Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Apr 18, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Florida doesnt take the same planning does it? Much easier as once you are there you are there... just a couple of hotels to book. With the west coast you travel miles and have to try and cram everything into your few days there. We didnt see nearly enough of San Diego and will go back. Its only the money that stopped us adding it on again this year.

Think maybe a little trip to Fort Lauderdale may be in the pipeline for May
Oo really lovely... we only went there for a couple of hrs en route bk to Miami and it was fab - great beach too! Is that where your DS lives?
Old 7 Apr 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Oo really lovely... we only went there for a couple of hrs en route bk to Miami and it was fab - great beach too! Is that where your DS lives?
No my sister lives in the UK but holidays in Florida for winter for about 6 months of the year. I won't see her sadly . Thinking of few days in FL then a cruise. Have to say I am not a beach person really but will be happy with a couple of days there.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

No my sister lives in the UK but holidays in Florida for winter for about 6 months of the year. I won't see her sadly . Thinking of few days in FL then a cruise. Have to say I am not a beach person really but will be happy with a couple of days there.
Sounds good to me 6 months in FL!
Cruise sounds lovely... I’ve only ever done one a Disney one though it was superb! I thought I would be scared of just the amount of water and no land but I loved it... helped with Mickey Mouse on board
How long does it take for you to fly to FL?
Old 7 Apr 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Sounds good to me 6 months in FL!
Cruise sounds lovely... I’ve only ever done one a Disney one though it was superb! I thought I would be scared of just the amount of water and no land but I loved it... helped with Mickey Mouse on board
How long does it take for you to fly to FL?
Would love to do a Disney cruise but dont think it will happen. Think if we had young kids I would splash out but we can get two for the price of a disney cruise so will make do with that. For the right price I would definitely do one.

Direct the flight is about 3 hrs 20 mins. Good thing is we are just an hour ahead of Florida time wise, so we dont get the horrible jet lag.
We dont have any direct flights from here in winter though so have to get 2 flights. We would leave here at 11.00 am and get to FL at 5.30pm. in May. Summer flights start in June.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Would love to do a Disney cruise but dont think it will happen. Think if we had young kids I would splash out but we can get two for the price of a disney cruise so will make do with that. For the right price I would definitely do one.

Direct the flight is about 3 hrs 20 mins. Good thing is we are just an hour ahead of Florida time wise, so we dont get the horrible jet lag.
We dont have any direct flights from here in winter though so have to get 2 flights. We would leave here at 11.00 am and get to FL at 5.30pm. in May. Summer flights start in June.
Oo your so lucky that’s like us going to Europe!
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Oo your so lucky that’s like us going to Europe!
I know. I remember well the horrible long flights from the UK and the jetlag! Lived in Sunderland for most of my life till we came here
Old 7 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I know. I remember well the horrible long flights from the UK and the jetlag! Lived in Sunderland for most of my life till we came here
I know that is the downside... esp coming home!