Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 08, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
liberty square
Getting Excited

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We drove to DLP in May and it is very easy. We went on the Eurotunnel to Calais and from there it is Motorway all the way, with a toll charge of approx £16.00...took approx 3.5 hrs, very simple

WDW 89, 90, 05, 07 Port Orleans 08 Animal Kingdom Lodge10 Sunset Lakes 11 Lake Berkley 12 Legacy Park 14 Miami 15 Polynesian 17 Beach Club18 OKW
DLP May & Dec 05 Sequoia Lodge May 08 Davy Crockets Feb 09 Santa Fe Aug 12 Davy Crockets
liberty square is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 08, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The driving time from Calais to DLP is around 2 and a half hours. The roads are empty and well sign posted. Don't forget you need European Breakdown cover, reflective triangle and jacket. These are required by French Law and on the spot fines are given if you haven't got them.

You will have a great time ...

Can't wait ... 30th October DLP Halloween.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 08, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

We always drive over to DLP, we love having our own car, and we like the ferry trip, as it breaks the journey up for the kids.

From Birmingham to DLP it takes us 8 hours in total. We always stay in a hotel in Dover on the way, so we can catch the 10am ferry, but on the way back we just drive straight home.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 08, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LisaR76
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Im torn between driving and the Eurostar. The last couple of times we have driven, but when we were planning our recent trip at the beginning of October, we factored in the eurotunnel prices (never been by ferry), toll charges and petrol and it was about the same as going on the Eurostar so we opted for that option. It was great to just relax and go straight through on a train. The only downside is we couldn't leave when we wanted, we had to wait for the 8pm train. I think I would do both again depending on what was the cheaper option.
LisaR76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 08, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post

We're driving (well I say we, Neil is driving!) in Dec and from what I've heard, it's a fairly straightforward drive - just need to remind Neil to drive on the "wrong" side of the road!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 08, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We have driven down 9 or 10 times and also several other times on the continent and find it very easy. Although we live in Southampton we tend to use the tunnel as we mainly go during the autumn/winter and are not good sailors.

If you are staying in a disney hotel you get free parking there and then just walk or shuttle bus to the parks. Ours normally doesn't get used at all while we are there unless we go to Val d'Europe one evening. We prefer this to Cite Europe for foodie/wine shopping.

It is a pretty straightforward road, only tricky bit is round Charles De Gaulle. It is a toll road, if I remember rightly about 20E each way from Calais to Paris, and it takes about 3 - 3 1/2 hours.

I have recently just priced up a trip the week before xmas and even with ryanair "free" flights from Bournemouth to Beauvais, adding in car hire and all the extras like check in and hold luggage compared to tunnel crossing and fuel - driving will cost about £200-£250 and will take 6-7 hours door to door, flying will cost at least £100 more but will only take 4-5 hours all in.

I definately prefer driving as no worries about taking too much and no worries about buying stuff over there! (kids can't sit with wine cases on their lap if you fly lol )
Old 30 Oct 08, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bradleysmummy View Post
We are drving from Southampton in December. I've done it by coach 3 times so this time its first for me, we are getting the tunnel.
When are you going in December, might see you driving there, are there dibb car stickers so we can recognise each other on the tunnel
Old 31 Oct 08, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We got back last night from DLP We left the park at 6 ocolck local time and was on the 9.35 Ferry home with no problems what so ever.
It cost about 19.euros for the toll roads each way but you can use your credit card.
We didnt decide to go until wednesday for a short break left home at 4.45 in the afternoon got to dlp just before midnight. If you are driving at night the frieght on the roads significantly increases but not to much of a problem an also the speed limit depends on the weather if it is raining it is 110 KMpH if it isnt it is 130kmpH.
Driving is the only way we ever go. so slightly bias i guess. Yes the parking is included in the ticket.

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 08, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DizzieMinnie
Apprentice Imagineer

we have driven and if it was s toss up between driving or flying i would choose driving any day.
But the best way we ever went was eurostar - dont know how expensive it is now but it was so relaxing and drops you off smack in the middle of DLP
Disneyland CA 1981 Disneyland Paris, Cheyenne, 1996,1997,1999 Quality Inn International July 2005 All Star Sports December 2006 Caribbean Beach Christmas 2007 Port Orleans Riverside Christmas 2008 & 2011, Clarion Inn LBV 2012 Coronade Springs Christmas 2014
DizzieMinnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 08, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post

We've been 5 times, gone on Eurostar direct once and 4 times driving via Euro Tunnel (Folkestone), we did this for numerous reasons:

- It's cheaper and only takes 5 1/2 hours from Berkshire, UK to Disneyland Paris (used the toll roads in France cost 20.00 euros each way)

- Don't have to limit the amount you take

- The snacks/food and drinks in the park soon add up, so we take our own snacks and drinks with us. An Example of cost (we went in Feb this year for 3 nights, 4 days) 2.30euros for a regular bottle of water, lunch at Casseys Corner consisted of 2 kids meals, 2 hotdogs, 4 drinks and total cost 37.50 euros, Anita's Diner cost 80.00 euros for 4 people so i'd definately drive and save some money on those snacks. Exchange rate at the time was 1.28.

- You can bring loads of things back with you

We took a car DVD player with us and this was invaluable - kept the kids amused in the car but also used it in the hotel the hotel as there was only two channels available in English - Disney and a news channel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread