Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Jun 09, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Has anyone stayed in...

I have found a good deal on a hotel in La Jolla, but was wondering if anyone had ever stayed there? Thought if we stayed just outside San Diego it might be a little cheaper?

Can anyone advise me on the area etc? Many thanks
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Well i have never been so can only go from what i have heard, but usually the hotels tend to be more expensive in La Jolla, we are also staying very close to La Jolla and have only heard good things about it!

Great reataurants, beaches and people. It is easy to visit downtown SD and other places, it is apparantly one of the top 100 places to visit by Tripadvisor.

Can i ask which hotel you are looking at staying? x
Old 2 Jun 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I found a good deal staying at Embassy Suites, we loved our stay at another of their hotels in Monterey.

Problem is now I stupidly can't find it? Have been doing alot of research and now can't remember where I found it. !
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
I found a good deal staying at Embassy Suites, we loved our stay at another of their hotels in Monterey.

Problem is now I stupidly can't find it? Have been doing alot of research and now can't remember where I found it. !
haha i do things like that all the time, look in your history maybe? hope you find it, i'm sure you will! Wow that restaurant patio looks amazing! might visit there for a drink!

Also gets great reviews on Tripadvisor good luck finding it! x
Old 2 Jun 09, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

La Jolla (pronounced "La Hoya") is the most desirable zipcode in the San Diego area. Indeed, it does not have a San Diego zipcode at all.

Rooms will tend to be more expensive than for the same type of room in San Diego. It's a great area, with many peoples idea of the best beach in Southern California, in La Jolla Shores.

I love it - if you can get a good deal, I would strongly advise you to book it!
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

La Jolla is a very select area with good restraunts shops and gallerys, the only thing about it is it is probaly 30-40 mins to down town San Diego but probaly 20 mins from mission beach.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 09, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jannine
Excited about Disney

La Jolla is lovely & is only a short drive from downtown San Diego. If the price is right...go for it
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

ohh we have been looking at a lovely villa there. Strange all dibbers together LOL

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread