General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 2 Apr 11, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Big Dibb meet 2011 - TrueBlue's version ;-)

Hi folks

I thought i'd do a wee trip report as a reminder of our fabulous long weekend away with other like minded dibbers - some nutty , some sensible (won't mention any names! )

Anyhow I hope you enjoy reading 'my' version of events from one of the best weekends of my life. I'm sure others will have their own stories to tell so I won't discriminate too many dibbers here lol

Date of meet - Friday 25th March - Monday 28th March 2011

It was a very busy week for me as I was working and didn't finish up till the Thursday night. I came home about 9pm and was trying to finish off packing and dibbing/facebooking and wishing everyone a safe journey for the following day. Went to bed about 11pm as we were having to get up early on the Friday morning.

I got up about 7am, had a cuppa and said my final farewells and 'see ya soon' on Facebook to my fellow dibb campers. I was sooooo excited for meeting up with old and new friends. The sun was shining and the weather forecast for the weekend was looking very promising

DH got up just after me then I went and woke the kids up about 8am. We packed the car - OMG how much stuff do we need for 3 nights away. My car isn't exactly on the small side, it's a Xsara Picasso so has a huge boot but we managed to fill it with only enough space for my Mum's tiny suitcase when we pick her up enroute.

DH sets the Sat Nav () and puts it in MY car Sorry but I really hate the things lol I worked in the parcel industry for 15 years and learnt how to read maps etc before Sat Nav were even invented. I vowed i'd never have one in my car but DH really can't be bothered reading me out directions so i'm stuck with a tomtom thingy that won't shut up the whole journey

We set off at 9am as planned and head to Glasgow to pick up my Mum. I know this road off by heart as I go there often enough but yet the Sat Nav is trying to take me a different way. I just ignore it and go the route I always go. We arrive at my Mum's house just after 10am and we're soon on our way to Prestatyn

We head for the M8 then we're quickly onto the M74 then the M6 and it's basically a straight road for the next 180 miles or so. After about 2 hours we pull into Westmoreland service station for some lunch. It's about 12 noon by now and we're all pretty hungrey. We all get a hot meal but it ain't cheap... about £45 for lunch.

We leave here after about 45 mins and set off for our final leg of the journey. The sun has been shining the whole way with hardly a cloud in the sky. We hope it stays like this for the rest of the weekend.

Mr Sat Nav man directs me straight to the park without getting us lost. To be honest I really didn't need this machine until maybe the last 5 miles or so. It's a really straight forward journey but there is some really wyndy roads all down hill for a few miles which leads you almost directly to the park.

We arrive at the park about 3.30 pm and there is 2 security guards at the gatehouse. I show him my confirmation letter and they direct us to reception. The car park for reception was full and we couldn't find a space. The attendant directs us to the smaller car park where the spar shop in. I park right next to another Dibbers car (nurseshortie). She's my neice and had arrived at the same time as us.

I left the kids in the car with my Mum and me and DH headed to the reception for our caravan keys. They were allocating the vans in the Showbar rather than the reception (this is the hall were the evening entertainment takes place). There's a long table at the bottom with 5 people checking everyone in. We only waited a few minutes then we soon had our caravan keys in our hand. As me and DH headed back to our car we came across our first Dibbers of the weekend - Vron and Sue We said our hello's and exchanged hugs then continued back to our car

Our caravan was literally only a few minutes walk for the main entertainment area. I had booked a platiunum as we really wanted central heating throughout. It was so cold at last years meet that I couldn't bear another weekend like that again. We opened to door to our van and it was lovely and warm. We unpacked the car then put the kettle on for a cuppa!

Some pics of our caravan... sorry I don't have any photo's of the bedrooms

After we had our cuppa and unpacked I phoned my sister Maggie B who was sharing a caravan with her hubby, daughter (nurseshortie) and their friend Lynn. They said they were happy with their van so headed over to see them for 10 mins. Their van was really warm too as they also had central heating.

By this time it was about 5pm so we headed back to our van as I was making a curry for tonights dinner

I got in contact with Purple Myra and they were going to the Mash and Barrel for their dinner. We arranged at time to meet them there. We all had a quick freshen up and a change of clothes then headed out about 7pm ish. We went to the Mash and Barrel the first people I saw as soon as we walked in was EGG (chris) and his gorgeous hubby Stephen. Myra and Jake were sitting just behind them.

Myra was yapping on the phone and she passed it to me to say it was Heather1957. I was really nervous speaking to her and the first thing I said was 'ohhhh you speak Welsh'! She wished us a good weekend then Myra said she had said the exact same thing to her about speaking Welsh

I really do have to apologise, I didn't right notes up at the time, this is all from memory and things are a bit blury at places:pop:

We all went through to the Showbar and grabbed some seats. It was busy in there tonight so thought it was going to be a bit of a nightmare trying to find everyone.

The entertainers were on the stage doing the silly dances and there was loads of kids up trying to copy them. I went round chatting to loads of dibbers, i'll try and post as many pics as I can and put their names under each pic (if I can remember)

Purple Myra (Myra), EGG (Chris) TrueBlue (me - Marion)

Maggie B (Margaret - My sister) and Myra

Sharon and Ian (sharon) and me

Glen76 (Glen), me and Matt Charlton (Matt)

Continued...

Edited at 07:08 PM.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Have you been on the jugs of orange stuff again... Its 2011 you numpty 2012 hasnt happened yet
Unless you are time travelling

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
funkyjohn
Very Serious Dibber

funkyjohn's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Awww can't believe it's been a week...Happy memories.
funkyjohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
The caravan looks lovely Marion

Looking forward to reading your trippie - help build the excitement for next year

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

aww! lol at the 2012 it looks like you had a fab time, love the caravn it looks really nice.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
We had such a good night and went around chatting to as many people as we could.

At the end of the night we said our farewells and were all looking forward to the following days activities.

I think we got back to our van well after midnight and I sat up for an hour or so then had to go to bed as I was up early in the morning for the Big Dibb Meet.

Saturday - 26th March

I set my alarm for 8am as me and Myra had to be at the Carousel bar for 9.30am as we were 'Badge Monitors' for the day. I was actually Badge Monitor Assistant... Myra was the boss!:pop:

Head Badge Monitor ( Myra)

Loads of Dibbers started coming through the doors and we gave everyone their special badge and a pen to write their names on. I don't know how many people where there but i'd have a guess at 180? Here are some pics of the meet itself

Barryandcaron (Barry)

Dreamers (trish and her daughter Josiee)

Cinnabon (Joanne) (also known as Lorraine kelly lol) Dave and Lesley (dave)

Some of the raffle prizes.

The meet went really well and we had a raffle and a quiz (which Barry made too hard!)... well for me anyway lol It was lovely to see everyone in the same place. Mel (Florida Mel) took a group picture so hopefully I can pinch it off her and post in a bit

At the end of our meet the caravan cocktail crawlers (virgins and vetrans) got together to arrange what time we were starting off at and find the locations of the vans.

I quickly grabbed a burger king as I knew I need something to soak up the alcohol that was soon to be consumed! I then arranged for Caron to come to my van since we were neighbours and i'd take the car and leave it at Myra's van. Caron arrived and we loaded the alcohol into the boot and headed to Myra's.

Me, Caron and Myra headed off to find the rest of our 'Vetrans'. We were all meeting at Cinnabons (Joanne's) caravan first. On route we bumped into the rowdy ones

BenH (ben... the legend that is BenH), Vron and her Edward (or is it Jacob? ), Clarks (Sue) Orlando Mad (Jo), Leanne1977 (Leanne) Solo (Sarah), Barryandcaron (Caron) Purple Myra (Myra)

We soon all arrived at Cinnabon's caraven

Mickey Mouse type cupcakes... delish!

Joanne (Cinnabon) with her cocktails

I think Joanne's cocktail's were Moscow Mules? I could be wrong. They were lovely though but very very strong...you could taste the whiskey ... oh dear! lol

It was soon time to head onto the next van... Purple Myra's!

In here Myra had made the lethal Jagerbombs and I made Black Russians. Lynne had provided the nibbles for our van which was a mixture of crisps and various nibbles

On our way there

Inside Myra's van

Leanne, Vron, Caron and Sarah

The lovely Florida Mel (Mel)

Myra about to down a Jagerbomb

The Vetrans !

Next up (I think) we headed to Barryandcaron's caravan aka the Chilli van for some much needed hot chilli! Barry had spent all day slaving at the stove to make sure we all had something 'hot' in our tummys

(the lovely Barry in his kitchen)

We had a total laugh in here, I can go into too much details but it included Jo (Orlando Mad) misbehaving with 3 of EGG's teddies... i'll leave it to your imagination lol

Next up it was EGG's caravan... I can't remember the name of his cocktail but it had champagne in it and was really yummy. I loved his cocktail classes plus he also provided cream eggs. Florida mel did his nibbles for him and they were delish

TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 11, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Nice report Marion with some great photos

Barry
Old 2 Apr 11, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews

Myra and EGG's other half Stephen (he's lovely by the way)

Me, Vron, Chris, Jo, and Myra

I really can't disclose what was going on in this pic... I'd get banned for life! lol It does involve Myra and Jo though lol

EGG and his other half's jackets!

Next up was Vron and co's caravan

The van was plastered in posters of hunky men! - tut tut

In here there was a vast amount of various alcoholic 'things' being consumed.

Tequilla worms!

Vodka jelly babies

Vodka jelly (I think)

Plus there was lots of cocktails too (sorry I can't find any pics? )

Here's some pics of what went on in this van

You can't take oor Myra anywhere! lol

Myra kidding on she doesn't like hugs

I need to state that there is sooo many pics on our crawl that I can't post but it was all good clean (or not) fun!

I think at this point some of the virgins turned up at Vron and co's caravan and after a wee while we all started staggering back to our own vans.

At the same time as the cocktail crawl the men and kids were having a game of footie. DH went along with our boys and he took some pics. (i'll add more at the end of the thread)

I think this is Leanne1977's hubby that my son Callum has just tacked and tripped up lol

It was 6.30pm before I got back and my DH, Kids and mum were all starving waiting on me coming back lol. Me and DH went to the chippy and the woman behind the counter didn't have a clue what I was talking about when I asked for 4 fish suppers! Aparentley you have to order 4 fish and 4 portions of chips?

Anyway we got back to our van and finished our dinners then got ready for another night on the town.

We tried to get into the showbar again but it was soooo busy and I couldn't see any dibbers. Myra text me to say she was in the Carousel bar with some others so we headed there. After an hour or so we went through to the Mash and Barrel bar where they had karaoke on. I don't usually like Karaoke but it was actually really good fun.

Glen and Mark (Wembly80)
Old 2 Apr 11, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Just a minor detail Marion; we went to Chris's van before ours. I'm glad you forgot a minor incident though

Lovely to read about your time at Presthaven

Caron
Old 2 Apr 11, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Continued...

We were all sitting chatting and having a laugh and people were getting up to sing. Next the karaoke man announced for Joa and Ben to go up and sing. They had put their names down to do a duet - A Whole New World

They were VERY good... here's some pics

Not great pics i'm afraid but it was quite dark in there.

All us Dibbers (probably about 80 of us) were all standing up and swaying our arms from side to side and really egging them on. A girl in her 20's came up to me and asked if they were famous! I couldn't resist so I said that Yes they were lol. She asked what are they famous for and I said 'oh their from the Disney Channel'. She totally took it in lol. I was starting to laugh at this point so turned away from her and Mark (wembly80) took over the conversation. He told her they are really famous in America with the Disney channel and they had flown all with way over to sing at Haven!

This girl really took in everything we'd told her and before we knew it Joa and Ben were coming back to their tables and she grabbed them for a picture! ... it was soooo funny and now Ben gets called ' the LEGEND that is BenH'

Next up Liverbird (Karen) and Crazychic (lesley) got up to sing Shirley Bassey's 'Hey big spender'... they were really good too

When the night finished we all went back to our vans again. I was so looking forward to a lie in the next day as I was sooooo shattered for all the events.

DH said he was going to get up early in the morning and walk up Mount Snowdon! It was only an hour or so away and he couldn't resist with us being so close. He's a keen hillwalker and had took all his gear down with him

Sunday 27th March...

I didn't wake up till about 10am and DH had already left to walk Mount Snowdon. I made me, my Mum and the kids a big cooked breakfast.

It was another gorgeous day with not a cloud in the sky. I phoned my Sister Maggie B to see what they were up to. They didn't have anything planned so I suggested we all go for a walk along the beach since it was so nice.

They came round to our van and we headed for the path at leads you to the beach (about a minute from our van)

After our walk along the beach we had a walk around the caravan park. We came across the go carts and funfair rides and the boys wanted to have a go.