Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 09, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

ToT pre-show is in French. At the Armageddon show/ride the CM did a show of hands of those who were French or English and then did it on the majority, which happened to be French on that occasion. But there were subtitles in a few languages on the screens.

Trust me - the language is NOT an issue to enjoying yourself there!
Old 23 Sep 09, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Tut tut! How dare the French build a theme park in their country AND use their own language on some rides instead of a foreign language! How dare they! LOL!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Wrong, Armagedon is defo in French only, with english subtitles and so is the Walt Disney hall of fame. Where they dub Walts voice in french and stick up subtitles.

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
None of them are in French only. Some have different seating areas by language, and some use a mixture of languages with different characters speaking differnet languages this works surprisingly well, with the English character basically translating for the French one - ie, "Why Mickey did you say you were Hungry? Here, let's have some cake?'

We didnt' find language to be an issue at all.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Wrong, Armagedon is defo in French only, with english subtitles and so is the Walt Disney hall of fame. Where they dub Walts voice in french and stick up subtitles.
As I said above, when I went on Armageddon the CM running it did a show of hands for those who were French and those who were English and then did it on the majority (which was French on that occasion).
Old 23 Sep 09, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Yeap, they did that for us to, but the french were actually out numbered by everyone else, i.e adding italians, english, spanish etc.

Then he said just to read the subtitles.

The show is already setup and screens on, so they arent really going to go change it to how many hands go up.

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
As I said above, when I went on Armageddon the CM running it did a show of hands for those who were French and those who were English and then did it on the majority (which was French on that occasion).
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Oh, and I disagree. The language is a big problem considering this is meant (was meant) to be a Euro Disney appealling to more than just French. They should have gone with a universal language, well English.

And dubbing Walt Disney himself in french is just plain plain wrong.

Everything about France Disney is saying sorry your not welcome if your not French. I think its even in their french advert (but thats in French too! ). It sort of translates to "Come to Disney Paris, everyone is welcome apart from those who are not French"

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Old 23 Sep 09, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Oh, and I disagree. The language is a big problem considering this is meant (was meant) to be a Euro Disney appealling to more than just French. They should have gone with a universal language, well English.

And dubbing Walt Disney himself in french is just plain plain wrong.

Everything about France Disney is saying sorry your not welcome if your not French. I think its even in their french advert (but thats in French too! ). It sort of translates to "Come to Disney Paris, everyone is welcome apart from those who are not French"
Maybe you should direct some of your anger towards the Walt Disney Company who, after looking at the whole of Europe, decided to put their park in France which is full of French people onthe whole?

I can't work out if you're serious or just trolling...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 09, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have to admit I didn't go on Armegeddon, but we certainly didn't encounter any problems with the language and none of us speak any French at all.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 09, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I know france is full of french, but my problem is you really do feel around the park that the french are given more priority than anyone else. Look after your own and all that.

Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
Maybe you should direct some of your anger towards the Walt Disney Company who, after looking at the whole of Europe, decided to put their park in France which is full of French people onthe whole?

I can't work out if you're serious or just trolling...
Old 24 Sep 09, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

As its owned by EuroDisney SCA who are are French company they are looknig after their own! Although some of the things in French are a bit weird (first time I went Jiminy Cricket in the Pinnochio ride had a really deep French voice- highly weird!) its good they have a couple of bits in English. In Phantom manor and Pirates most of the talking is in French but the songs are in English (so you can disconcert the people areound you by singing along!), and Madame Leota is actually bi-lingual (clever ghost that one!). On Peter Pan, Pinnochio and Snow White most of the talking bits are in French (odd lines in English) but these arerides which really speak for themselves without the need for talking, its more just to add a bit of background I think!
Oh and Its a Small World is in French, and English, and German, and Italian, and... (I'll stop there I think! )
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread