Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Apr 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks everyone, I'm just too impatient I guess! I will hold out for a month I think and see what ones come up. I check daily, think I've got a problem!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Thanks everyone, I'm just too impatient I guess! I will hold out for a month I think and see what ones come up. I check daily, think I've got a problem!
I dont think impatient just excited! I am the same. Think I have looked at every hotel in Vegas a 100 times
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm hoping to go for the first time next Easter and getting impatient too! I'm currently deciding on the Delano Suites, Elara and New York hotel. Is the NYNY kiddy friendly does anyone know?
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
I'm hoping to go for the first time next Easter and getting impatient too! I'm currently deciding on the Delano Suites, Elara and New York hotel. Is the NYNY kiddy friendly does anyone know?
We are Easter too! We have three daughters... I like the look of NYNY too, I just want to book everything!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lme30005 View Post
What do you mean by child friendly?

All Vegas hotels welcome kids, but none are geared up for kids like they are in say Spain or Orlando.

I've stopped at the NYNY with my kids and we liked it ..

But I remember you saying the pool was important? Well the nyny pool is quite small and shaded by the tall buildings.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I agree with DB , none are geared for kids but they're definitely not anti-child.
My dd has just turned 6 and she loves Vegas , she was absolutely spoiled rotten by people working in the hotels and shops on the strip, she was given so many freebies .
Sure your kids will love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
You can have perfectly good family holidays in Vegas, I've had 8 of them now.

But I think what you have to remember is that primarily its adult resort if you like. There are things for families of course I did a big list the other day and people live there with children.
But hotels on the strip don't aim specifically at families, they used to. When I first went in 2004, the Excalibur was very much Princess/ King Arthur themed and for families but they've moved away from that.

This year I was there for St Patricks Day and the start of spring break so the pools etc (the one's I saw) were very busy with the spring breakers etc.

The more family orientated hotels tend to be off strip more, Tahiti Village, Grand View, South Point which has the arcade, multiplex cinema, bowling alley etc
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I was looking at the NYNY website and the pool photo's all had adults in them so thought adults would be more their focus. Not that I'm expecting it to be all geared up for kids
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
You never see huge amount of kids in any of hotels bar circus circus and well I'd never stay there .. Its awful .

Adults are their focus because they are the ones spending money drinking and gambling which is the focus of most hotels . I can also imagine some people using the polls don't want kids there splashing around etc . Mention taking kids to Vegas on trip advisor and you get lynched 😂😂

It is a nice hotel with a good theme but if you want lots of pool time imo it's not the right hotel for you .
Old 21 Apr 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

The MGM grand is available today! What's that like... Better than NYNY or planet Hollywood?