Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Jul 19, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney_l81 View Post
We ate at upstairs at 21, however it's only open Friday and Saturday. Everything about it was just amazing, the food, the setting (about 6 or so tables) the staff- literally just 2 staff who were just so knowledgeable about the food and were very attentive. Would love to return to NY and am following this thread with interest. All the options suggested sound amazing!
I will take a look anyway as we are there Friday and Saturday too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Yes thank you, currently a very short list. I have held a booking at Capital Grille for dinner but seems a bit unimaginative and I am not enthusing over it.
We popped in there for a drink in November as was round the corner from our hotel, I was massively underwhelmed by the atmosphere and the look of the food!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If money was no object I would love to try the Rainbow room brunch at the Rockerfella. Not sure if it’s fine dining as we’ve never been to a fine dining restaurant but it looks amazing!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
If money was no object I would love to try the Rainbow room brunch at the Rockerfella. Not sure if it’s fine dining as we’ve never been to a fine dining restaurant but it looks amazing!
I looked at doing that for our trip but couldn’t make it work, I agree it looks interesting!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I looked at doing that for our trip but couldn’t make it work, I agree it looks interesting!
That does look nice and fine enough for me. I was in any case just after a nice brunch. I cannot see any details on how to book it though, it isn't really mentioned on their website.
Old 12 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That does look nice and fine enough for me. I was in any case just after a nice brunch. I cannot see any details on how to book it though, it isn't really mentioned on their website.
Yes that was part of my issue as well, I couldn’t work out if it was actually running at the time either, but then i found out about Tiffany’s so stopped looking into it.
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
Yes that was part of my issue as well, I couldn’t work out if it was actually running at the time either, but then i found out about Tiffany’s so stopped looking into it.
I emailed them and just got a reply, no brunches for the foreseeable future.
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

How about The Loeb Boathouse in Central Park.
thecentralparkboathouse
The food is really lovely and its a beautiful setting.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Another vote for breakfast at Tiffanys (if you can get breakfast, but lunch and dinner would also work too and I believe you can get breakfast all day). I'm sorry, I can't remember who exactly said this, but it's definitely worth doing a test run for booking on Resy as it's really difficult to get a reservation and they go super fast (think along the lines of booking fast passes!). I wasn't able to get one the first two days I tried, but was successful on my third day. I couldn't get breakfast, but I was able to get it for mid afternoon and we still got breakfast. Such a lovely experience and the food was delicious.

Also, another vote for a cruise. During the same trip for last year we did a holiday jazz cruise and it was absolutely amazing. We were able to get a free glass of champagne each, and purchase anything further we wanted. I booked through Classic Harbour Line and I get emails from them frequently, so I don't believe this is a seasonal thing they offer, so worth a look to see if they have something on your date.

As we're going to be there as part of our honeymoon trip in October/November, I have the boathouse in Central Park on my list as I've always wanted to eat there based on the location.

I just want to say as well, that I do not recommend 230 fifth rooftop bar if you're considering it. We went there two years ago after seeing the videos on facebook about it and all 4 of us (all adults) where disappointed. The rooftop bar seemed good for the views, but the restaurant itself wasn't as 'fancy' as I thought it was going to be, and we were sat at a table where the chairs seemed too low down for the tables, with big dips in them as if they needed replaced. The table was much too small for 4 of us to be sat at, and they never came and took our plates and we had to move them to an emtpy table ourselves.
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
How about The Loeb Boathouse in Central Park.
thecentralparkboathouse
The food is really lovely and its a beautiful setting.
Yes that does look lovely and is quite close to where we are staying, I think it would be nice for brunch, rather than trekking over to Brooklyn for the River Café.

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Another vote for breakfast at Tiffanys (if you can get breakfast, but lunch and dinner would also work too and I believe you can get breakfast all day). I'm sorry, I can't remember who exactly said this, but it's definitely worth doing a test run for booking on Resy as it's really difficult to get a reservation and they go super fast (think along the lines of booking fast passes!). I wasn't able to get one the first two days I tried, but was successful on my third day. I couldn't get breakfast, but I was able to get it for mid afternoon and we still got breakfast. Such a lovely experience and the food was delicious.

Also, another vote for a cruise. During the same trip for last year we did a holiday jazz cruise and it was absolutely amazing. We were able to get a free glass of champagne each, and purchase anything further we wanted. I booked through Classic Harbour Line and I get emails from them frequently, so I don't believe this is a seasonal thing they offer, so worth a look to see if they have something on your date.

As we're going to be there as part of our honeymoon trip in October/November, I have the boathouse in Central Park on my list as I've always wanted to eat there based on the location.

I just want to say as well, that I do not recommend 230 fifth rooftop bar if you're considering it. We went there two years ago after seeing the videos on facebook about it and all 4 of us (all adults) where disappointed. The rooftop bar seemed good for the views, but the restaurant itself wasn't as 'fancy' as I thought it was going to be, and we were sat at a table where the chairs seemed too low down for the tables, with big dips in them as if they needed replaced. The table was much too small for 4 of us to be sat at, and they never came and took our plates and we had to move them to an emtpy table ourselves.
I have joined Resy and have been looking for breakfast at Tiffanys for the last few days. No joy, but I keep forgetting to look at exactly the right time. It looks like it will require a miracle to get it!

230 fifth never been on my radar so no worries there. I would really like to get a breakfast sitting.