Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
We haven't got any holiday plans as DD should have been working at a holiday club over the holidays. But they have now decided not to respond to messages and are ignoring her so we are guessing that isn't going to happen

She is in a show next week at a local theatre so full on tech rehearsals this week and 6 performances next week. So she really hasn't had time to think about results day.

We are planning on having a family gathering the weekend before she goes to Chichester, its all start to feel a bit real haven't started getting anything yet we are planning a shopping trip after results days.
That’s so annoying that your DD has been let down with the holiday job.

What show is she in? That sounds a fun way to spend some of her time off. It’s good for them to have time to unwind and enjoy themselves after all the studying.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s so annoying that your DD has been let down with the holiday job.

What show is she in? That sounds a fun way to spend some of her time off. It’s good for them to have time to unwind and enjoy themselves after all the studying.
Lion the witch & the wardrobe the musical - she is playing the witch
Old 19 Jul 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
Lion the witch & the wardrobe the musical - she is playing the witch
That sounds great fun, she has a wonderful part 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

How is everyone? Are you all melting?

Lincoln Fresher's Week popped up on my phone earlier and said it was 51 days to Fresher's Week!

Eeek!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Literally dying here! Got back from Crete in the early hours and definitely missing the pool and air con. The fan we have here just isn’t cutting it! 😰😰

Less than 3 weeks to results day now. Starting to feel nervous for Harry. Just hope he has done ok. 👍🏻

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

O is back from Tanzania tomorrow! He has lots of admin to do and then we need to sort out what he needs to take.

He leaves in three weeks so it will go quickly!
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ds gets his results 6 August so not long now. Have bought a few more household things for his halls but think I'll do the rest just a couple of weeks before he goes. He leaves for uni in 7 weeks!
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
How is everyone? Are you all melting?

Lincoln Fresher's Week popped up on my phone earlier and said it was 51 days to Fresher's Week!

Eeek!
I Know! DS did a two night visit last week staying in the halls. As he has Asperger's they run a fantastic programme called WOW and its basically to get them familiar with new surroundings and make it easier for when they start. He wasn't that bothered about going and I never had any fear that he wouldn't settle in when he started in September but I pushed him to do it and he had a blast. He as made some friends already and they are requesting to share halls and it looks like its ignited something inside him as he's actually started to think about what he needs and to my astonishment he's asked if there's any jobs he can do at home for cash. Now that's a first! I think that it has something with the conversation we had when I picked him up which went along the lines of .
Hi son how you been?
Good.Dad can I have £140?
What for?
A pass for all the parties on Freshers week
No!
Roll on 15th of September!
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Oh and not a bad view out of the halls either!

Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Still no idea what Molly will be doing next year.
So far it is if she has to go through clearing she will definitely go to uni if she can get a place as she doesn't want to reapply next year.
If she gets her results she is not sure, she would love a gap year but has said now her plans are not enough, she actually wants to do something!
I don't think she will truly know what she wants to do until she gets her results. So until we come back from Disney I am not asking again 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List