Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jul 12, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

that word begins with A n ends in L
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 12, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Inventions and Blue Lagoon are fab choices.

The characters at Inventions are really good and spend a nice amount of time with each table, the food is excellent with a good amount of seafood but also other items so that there is plenty of choice for everybody. The desserts are yummy.

Blue Lagoon is one of our favourites - its a must do each visit. We have taken the children there with us from when they were really little, we have always found there is plenty to occupy them particularly if you get a table by the water as they can watch the boats go past.

Another place you may want to consider is Agrabah Cafe - its a Moroccan themed restaurant and the setting like the Blue Lagoon is lovely. The food is very nice with a Moroccan twist to some of it, but again plenty of choice to suit even the pickiest of eaters.

If you havent got a shareholders card, it may be worth considering getting some shares as they are a good price at the moment and if you are planning on eating at some of the higher end restaurants there is a really good chance you would make your money back with the saving the make with the card.

Have a lovely time
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 12, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

Inventions is a must for us

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 12, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Having been just a few times to DLP(! ), I would say:
For smart, good food, but accepting the price will be relative, the steakhouse really cannot be beaten. The food is excellent and the kids menu is good, with steaks etc.
Within the parks, Walt's really is our place of choice, and always eat there at least once. The atmosphere is lovely, and the setting of lots of small rooms is lovely - you don't feel like you are in a huge restaurant.
For mid-price range, I would suggest annettes diner or silver spur, although in the latter I have had a couple of fairly bad meals over the years.
For counter service- cowboy cookout or fuente del oro are good. Hathi's pizza is also great.

Places to avoid (which let's face it is the important issue) are:
Buzz light year pizza planet- absolutely shockingly awful
Casey's corner- bad lukewarm food
The entire studio 1 cafe in Studios park (inside the indoor bit on the right)
Lucky nugget saloon- waited over an hour for dreadful food and poor character interaction.

In the hotels, the manhattan is good as is inventions. Eating in a hotel is often quieter in the evenings too.

Have a great trip!

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 12, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post

wow, thanks for all the suggestions! I will look into the shareholders too. thanks x
Old 4 Jul 12, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Blue Lagoon is fantastic in terms of atmosphere, and the food is second to none, proper A La Carte, but I'm guessing us adults get more out of it more than the children.

Personally I'd avoid Rainforest Cafe, as it's nothing special, and unlike stateside, it's really overpriced for what it is, and the occasional "jungle" effects soon wear thin, or they did on our kids when they were 4 and 6.

We tend not to spend a lot on dining, but we do have special meals a couple of times in the week. Eating off site, is so much cheaper.. I don't work for them :-) but Buffalo Grill are very good value, and have thoughtful "cowboy" theming, and play areas for the younger ones .
Old 4 Jul 12, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread