Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 09, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

adding NYC

Basically i rang Virgin and to change our flight to a day later coming home from JFK New York rather than LAX would cost £60pp then to get a flight from LAX - JFK would be about £80pp (takes about 5 hours! i don't know why but thought it would take alot less ha) i think this overall £140 is well worth it for 2 days in New York, but then it's the hotel!

I am trying to convince DBF to add New York onto the holiday, now on Priceline i could get a decent Hotel in NYC for about $100 per night which would be about £135, that would be great apart from there is 3 of us not 2 and you can only book for 2 people!

Otherwise hotels are looking about £120 per night too expensive to persuade my DBF!

Any ideas? x
Old 26 May 09, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

ooh you have answered something i was wondering about, i thought it would cost more than that to change the flight? ooh im tempted now and i know DBF would like too. As you say just need to add on hotel cost then, i'd like to do 3 or 4 nights.
Hope you can convince your boyfriend
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 09, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Forgot to say if you havent checked flight proces for LA - New york
Virgin America do the route direct for about $109
Jetblue also direct for about $109 (you can fly from San Diego direct to NY with them too) and also Southwest airlines for again $109
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 09, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
ooh you have answered something i was wondering about, i thought it would cost more than that to change the flight? ooh im tempted now and i know DBF would like too. As you say just need to add on hotel cost then, i'd like to do 3 or 4 nights.
Hope you can convince your boyfriend
I know i thought £60pp was really good! I looked on Jetblue, typical the day we would want to fly it works out at $149 the $109 ended up at $119 so not bad.

But it is the hotel i am worried about, never known such an expensive place for hotels, we have been before in Dec08 so a 2 day fix would have done but doesn't look like it will happen now! gutted.

And my DBF said that we could go after all, although no over enthused he said you have planned everything so it's only fair! grrr x
Old 27 May 09, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Hotels in Manhattan are frighteningly expensive (at least in comparison to Orlando) Try looking at Brooklyn, just over the bridge, usually just a couple of stops on the subway and much cheaper. Try looking at trip advisor ( Google "Brooklyn hotels trip advisor") for ideas.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 09, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

Don't make the mistake of bidding on Priceline for NYC, and expecting to get a hotel to accommodate three people, please? New York hotels are notoriously small, and (unlike other major cities, where they will generally try to accommodate you) in NYC, they will not.Mainly because, in truth, they simply won't have rooms that accommodate more than two people. And, if they have, they are set at a very high premium.

Have you tried Hotwire - where you can ate least ask for rooms to allow three people?
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 09, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
Don't make the mistake of bidding on Priceline for NYC, and expecting to get a hotel to accommodate three people, please? New York hotels are notoriously small, and (unlike other major cities, where they will generally try to accommodate you) in NYC, they will not.Mainly because, in truth, they simply won't have rooms that accommodate more than two people. And, if they have, they are set at a very high premium.

Have you tried Hotwire - where you can ate least ask for rooms to allow three people?

Yer thankyou i know you are right, so it's a no go for us this time but never mind i'm already onto planning yosemite! haha

A planners work is never done!
Old 27 May 09, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by merkat View Post
I know i thought £60pp was really good! I looked on Jetblue, typical the day we would want to fly it works out at $149 the $109 ended up at $119 so not bad.

But it is the hotel i am worried about, never known such an expensive place for hotels, we have been before in Dec08 so a 2 day fix would have done but doesn't look like it will happen now! gutted.

And my DBF said that we could go after all, although no over enthused he said you have planned everything so it's only fair! grrr x

I found your PTR for New york a while ago, couldnt find the actual report though i love reading NY trippies and looking at pictures as i want to go so bad.
Arghh i hope you have some luck finding a good deal for a hotel
Old 27 May 09, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
we did the jetblue vegas - jfk route last year and think it ws about $109 - yes it takes 5 hours. we got the last flight out of vegas (think about 10.25pm and arrived in nyc the following morning at 6am. yes we didn't get much sleep (4 hours if that that night) but it was worth it as we didn't have to pay the ridiculous NYC hotel prices so consider that perhaps if those timings are ok for you. in theory don't miss out anywhere then - full day in LA, full day in NYC & flying over night.

we stayed at the wellington - bargain for the location - could do with updating perhaps but clean, tidy and as i said the location is great.

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 09, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread