Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The south rim is 4-4.5 hrs each way the west rim 2.5 hrs each way and easily combined with the Hoover Dam.

Whilst some will day the South Rim is the proper canyon many people go to the West, its where all the helicopter tours go to .. We went there and its still a amazing sight. With such a short time in Vegas its the rim I would choose.. I wouldn't waste a full day to the South Rim..

With 4 full days you will easily fill your time on the strip without going further afield... Heck I've been 9 times for 10-12 days each time and we've still not done everything.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As for LA... I again wouldn't waste a Vegas day to go there.. At the very minimum your talking 4.5 hrs drive each way, however the last two years its taken much longer.. took us almost 7 hrs between LA & Vegas this year.. traffic is horrendous..

Flying is a lot a quicker but LAX is still 20 miles from Hollywood which could very easily be over a hour each way, traffic around LAX can often be gridlocked..

To see the most of LA in a short time you'll need a hire car to get around as its so spread out , Hollywood to Santa Monica is about a hours drive in traffic etc.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks!
Who do you recommend booking GC tour with? There are so many companies.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mel-1810
Apprentice Imagineer

i feel your excitement i booked our first trip a couple of days ago for may next year. i honestly cannot wait
[COLOR="Lime"]*sept 2010 *~* cane island
mel-1810 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Well done on booking I must say and I wear my flame proof coat here-If I ever do the GC again it will be the West Rim. I was bored senseless at the South and felt we spent far too long at the South Rim personally. I was in Vegas for 10 nights and felt the Hoover dam and the stop off in Seligman was FAR more interesting than the South rim. Oh and the commentary from the bus driver was fantastic. And before anyone says if I drove I would have loved it more, I would have been royally 'fed up' (this is a family forum, so I'm being polite here) had I drove myself to see it Having said that my kids absolutely loved it We used this company gc.tours/
and they were fantastic from beginning to end. They use sweet tours but charge less. You will have a fab time whatever you decide. I love Vegas

Edited at 08:02 AM.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Well done on booking I must say and I wear my flame proof coat here-If I ever do the GC again it will be the West Rim. I was bored senseless at the South and felt we spent far too long at the South Rim personally. I was in Vegas for 10 nights and felt the Hoover dam and the stop off in Seligman was FAR more interesting than the South rim. Oh and the commentary from the bus driver was fantastic. And before anyone says if I drove I would have loved it more, I would have been royally 'fed up' (this is a family forum, so I'm being polite here) had I drove myself to see it Having said that my kids absolutely loved it We used this company gc.tours/
and they were fantastic from beginning to end. They use sweet tours but charge less. You will have a fab time whatever you decide. I love Vegas
Done both and wouldn't go back to either I don't think ... For me it was once you've seen it then that's enough but our south rim trip was better as we went by helicopter .
West rim is just a massively over priced tourist trap .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Done both and wouldn't go back to either I don't think ... For me it was once you've seen it then that's enough but our south rim trip was better as we went by helicopter .
West rim is just a massively over priced tourist trap .
Lol-I totally agree that once you've seen it once no need to go again
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I'm probably the only person on here who doesn't have the urge to see the Grand Canyon. ( running and hiding)
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
I'm probably the only person on here who doesn't have the urge to see the Grand Canyon. ( running and hiding)
I didn't either-and wish I'd listened to that urge
Old 22 Jul 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree it's something to see just the once, I have always wanted to see it but I can't see myself going back to it.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List