Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Jul 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Do you ever wonder what you've got yourself in to?

A couple of years ago I decided that to further myself and give myself some extra career options I would apply for a MSc in Risk Crisis and Disaster management.
Now some time on I'm sat at my desk currently staring at a load of textbooks which just seem to have circling lines of random characters. What I'm supposed to be doing is writing my dissertation proposal.

Does anyone else ever wonder what on earth they've got themselves into?

Edited at 09:29 AM.
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Frequently i work for the nhs 🙄
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Manage this crisis by reducing your stress.
Abandon your course.
Sky have a new Netflix on offer for £3 monthly.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I did an Open University Degree a few years ago. It took me 6 years alongside working full time plus being seriously ill part of my final year and I sometimes asked myself what I'd got myself into. But a lot of that was not having done any studying for over 30 years! I think it comes with the territory of being a mature student. I did enjoy it on the whole though and was so chuffed when I finally got my Degree.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I signed up to a 3 year diploma alongside working full time, being a mum to 3 etc etc and wondered many a time what the hell I have let myself in for and so very nearly gave up many times. I'm so glad I didn't though as all the stress was worth it. You just have to persevere with it and keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. take some time out and come back to it if your just not feeling it, set time aside with no distractions so you can concentrate.

keep going you will never regret any extra education or qualifications but you will definitely regret if you give up.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I did a nursing masters a few years ago... my blood pressure went through the roof, I packed it in after 10 months, took a few weeks out and restarted (only missed a couple of uni days)... I finished it, still got pushed out of my job a couple of years later and wonder why on earth I put myself through it...
I had a traumatic time, took myself out of nursing for a while, managed a pub for a year, then nursing home work before starting my current job 3 years ago, I’m relatively stress free, enjoy my very part time job... I still dust the dissertation now and then, I also think that even though it got me a MMedSci it’s a load of rubbish... I suppose I proved that I could do it but it hasn’t influenced my work since...
Good luck, you’ve come this far you might as well finish it now...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 11:56 AM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I finished an MSC earlier this year, I did it full time for one year. There were a couple of the requirements that I didn't know how on earth I was going to get through. One being the 10,000 word dissertation, which in my case was a research project. I have Never had to write essays or dissertations before as my first degree is in the sciences, so that was a new experience.

All done and dusted now and over all, I enjoyed it and it was worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Think it every time I come on the Dibb. Why did I start it ? Now i’m addicted ! Shall I do my ironing, i’ll just have a dibb first . Aargh stop it now. Get your pile of ironing done .
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for your words of support, I've no desire to jack it all in, but there are just times when it all gets on top. Full-time work, a young family and a masters are certainly not an easy combination
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes I’ve just embarked on a 2 year home study course and the first module has 14 hrs of reading alone about FM and business continuity plans. I’m definitely wondering what I’ve got myself into but no going back now!

Good luck.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List