Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 19, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Las Vegas Airport to Strip - Limo or UberXL

On our road trip starting in Vegas we are not going to pick our hire car up until we leave Vegas, therefore we need to get a car from the airport to our hotel.

We are a family of 5 (with 4 bags) and I'm not convinced all the UberXL's or SUVs I've had would take us all. Alternative is to get a walk up Limo, or take 2 Ubers if the first one that arrives can't take us all.

Any experience / recommendations for a family of 5?

Thanks!
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Can’t comment on limo but two Ubers would be fine. It’s no distance from the airport to the strip, so quite cheap. Also consider Lyft (rival to Uber but v popular). There are lots of discount offers available if you have a look online, if not, your likely to get handed a discount card on the strip
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

We got a taxi from the airport to our hotel as we were worried about the luggage (family of 4 with 4 cases and hand luggage). The guy at the airport just called a larger taxi forward so we could fit our luggage in. Our friends got a UBER as they only had hand luggage it would have cost more for 2 ubers over 1 taxi.
Old 12 Jul 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr__Incredible
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
We got a taxi from the airport to our hotel as we were worried about the luggage (family of 4 with 4 cases and hand luggage). The guy at the airport just called a larger taxi forward so we could fit our luggage in. Our friends got a UBER as they only had hand luggage it would have cost more for 2 ubers over 1 taxi.
Sounds like an option for us. Was there a big line for a Taxi and do you recall how much it cost?
Mr__Incredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
10minuteman
I have Ears

That's exactly why I hire limos. I have long forgotten taxis. People now have more options than ever before when they need to get to their destinations. You should really consider hiring a limousine company. Last time I hired a limo was last month from xl-limony/ who were really pleasant to deal with. A huge issue with ride-sharing apps is that anyone can become a driver. When you rent your vehicle from a professional company, you can be confident the person driving you has passed a comprehensive background and drug test. With better oversight, you can be more confident you will get better customer service, so every aspect of your trip is incredible.
10minuteman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 10minuteman View Post
That's exactly why I hire limos. I have long forgotten taxis. People now have more options than ever before when they need to get to their destinations. You should really consider hiring a limousine company. Last time I hired a limo was last month from xl-limony/ who were really pleasant to deal with. A huge issue with ride-sharing apps is that anyone can become a driver. When you rent your vehicle from a professional company, you can be confident the person driving you has passed a comprehensive background and drug test. With better oversight, you can be more confident you will get better customer service, so every aspect of your trip is incredible.
I looked into a limo transfer and it was exponentially higher than Uber?

I found the Uber experience in Vegas really good both from a cost perspective and how personable the drivers were. I like that I can see previous reviews. I thought Uber drivers get de-selected (‘sacked’) if their scores fell below a certain level.
Old 30 Jul 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We use bell travel cheap and cheerful never fails
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I looked into a limo transfer and it was exponentially higher than Uber?

I found the Uber experience in Vegas really good both from a cost perspective and how personable the drivers were. I like that I can see previous reviews. I thought Uber drivers get de-selected (‘sacked’) if their scores fell below a certain level.
Agree 100% about Uber. Having used it numerous times over lots of trips cant say I have one single complaint.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Uber or Lyft. You can often get codes for Lyft to make it cheaper.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List