Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 09, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

San Fran ~ how long and where to stay?

How long do you recommend to stay in San Fran?

We would be staying end Aug beg Sept 2011 ~ would 3 nights be enough or 4?

Where have fellow dibbers stayed ~ I've looked at the hilton, union square and holiday inn fishermans wharf ~ any views, opinions pics would be welcome.

We won't be picking up our hire car until we leave so would you recommend Taxi to the hotel or a shuttle?
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

We just had 5 full days in San Fran, one of which was on a day tour to Carmel/Monterey. Having 4 days in the city was probably about perfect although there were a couple of things we would like to have done but didn't get time.
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

I agree, 4 days would be about right. We stayed at holiday inn express, fishermans wharf ( you get breakfast included at holiday inn express ). We just took a normal taxi from the airport.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

I would highly recommend getting the City Pass. Get's you 7 days unlimited access to the cable cars and muni buses for getting around. The cable car rides themselves are $5 one way or $11 per day.

citypass/city/sanfrancisco.html
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

I've just had a look at you can get the hilton at union square for $99 ~ anyone stayed there?

with regard to the city pass ~ are we likely to use the trams and buses that much to need a pass? we are both really fit and think nothing of walking 6-10 miles a day on holiday ~ I can see that the pass offers entry into some attrations is it worth it for these?
bluesky30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bluesky30 View Post
I've just had a look at you can get the hilton at union square for $99 ~ anyone stayed there?

with regard to the city pass ~ are we likely to use the trams and buses that much to need a pass? we are both really fit and think nothing of walking 6-10 miles a day on holiday ~ I can see that the pass offers entry into some attrations is it worth it for these?

We do a fair bit of walking but the hills in san Francisco have to be seen to be believed anyway, you can't visit San Francisco without riding the cable cars and if you buy a pass to ride the cable cars it allows you to ride the trams/ buses as well, so you may as well save your legs .
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

okay will look into the pass

I need to walk up those hills though and sadly will probably have to run up them to! ~ i'm a triathlete and will still need to train whilst away.

Also more miles done on foot means more calories burned equals more ice cream to be consumed in vegas!
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Essex Benjy's!
Imagineer

I dont understand your trip plan-are you going to california longer and stopping off in San Fran?
We liked Alcatraz and the sea lions on the bay-The bridge and The Queen Mary.
We flew into LA and spent a total of 3 weeks there with 3 days in San Fran.
Also enjoyed anaheim (Disney of course!) San Diego-Las Vegas and the drive from San Fran to mexico border was lovely (we hired a car)
Essex Benjy's! is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
bluesky30
Imagineer

we will fly into San Fran stay for prob 3 nights then go to yosemite for 3 nights, death valley 1-2 nights then vegas 7-9nights
Old 25 Jul 09, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Essex Benjy's!
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluesky30 View Post
we will fly into San Fran stay for prob 3 nights then go to yosemite for 3 nights, death valley 1-2 nights then vegas 7-9nights
If you can id add a third week while your there (if you havent been?)
The flights are the same cost (if you havent booked yet)
Have you ever been Las Vegas before? 3 nights there was enough for us but we dont really gamble and had 2 kids with us.
Essex Benjy's! is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread