Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 11, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Have all of the rooms had a refurb now ? x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 11, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
torillien
VIP Dibber

torillien's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I stayed in a newly refurbed lodge in november .. It was really nice .. I can totally understand why you'd want to stay in the main building, but if you didn't have anyone in your party needing any special treatment the lodges are fine .. Litterally 3 mins stroll from the main building.

It was lovely .. You'll have a great time .. Can't wait to go back @ the en of june now
middle-aged-magic.co.uk
torillien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 11, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DLP-in-Sept
Helping Minnie

We stayed in DLP last September and paid extra for a Montana room which was in the main building (requested a quiet room on a low level). We then booked online in November 2010 for a stay during the first week in July this year. Again, we chose a Montana room and paid the extra £52. I recently rang DLP regarding another issue and queried information in the new brochure indicating that the Montana rooms were now in the lodges and not the main building. The DLP rep confirmed that from April 2011, this was now the case and we would be allocated a room in the lodges. I stated a preference for a room in the main building and this was noted on my booking modification as a standard room and we've been refunded the £52.

HTH
DLP-in-Sept is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 11, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Baby View Post
Yeah I've got all my DS's DLA and assesment paperwork I will take with me to get the GAC card. I always take it with me to Florida even though they don't need it there. But a friend told me at the weekend that DLP do require proof which is fine x
I've been reading up about GAC for DLP ... it looks like the letter has to be within 3 months. So DLA will not be good enough unless it is less than 3 months old. ((I think!)
Caj
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 11, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I've been reading up about GAC for DLP ... it looks like the letter has to be within 3 months. So DLA will not be good enough unless it is less than 3 months old. ((I think!)
Caj
I've got nothing thats within 3 months so I hope this isn't the case. On saying that though a friend of mine just had an update on payments from the DLA come through so hopefully mine will be through soon. But its 4 months till we go so that would still be over the 3 months ! x
Old 16 May 11, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi we have booked a montana room in January for our holiday in July - we have two boys 1 & 3 and thought the main building would be better - now i see a montana room is in the lodges - do you think its better to leave things as they are or should i phone and ask to be changed back to main building? Noise, quality ,distance and we booked this hotel because of the two pools - thanks so much for any help?

WE've never been in Paris b4 only orlando so don't know what to expect?

TIA
Old 16 May 11, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've stayed in Montana rooms 4 times and were always informed that all the rooms in the main building were called 'Montana rooms' to differentiate from the lodges, which is why they were slightly more expensive.
Has that changed - just so we know for next time
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:15 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 11, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Aparently so - im waiting to hear from someone more experienced but i tdefo says in their brochure now that the montana rooms are in the lodges and main building has standard rooms?

Did you think the main building was nice - quiet (for a hotel in disney lol ) and not to much of a walk to pool and brekkie etc?
Old 16 May 11, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mummy1983 View Post
Aparently so - im waiting to hear from someone more experienced but i tdefo says in their brochure now that the montana rooms are in the lodges and main building has standard rooms?

Did you think the main building was nice - quiet (for a hotel in disney lol ) and not to much of a walk to pool and brekkie etc?
We've preferred to stay in the main building - feels more as if you're a part of the hotel (if that makes sense). We usually go for the Xmas celebrations, so if it's a wet/ cold morning you don't need to take coats into breakfast; and you can leave coats in your room when you go down for a drink round the log fire, or to look round the shop etc. The lodges are very close, but still (to me) feel outside the hotel. We've always enjoyed staying there and our rooms have always been quiet even thought the lobby is busy. The walk round the lake and through the village to the parks is a nice 10 mins max.
Tigger, Pooh etc are usually in the hotel each breakfast time for pics.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 11:39 AM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 11, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

thanks for that
Closed Thread