Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I usually fly from Liverpool airport as we live quite close and it's quite cheap even if the flight times aren't the best.
Old 3 Jul 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
For me bit diffrent this time as we fly to,Rome for 4 days then when we come back from Disneyland Paris we come back via euro star
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 17, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
For me bit diffrent this time as we fly to,Rome for 4 days then when we come back from Disneyland Paris we come back via euro star
Ha you know I am doing something very similar.

Rome from the 20th to the 24th of this month. Pick up the kids on the 24th and then on to a hotel before heading to Disney on the 25th :-)
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Sadly I always have to fly since I live in Northern Ireland and flights are pretty expensive from here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The train is the easiest option in terms of getting you right into the heart of it, am very turned off by the price though!

I'm from South Wales too (cymru am byth! ) so getting to London or ashford is always a hassle. I'm going twice to DLP this year, first time we are flying out of Gatwick (4 hour national express to get there!) and the second time I'm flying out of Cardiff (4 hour total, 1 hour stop over in Amsterdam on KLM) cost me £130 return out of Cardiff (there were cheaper options) and £65 return out of London. Chose to fly Cardiff the second time as I'll be going solo so don't want the hassle of going back and forth to London.

The train usually takes just about 2 hours, flying direct is just over 1 hour then 30 min transfer from airport to DLP. I go by magic express as it's cheaper than private hire but depending on how many of you there are private taxi may work out. For 2 of us return on magic express cost €80.

P.s it's cheaper to fly out of Bristol tha Cardiff on easyJet but usually just 1 flight a day.

Hope that helps!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Normally we would take Eurostar as we live in London. Next time we are flying from Heathrow because we used Avios. For me Eurostar either direct or changing is best

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've done both to Paris, but only Eurostar specifically to DLP. As someone already mentioned, the transfer from CDG to Chessy would be really easy on TGV. Our Eurostar was actually sitting at CDG station for several minutes, and it was just a quick trip from that point on.

I prefer the Eurostar but I didn't like the direct service on the return, as I don't think the station has been set up to deal with a large international train at all. Nowhere to sit and nothing to do once through the massive security line, was just stuck for ages on the bridge above the platforms. So I'd probably do an indirect return, or direct from Paris itself and make my own way into the city.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We live in London and are doing a Eurostar to Gare Du Nord and then a taxi from Inter Service Prestige. It's saved us £260 on doing the direct Eurostar in to DLP. We also should get there earlier than the direct train.
Old 7 Jul 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Out of interest how much was the taxi.

Never thought of going that route before.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ch1ps View Post
We live in London and are doing a Eurostar to Gare Du Nord and then a taxi from Inter Service Prestige. It's saved us £260 on doing the direct Eurostar in to DLP. We also should get there earlier than the direct train.
Ooohhh I'm interested in this too. Haw much for taxi and have you booked in advance?
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List