spending time round the pools with almost every bed occupied by a smoker is choking and not enjoyable. We have spent a fair bit of time either in the pool or down on the beach in the sea. At the same time we have had enough of the Florida theme parks too so will have to think carefully where to go next.
Which hotel are you staying in ? Most 5* hotels have several a-la-carte restaurants you can choose from , we loved our Turkey holidays and used the restaurants , Greek, Chinese, Mexican, Turkish etc .
We didnt notice any smoking , maybe that was just luck but its very hit and miss in Europe as they dont have the same laws as we do regards smoking .
Aug 2018...Westridge
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Go On - Why Not ?
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
The smoking is awful, next to you on a lounger, the table next to you at a bar for a drink, lunch inside and they still smoke
As a non smoker maybe Im more sensitive to it, but its just awful, but obviously the norm Im not used too
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Majorca here we come!
Unread 14 Jun 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Awwwww we enjoy our Europe holidays on our own as we do like to lounge around the pool and soak up the sun but cant beat Florida with the family, we still spend a lot of time around the villa pool as we dont do the parks anymore but the dining side of it I can understand , we have done several AI and its just the laziness I enjoy, so much better to go out and dine instead of up and down to the buffet to help yourself though . I think next time we go away on our own to Europe we will do either self catering or bed and breakfast .
We wouldnt do Florida on our own, thats our family holiday but Florida can be just as cheap as going to Europe if you take the parks out of the equation .
Whereabouts in Majorca are you ?
Can Picafort, the hotel is lovely and clean although lots of Germans who love to smoke lol
Majorca here we come!
QuickSilver