Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 13 Nov 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

#Scotlandnumberone (July 17) - HelenJNT, LisaLollipop & RedRach

Hi everyone.

This isn’t strictly a holiday trip report as you know and love them but I hope you’ll forgive us for posting a rather self-indulgent account of when three Dibbers and frequent trip-report writers met up for a weekend in Scotland earlier this year.

This all started back in early 2016 when we found we were all posting on the same Dibb threads as we were all going to be in WDW at the same time in early 2016. Rach and Lisa accidentally bumped into each other on that trip (god knows where I was, probably having a rant in The Boathouse) and then we commented on each others’ trip reports….and thus a firm friendship was born. We’d met up a few times in London for the odd dinner or cocktail and we decided that wasn’t enough so in January we hatched a plan to spend a whole weekend together at Rachael’s place at the other end of the country. And this is what happened…..

The cast:

Helen – Writer of said trip report. Readers looking for more incidents of me accidentally exposing myself will be disappointed I am afraid.

Lisa – who was about four months pregnant when we did this trip and managed not to complain too much about being left out of wine-related events. Fond of a sausage bap.

Rachael – the hostess with the mostest, designated driver and chief planner. Scottish, yet doesn’t eat haggis (sorry for outing you, Rach).

#Scotlandnumberone
14th July 2017 – 16th July 2017

Day one:

After a six month countdown, a whirlwind of booking travel, making advance dining reservations and wondering why we couldn’t book fast passes despite staying on site, travel day finally dawned. Lisa and Helen were heading waaaay up north (no, not for a romantic weekend in Watford) to stay with Rachael in the beautiful Muir of Fowlis.

Lisa embarked on an intrepid solo adventure all the way across London and out to Heathrow via the somewhat less beautiful Acton Town and the Piccadilly Line - a People Mover of sorts I suppose. My journey was significantly easier; train to Reading and then transfer onto the Heathrow Express bus. I was very excited about the section on the rail-air website which had gleefully explained to me that I was entitled to “help myself” to the range of snacks available in the departure lounge.
Sadly on arrival, the “range of snacks” was a few sachets of Nescafe instant coffee and a sad looking pot of water.

Still, we were on our way! After several excited Whatsapps were exchanged and a very important toilet stop at Terminal 5 – important as it was the first of many – Lisa and I met up on the concourse. You’d think we’d never travelled before as we couldn’t for the life of us see where we were supposed to go. We had checked in online, and were travelling with hand luggage only so it was all a bit of a mystery as to what we were supposed to actually do. Luckily, a nice man took pity on us and sent us on our way to security. We presumed he worked for the airport anyway.

Through security and a full body scan for us both. I always set the scanner off and the conversation went a little like this:
Me: “Oh this always happens, it’s probably the wire in my bra”
Security guy: <stares> “Yes, I can see that might be an issue”

Once we’d proven we weren’t a threat to national security – only a threat to flimsy underwear – we were through and in need of grub. Terminal Five was heaving. So busy. We had a quick prowl around Starbucks but it was chaos and so went over to Pret. Still busy but slightly better so we each scored a croissant (chocolate for Lisa, ham and cheese for me) and a drink. We also got some water for the flight.

Another toilet trip – safety wee – and we decided to find the gate. Oh, it was right there, literally a stone’s throw away from where we were sitting. Deciding to pretend to ignore the rather nasty smell of vomit in the general vicinity, we found some seats and got so carried away with our chat that we didn’t realise the flight was being called. Oops. So we joined the back of the very long queue, and waited, and waited and waited.

Finally about 15 minutes after we were meant to have taken off, they started letting us on to the plane. We were sat quite near the back of the plane in the window and aisle seat. Pinned in by a very important businessman who was apparently far too important to put any of his devices on flight mode, which made me irrationally angry. Luckily, Lisa didn’t need a seatbelt extension for her baby bump though.

It was hot on the flight and really stuffy. Lisa and I were trying to ration our water so as to try not to have to ask the Very Important Man next to us to move during the flight. We read the in—flight magazines and just sat and waited for it to be over. Turns out the flight was slated to be one hour and forty minutes but over half an hour of that was just taxiing to the runway. Poor Lisa and the bump were having a bit of a rough time and it wasn’t the most pleasant flight so we were glad to be on the ground again after not too long.

Earlier in the morning, Rachael had messaged to say that her husband Chris was going to be travelling to London on the return leg of the plane that dropped us off! What are the odds? So we felt very sad for Rachael that Chris was going away, but pleased that the timing worked out well as we were able to cheer her up about his departure.

We got off the plane and onto the tarmac, and whilst it wasn’t quite the blast of sunshine you get when you go on holiday, it wasn’t raining either so we were quite pleased. Turns out that departures and arrivals in Aberdeen airport are one in the same <insert not knowing if you’re coming or going joke here> and the moment we stepped through the door, we saw Chris’ face smiling at us. A really nice and unexpected surprise to have a two-stage welcoming committee!

We had informed Rachael prior to the trip that if she didn’t greet us with a welcome dance a la Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air that we would be turning around and getting back on the plane again. Well, sadly the dancing was limited (next time, Rach…I mean that) but there was plenty of hugs and excitement.

The excitement continued when we reclaimed our transport for the weekend. On the way to the airport, Chris and Rach had traded a car in and so we were treated to Rachael’s maiden journey piloting a brand new car! I don’t think it was in honour of our arrival but it was very nice all the same and Rachael did a brilliant job of handling a massive piece of kit, hehe.

We drove out from the airport and took in our first sights of Aberdeen. Well, the ring road anyway. I’d visited Scotland a couple of times before but only Edinburgh and Glasgow, and it was Lisa’s first time. Aberdeen is definitely called the “granite city” for a reason as all the houses and buildings were grey. As someone who has just painted her house in 50 shades of grey, this was very appealing to me. I also liked the patriotic street signs which are all white on blue.

We drove for about 30 minutes before stopping off at Tesco. I wish I’d taken a photo of our shopping – but in hindsight it is probably a good job we didn’t – which was basically as much crisps, dips, wine, beer and Fanta (for Lisa) as we could get in the trolley. Lisa and I also entertained ourselves by seeing all the Scottish delicacies in the bakery section and wondering what the heck a lot of them were – much like visiting an unfamiliar supermarket on holiday. We did not buy any haggis.

Back in the car again and we were definitely hitting less urban roads. I knew it was going to be beautiful out there from stalking Rachael’s Instagram, but it really took my breath away. Hills and fields and foxgloves and cows and pine trees as far as the eye could see. So different from where Lisa and I each live, and a really lovely escape to the country.

Before long we were pulling up to Rachael’s house and were excited to be there. We quickly dumped our cases, and explored the garden – not before logging onto the wifi though! Ha! Snacks were eaten and because the sun was shining, we sat on the decking and just had a good old catch-up. Then once the sun went in, we went inside and carried on nattering. There was definitely no danger of us running out of anything to say.

One of our running jokes which would probably lose something in translation, is a shared love for the chip shop, or “chipper” as Rachael swears it is known as in Scotland. So there was only one thing for it, and we were destined for the chipper that evening. A quick drive from Rachael’s house and we were there, via the cash point where Lisa was thrilled to get some Scottish money out!

Rumour has it that the chipper will batter anything for you if you take it in, but we settled for sausage and chips….although there were some interesting things on the menu that we weren’t quite brave enough to try.

Dinner did not disappoint, and it also meant that we were able to open the wine at last. And slip into something more comfortable. We decided, in the tradition of #usanumberone, that these pyjama bottoms were going to be an absolute essential for the weekend. Ignoring the fact that they were huuuuge and like parachutes (including not really wanting to get near a naked flame whilst wearing them), we were very happy with these eBay bargains.

Wine was had, and chat was had, and then we had a great game of Cards Against Humanity (always fun to see which of your friends is secretly the most disgusting) and then in the interests of trying to fit into the huge PJs, more snacks were had. We opened another bottle of wine which definitely fit in the “style over substance” category…the bottle was gorgeous and I believe Rach kept it to use again, but the wine? Ick.

Finally, the excitement of the day – and all the snacks and wine (and Fanta?) – caught up with us and it was time for bed – we needed to be up early in the morning.

Continued below...

Edited at 06:54 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Day two:

One thing that has to be said for hanging out with Disney friends is that they know how to get ready on time. Rachael had instructed us to be ready by 09:00 and by 08:45, we were raring to go, despite 2/3 of the group feeling mildly hungover.

Rain was forecast for the day but we just grabbed our umbrellas and got on with it. We drove for about 45 minutes, with Rachael pointing out various landmarks along the way, and it really did feel like we were driving along the top of the world.

Our destination was The Lecht, Scotland's premium skiing and snowboarding destination. We weren’t planning on pushing a pregnant lady down the side of a mountain or anything but apparently there was a good café in the resort where we could get some much-needed breakfast (and another toilet stop). By the time we arrived, the rain was hammering it down and we did our best rope drop shuffle to the entrance.

It was a funny place, felt a bit like a cross between a chalet and a school outward bound hostel but it was cosy enough and we soon got settled in a seat by the window with a fab view of the mountains outside. Breakfast was ordered – a full Scottish breakfast <hold the haggis and black pudding….so not actually a full Scottish….soz> for me and Rach, and a sausage bap for Lisa.

The fry-ups arrived and were fantastic so we got stuck straight in.

Then Lisa’s arrived and there was a fabulous moment (no, really, no) when she had had a few mouthfuls then realised the roll/bap/bun housing the sausage was riddled with green mould. Good god. I mean, I know the place was deserted and probably didn’t get much traffic in July but you’d think that whoever was in the kitchen would have noticed the hulking great green lumps on the bread when assembling the sandwich. No? Apparently not. Anyway, they were suitably apologetic and insisted on making a fresh one on bread that was slightly less furry. I don’t think we were refunded though?

The café also had a table selling various tat and souvenirs and after checking these for mould, I came away with a bagpipe shaped bottle opener fridge magnet for Andy – we can never pass up a novelty fridge magnet, especially one that is actually useful.

We then left the café and made it back to the car – the rain was still torrential but we had places to be – we were very excited to be visiting the Highland Games in Tomintoul.

Half an hour or so later we pulled up and were directed to park in a field.

It didn’t seem that much was happening on the site of the games, more that people were just setting up so we took a soggy wander down to the village as Rach was keen that we saw the pipers march through and up to the games.

After exploring the gift shop on the high street where various cow-themed products and fridge magnets and Christmas decorations were purchased. We also bought some Scottish tablet which Rach had instructed us to buy – and I am very glad she did, even though my waistline isn’t. Dear sweet sugary tablet. Lisa and I are both converts.

Then we darted into a tea room called The Old Fire Station. It was about 11:15 so we probably could have gone to a pub, indeed, we spied a lot of the pipe band in their traditional dress, erm, getting lubricated in the pub, but we were chilly and soggy and decided that a hot drink and a cake would be just the thing.

And it was. I had a delicious hot chocolate and Rach and Lisa had some tea and we each chose a cake. What do you mean it was only 40 minutes after breakfast? More chat was had and I think this is where #GaryWhite was born, which has been a long-standing joke ever since.

Suitably fortified from warm drinks and cake, we then proceeded to get totally soggy again as we stood in the village square and waited for the pipe band to finish their drinks and get in formation.

It was so cool to see something so traditionally Scottish on a weekend up there…. it was pretty emotional for the locals I think, and Lisa and I were loving it too – very moving.

Once the band had walked past us and we had admired all the outfits (I particularly liked the drum player’s big tiger skin cloak) and the way that the drummers twirled their pom poms - I am sure there is a technical name for this), we then followed the band up the road to the site of the games.

It was great fun and we were walking as part of a big crowd as other people were gathered on the pavements and watching from their windows. The band came to a rest at the top, and Rachael asked one of them of she could take a photo of him with me and Lisa. Cue the most awkward photo ever, made even more so by the fact that this gentleman (who had clearly partaken in a whisky or two) decided to rest his hand on my backside. Highlight of my visit, to be quite frank.

We then made our way back inside the field where the games were, and took a couple of walks round the perimeter.

We watched some Highland Dancing for a bit, which wore us out from just watching these girls – and a couple of little boys – leaping about, and saw some fixed rictus grins on the faces of the teenage girls who you could tell had that X-Factor style determination to win. Definitely very competitive, not only the girls but also the proud parents hollering at the sidelines.

We then had a look around some of the craft tents and stalls where I was toying with the idea of purchasing an Indiana Jones style hat as it was still raining (but I didn’t) and Rachael fancied a cup of tea so got one from the Church of Scotland tent. This was significant enough to go in my notes and I remember it being amusing at the time but I cannot for the life of me remember why. Apologies, internet, what was obviously a cracking joke has now been confined to the ether of past memories. This goes to show how difficult it is to write a trip report when you only have one word notes from something that was over six months ago…

Anyway then it was time for the main event. The pipe band entered the arena to much fanfare and did a few circuits around the ring. And then the men’s games officially started!

We were entranced by the caber tossing – which looks bloody difficult when you see it up close – and enjoyed watching the foot race over the shortest distance ever – must have been about 30 metres? We could see the high jumping on the other side of the arena but decided to take up a prime spot next to the hammer throw – what could go wrong?

It was great fun to watch and we were all cheering along, especially for one of the contestants who we all decided was the best one – nothing to do with his hammer technique really but everything to do with how good he looked in a kilt. Yes, yes, I know. We couldn’t actually hear his name being announced over the tannoy so Rachael decided to christen him “Toby”, for no apparent reason other than that he looked like a Toby. Anyway, so far so “Brave”.

We stood and watched for a fair while (where one kind competitor offered to let us hold his hammer... not the guy who patted my bum earlier...but he didn't have to ask Rachael twice, she was straight in there to give his hammer a good old grasp) as we really wanted to hang on for the tug o’war but sadly all the times in the programme were totally out of whack and we found everything was running late by a good hour or so, and we didn’t really have the time to hang about sadly – plus we were pretty cold and wet. So we made our way back to the car (via the portaloos, noteworthy as they were spotless, well done Scotland), with Rachael proving her statement that she can rarely walk past a dog without making friends with it. A particular favourite pooch was one called Nap, which is indeed, one of Rach’s favourite things to do, so they bonded from the off.

Back in the car, and very fearful that we were tainting the spangly new-ness of it with mud - there was no way round it sadly! – we were headed for home again to warm up and get some food. On the way back we stopped by the Lecht again, not because we had an urge for a fungal snack, but so we could take some photos of the breathtaking scenery. It was super windy and cold so we didn’t stay out of the car for long!

[

Once back, we all got changed into our #usanumberone PJ bottoms again and wasted no time in setting up our snack table – or in this case, nest of snack tables! It felt like it had been a long time since the cake at 11ish, and the mouldy sausage bap was a dim and distant and slightly queasy memory so we happily dug into chips, dip, onion rings, biscuits and a whole host of divine e-numbers.

We found that Titanic was on the TV, so Lisa and Rachael’s mad crushes on Leonardo di Caprio were satisfied and we had a very happy couple of hours snacking and chatting away. Luckily we had to get ready for the evening before ship started sinking so we didn’t have to feel bad about gossiping (my notes tell me we were planning Lisa’s theoretical hen do) to the soundtrack of drowning third class passengers.

Obviously we needed to have a proper meal this evening and Rachael had booked us a table at one of her favourite restaurants in the Kildrummy Castle Hotel. Yep – a castle! What could be more perfect for three Disney fanatics? Whilst there might not have been roving princesses to stop for a photo, we were excited about having a royal meal.

Poor Rach was the designated driver for the evening, so once we were changed into something more glamorous…well, out of our PJs anyway….we piled back into the car and drove the short distance to the hotel.

We stopped outside for a few photopass pictures and made our way inside the library to have a drink. Very Poirot!

It had stopped raining, thank goodness, and we had a little stroll around the grounds, seeing little bunnies and various other wildlife on the lawn. It really was a beautiful setting.

Once our table was ready, we were escorted into the dining room, which was very quiet and tranquil – there were a couple of American tourists having a romantic dinner but otherwise it was just us. Apologies if we ruined anyone’s dinners with talk of pending “b*****d babies” and goodness knows what else, we were trying to behave!

The food was absolutely outstanding – I had scallops to start, and Rachael broke with tradition and had a starter that contained haggis – this was a big deal and we were all very proud of her. My main course was one of the most perfectly cooked steaks I’ve ever had (with apologies to all of the highland cows we had driven past that day). I don’t usually do dessert but Lisa and Rach both love a pudding and totally enabled me into having the chocolate fondant. It was divine but there was no way I could finish it all.

Insert food spam:

All in all, an utterly spectacular dinner with great food and great friends. The wine wasn’t bad either! We felt very lucky, especially as Rachael’s husband Chris had secretly volunteered to pick up our tab as a treat, so that generosity blew us away – thank you so much Chris, we owe you a dinner!

It was all we could do to roll back to the car, all of us feeling very happily full and exhausted; it had been a full-on day with lots of fresh air! We once again donned our PJs and had a couple of glasses more wine – Fanta for Lisa – and then hit the sack at midnight. Lisa, who can never get away from football when she is at home, was particularly excited about her bed….

Continued below...

Edited at 06:53 PM.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Day three:

Another early start, with the alarm going off at 07:45. We all got showered (not together, stoppit) and Lisa gave us a full account and replay of her shower dance that she did when she used Rachael’s coconut shower gel . Quite life-changing by all accounts – that Lisa does love a bit of coconut.

Sadly it was then time to pack up and leave Casa Peachey, which we were all pretty unhappy about. We’d had such a fun weekend, and we rarely get to see each other so we were all feeling the last-day-of-the-trip blues. Still, we still had the best part of a day of fun ahead of us so it was time to get on with it!

First stop on our agenda was Ballater, which is a really pretty little town. Rach wanted to take us to a traditional Scottish sweet shop, which did not disappoint! It was hard to decide what to buy, but eventually purchases were made and we were then on the prowl for a café to have breakfast.

We didn’t have to walk too far at all before we found somewhere that looked nice (and that wouldn’t have mould on their bread) and once again Rachael and I demolished a full breakfast. I want to say that Lisa had another sausage bap but I can’t actually remember….shameful I know!

We were then back in the car, and Rach was pointing out sites to us. So nice to see where one of your friends grew up! We also drove past Billy Connolly’s old house which looked suitably impressive. And speaking of old house, we were on our way to Balmoral! None of us have ever visited before and in stark contrast to yesterday, the sun was shining and it was a really glorious day so perfect for visiting.

We parked up and then walked along the bridge to the main entrance. There have been loads of programmes on TV recently about Princess Diana and it was funny to see the Balmoral scenery on TV thinking “I know exactly where that photo was taken!”

We paid to get in (sorry avid trip report fans but I can’t remember how much a day ticket was – we declined the audio tour though) and then a big Land Rover and trailer came along to take us up the driveway to the main entrance.

We were dropped off by the stables so had a little walk around some of the exhibits there - there was a really cool one with all of the Royal Family’s Christmas card photos from the last 50 years or so, and also some cars and other vehicles that belonged to the family.

We then made our way to the castle grounds through some beautiful woods.

The gardens were really beautiful and so well kept; there was a spectacular greenhouse which I found really interesting – this year Andy really got into doing our garden and starting to grow vegetables and flowers from scratch so I sent him a few aspirational photos for what we should be aiming for next year.

Maybe it was because we didn’t do the audio tour but we found the map a little confusing to navigate – it certainly isn’t hub and spoke like the Magic Kingdom! We did find Hagrid’s hut though:

Anyway, we soon found ourselves on the immaculate lawn in front of the castle. It’s a lovely building in beautiful surroundings – it definitely looks smaller in real life than it does on the TV.

Obviously the Royal Family weren’t at home (I actually think this was the last weekend you could visit before the Queen and co. came up for their summer stay so we planned it well) but we were quite surprised that the only internal room you could tour was the ballroom which was kind of an annex on the side of the main building. Also, very small for a state ballroom, I don’t think the Beast would have approved. Obviously we heard someone get told off for flash photography, it really was like being on holiday.

After that we took a slow stroll around the outside of the building, enjoying the sunshine and the lovely surroundings, and dutifully made our “exit via the shop”. I don’t think I bought anything but I am sure other (possibly baby –related?) purchases were made and we headed for the tea room for one last snack before we needed to leave for the airport. Lisa decided she was bang up for getting married in a Scottish castle (someone had better tell Paul) and either Balmoral or the one we had visited last night would do very nicely thank you. Tea was drunk - this was a departure for Lisa who had gone right off tea during her pregnancy but oddly the desire for tea had returned during this trip – cakes were munched, safety wees were had, and then we said our goodbyes to Balmoral before getting the trailer back down the drive again. It was a lovely way to spend a couple of hours – there isn’t really a lot to do at Balmoral and I certainly wouldn’t recommend it on a wet day but we really enjoyed having a little look around.

It was about an hour, maybe slightly more, back to the airport. You can definitely tell when you’re getting into Aberdeen as all the grey houses – and roundabouts and traffic lights – start appearing and the traffic was slooow. We weren’t in any danger of missing our flight though as we all like to be at the airport early. My notes tell me we got there at 15:00 for a 16:30 flight which was plenty of time. We had a slight incident as Lisa was trying to bag up her liquids and we found something had leaked inside her case – we’re still none the wiser as to what it was but it smelled delicious….you weren’t trying to steal Rachael’s shower gel, were you, Lisa? <side eye>. Anyway, crisis averted and really we were mainly worried that it had contaminated Lisa’s slab of tablet but luckily all was well.

Definitely no dancing as we said our goodbyes to Rachael, who really had been the perfect hostess all weekend. We had the perfect mix of seeing and doing things, and chilling together, which was exactly what we all wanted. We were also sad to leave, not just because the weekend which we had looked forward to for six months was over but also because we knew Rachael was heading home to an empty house – no us and no husband. Still, on a positive, we hadn’t eaten all the snacks so at least she had those to resolutely finish.

Sad airport faces.

Lisa and I got through security only to find that our flight was delayed by 40 minutes. Similar to on the way out, BA don’t seem to turn these internal flights around all that quickly. We managed to kill the time by uploading our photos from the weekend to Facebook, buying some crisps and water for the flight – damn you BA and your non-complementary in-flight food and drink – and making multiple trips to the loo. Yes, 40 minutes flew by and we were soon on the plane.

It was a lovely quick flight and it was still light when we came in to land at Heathrow so Lisa managed to snap some amazing photos of all the landmarks. I’ve never landed in Heathrow in the bright daylight before so it was really cool to see everything as it’s usually just lights and motorways or the less interesting surroundings of Gatwick. We landed at 18:50 and once again the novelty of flying internally with no hand luggage was great – it was more like getting a train than flying anywhere and it was so easy that it does make my nostrils flare a bit about the thought of flying to Orlando with three suitcases, god knows how much time spent at Immigration, and generally what a ball-ache the whole thing is.

Once I had found out that Lisa’s boyfriend Paul was being a total gentleman and picking her up from the airport so she didn’t have to get multiple trains and tubes home, I gently persuaded Andy to do the same for me – not that I had a nightmare journey or was pregnant, but just because! We had a bit of a palaver where we got to the short stay car park after a few journeys up and down in the lift, unconvinced that we had found the right pick-up place. Anyway, Paul was already there doing a circuit of the car park so it was a very speedy hi-bye for us as it was impossible to stop really and nowhere to park. Thankfully Andy wasn’t too far behind at all and I wasn’t stranded. My notes say it was £3.80 for a short-stay pick-up and I obviously wrote this down as I thought it was extortionate!

We were both home by 20:30 – I believe takeaways were had (except for Rach who was still bravely navigating her way through the EU snack mountain) and that was it…an early bed and off to work the next day.

So that’s it – it’s taken me six months to write this up – not because I didn’t want to but because work has been massively getting in the way. But Lisa and Rachael asked me to do a trip report so I didn’t want to let them down – plus I wanted to get back in the groove of it as Andy and I fly to Orlando on Wednesday (OMG, the day after tomorrow) and I am going to be doing the full 14 day trip report for that.

We haven’t actually all seen each other since July. Lisa and I grabbed a quick burger in London one night a few months ago but that’s been it – I’ll let her off though as she’s been a bit busy what with having a baby and all!

We have started making plans to get together next year though, I think it’ll be down south so we can meet baby Charlie but we have every intention of getting back up to Scotland again as soon as we can. This just goes to show that the internet isn’t just full of weirdos (well…these girls are MY kind of weirdo) and we never would have met each other or had such a great friendship if it weren’t for the Dibb. So, thank you, the Dibb!

Edited at 06:46 PM.
Old 13 Nov 17, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Such a great report, I think it’s great that you’ve all become such good friends though the dibb 😄
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh my. Where to start?

I bloody loved this! I was actually belly laughing at some of the memories! We really did have the BEST time!

Love that Lisa’s shower dance made the cut maybe we should upload her pregnant dance for everyone too?

Ah I feel like I should be marched down the street to chants of “shame shame shame” a la Cersei for my dislike of haggis! Ha! Least I managed that wee bitty though!

Totally knew your bum grope was a definite highlight of the weekend

We put away some amount of grub that weekend, didn’t we? #gohardorgohome

“These girls are MY kind of weirdos” - my favourite quote ever!

So glad you got this up, was worth the wait! Roll on our next meet up! ❤️

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh H, this was such an amazing read! I absolutely loved reliving this fantastic weekend that we all had together... and it has left me missing you both more than ever!

So many chuckles as it all came back... I want to do it all over again! (Well maybe not the mouldy roll part, I could live without that). I am now a full convert to that coconut shower gel, every time I am in the shower doing my shower shimmy I think of you girls I am also massively craving some tablet now!

I hope you gals aren't too disappointed in our decision to not call our baby #GaryWhite... it was a close call between that and Charlie I can assure you! But the desire for a Scottish castle wedding remains... hint hint Paul! (Yes I will be showing him this report!)

Roll on your full WDW trip report, your humour and wit make for the most entertaining reading... can't blooming wait!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

What a lovely weekend you all had, thank you for posting!
Rachael you're so lucky to live in that beautiful countryside, certainly beats the suburbs of London that I live in 😬
Lisa, congratulations on the baby he is just gorgeous! (Stalker on Instagram &#128521
Helen have an amazing holiday, I can't wait to read all about it 😃

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah lovely to read a different dibb report! The photos from the second day are beautiful!
Ugh to the mouldy sausage bap I'm retching just thinking about it.
And it's the chipper here in Ireland too!
Dimple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Sounds a fantastic weekend! Loving the pyjamas.

I have to ask though, which of you proved to be the most disgusting at Cards Against Humanity, or have you all made a pact to keep it secret?

Edited at 08:12 PM.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

oh fab,it was all brill,what a great weekend x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List