Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Mar 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by langside View Post
People keep saying that the rewards aren’t as good as they used to be but considering you don’t have to spend any money/ but any coins if you don’t want to - they’re still not bad

For instance for our July trip I’ve just redeemed & booked 1 fee ticket for the cirque shows : KA, LOVE & Zumanity each - perfect for something for me to do when OH is playing poker. They’re all category D tickets but the total cost to buy would be $215 after fees so not a bad saving at all and literally I only play on the games for 10min and most of that is auto spin so I’m not even in the room to do it

If you want to be able to redeem more rewards (think is up to 5) you’ll probably have to buy chips - might be worth it in some cases but you’ll be able to get 3 like I have without spending anything
I love My vegas and have saved a fortune. I have had Ka and Love tickets as well. Loads of buffets and free hotel rooms. I suppose its inevitable that rewards will lessen as there are now so many people playing compared to when it started and its all free as you say. Cant complain at free and just a few minutes of my time
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
It dedepends on how often you play how many gold coins you will collect and if you play all the platforms. In any case every 4 hours or so you "collect" chips to play with from most of the apps or get some reward. On the strip you click on the hotels every 4 hours and they give you chips or gold coins to play with. If you take a look at rewards you will see the numbers of gold coins needed...you can can BOGF for the MGM hotels so obviously save the price of the buffet. Some people might not think its worth doing just to get a free buffet. I am not a busy working mam or anything so have plenty of free time so its no trouble to me. Where are you staying? Mirage has free alcohol with the buffet if you like a glass of wine or a beer.

Dylans tour was brilliant and worth every penny. We did Muir Island and the Red Woods and it was brilliant. Our guide was really good.
I will have a look I might be bk with questions
Well we were staying in the Carriage but found a fab deal in the Palazzo (so it was a bit more than the Carriage but thought if we only go the once then at least we have been in a big strip hotel)
Glad Dylan’s was great he does have fab reviews
Old 20 Mar 18, 01:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleT
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Well we were staying in the Carriage but found a fab deal in the Palazzo (so it was a bit more than the Carriage but thought if we only go the once then at least we have been in a big strip hotel)
That’s fab, we must have found the same deal ! I booked the Palazzo last night with Ebookers, it had 20% off then used a 15% discount code I can’t wait to stay here and booked the Bella suite so we’ve got the all important 2 beds and sofa so ds & dd are happy they’re not sharing !
Which of the Dylan’s tours are you booked on, I really need to start booking things for us to do now the hotels are almost booked
MichelleT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Wow we stayed at Venetian and it was just wonderful. You will love it. Well worth the extra. Not in same league as Carriage House. Hope you manage with my Vegas. Just ask if not😀
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It sounds confusing
Is it worth it between now and July will I get much?
What buffet would you recommend with kids? What sort of cost is reasonable
I’m glad you had a fab holiday I’ve just read you did Dylan’s tours we are doing that super excited.
With kids your better off with off strip buffers for cost .

Off strip you’ll pay $60 ish at night for a family of 4 on strip at least double that .

I was in Vegas till last week and by far the best buffets we had were Red Rock and Green Valley .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by langside View Post
People keep saying that the rewards aren’t as good as they used to be but considering you don’t have to spend any money/ but any coins if you don’t want to - they’re still not bad

For instance for our July trip I’ve just redeemed & booked 1 fee ticket for the cirque shows : KA, LOVE & Zumanity each - perfect for something for me to do when OH is playing poker. They’re all category D tickets but the total cost to buy would be $215 after fees so not a bad saving at all and literally I only play on the games for 10min and most of that is auto spin so I’m not even in the room to do it

If you want to be able to redeem more rewards (think is up to 5) you’ll probably have to buy chips - might be worth it in some cases but you’ll be able to get 3 like I have without spending anything

We’ve been playing since the start and I stand by what I say the rewards are not as good .

We had trips where we saved $100s due to myVEGAS but that was when there were more rewards and far less restrictions . You used to be able to log on at any time and get whatever reward you wanted you can’t now .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
With kids your better off with off strip buffers for cost .

Off strip you’ll pay $60 ish at night for a family of 4 on strip at least double that .

I was in Vegas till last week and by far the best buffets we had were Red Rock and Green Valley .
Think with or without kids off strip buffets are cheaper no denying that ...because they are not on the strip! Then you have to get to there though... Red Rock which was lovely... need to get there, and as this post is about Myvegas buffets you cant use any of the rewards at off strip buffets.

Edited at 11:01 PM.
Old 20 Mar 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

[QUOTE=daytonababe;13135653]We’ve been playing since the start and I stand by what I say the rewards are not as good .

We had trips where we saved $100s due to myVEGAS but that was when there were more rewards and far less restrictions . You used to be able to log on at any time and get whatever reward you wanted you can’t now .[/QUOTE

As said 100% agree rewards have declined and are harder to get and in my opinion it will probably get worse...for the reason stated..so many people playing a free game and they cant sustain the rewards they once did. Playstudios tempt you with free chips etc and at the start big rewards to get people to play and hopefully buy chips. Now if you buy chips you get more rewards and see better deals on hotel rewards as an incentive to buy chips. So definitely less rewards and some are like gold dust to get Still free is free at the moment and you cant get better than that, no matter what you were able to get in the past.Some people dont think its worth it and thats ok. I am just happy to get what we get now and if it stops I have lost nothing... or I'll get fed up and stop playing before then
Old 21 Mar 18, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Think with or without kids off strip buffets are cheaper no denying that ...because they are not on the strip! Then you have to get to there though... Red Rock which was lovely... need to get there, and as this post is about Myvegas buffets you cant use any of the rewards at off strip buffets.
Not a problem when you have a car

But Tweety asked about good value buffets for families and i answered her question..
Old 21 Mar 18, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Not a problem when you have a car

But Tweety asked about good value buffets for families and i answered her question..
I clearly didn't realize she meant she had a car or that she had switched from being on the strip.