Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Jun 11, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Originally Posted by HelenaB View Post
That's for the four of us in July and includes travelling to France so not too bad really. The killer was the food at the park which is pretty expensive.

I'd do that again but wouldn't pay more than that I don't think. Certainly not DH again!
My apologies, I mis-read! In which case I would say it is really good value for 4 inc travel
Old 7 Jun 11, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Every time I've been to DLP (approx 12 times) we have camped just outside (usually around Crecy La Chapelle) - it's ideal as it costs A LOT Less than a hotel, is really handy for the parks (and Paris) and you have more money to spend in the parks. Last September we went and stayed somewhere new (recommended in Camping and Caravanning Club book) for about £20 a night and it was perfect.

Also, not sure if you can still do it but for a while at least you could get park tickets with Tesco clubcard points - def worth looking into to save pennies.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I think we must just be very lucky with offers etc. Our November trip last year was 5 nights 6 days at The Cheyenne and cost just over £620.

Today we have priced up a surprise trip for our boys for the weekend before Christmas this year and are getting a total price of just short of £760 for the 4 of us, 3 nights 4 days including flights
Old 7 Jun 11, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
shellbdb
Excited about Disney

I don't get the whole florida/dlp comparison. I haven't been to Florida but people I do know that have gone have spent approx £4500 for 14 nights, if not more, this works out to be over £300 a night which price wise is similar or more to what you can pay for dlp. I'm sure Florida could be done for cheaper, as can dlp if not staying on site or catch good offer. For us dlp is the better option, we can get a disney fix and then another holiday in a year for cheaper than a Florida trip.
Back to the magic November 2017
shellbdb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 11, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

I second the idea of camping. We camped at Le 4 vents a short drive from dlp for 25 euros a night (2 adults and 2kids). We then bought annual passes. It will enable us to go back again this year. I know camping is not for everyone, but the prices of Disney hotels is too much for a short break.
yogibear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 11, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post

yogibear - it was les 4 Vents we stayed at this year! Fab site and very convenient for the parks. We really enjoyed it.

I'm trying to persuade DH to let us buy annual passes and go more than once in a year (not this year as off to WDW Florida in September) but as we live in the North East it's not quite as easy as if we lived on the South Coast. It's def a good option though!
Old 9 Jun 11, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
misaps
Very Serious Dibber

misaps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
we did seriously consider DLP as a special treat for DD who is missing out on our Maldive trip and due to other committments are not having a holiday next year. We really fancied spoiling her (and us) by booking the Castle Club in Disney Hotel which is ridiculously expensive; then we checked out the restaurant prices and train fare (we're only 30 minutes from Ashford so it's quite handy).

After all that we're off to Florida for a 11 day trip for not much more in August

The currency really has had an effect on our ability to holiday in Euro zone and not just DLP.
misaps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 11, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink&Peter View Post
yogibear - it was les 4 Vents we stayed at this year! Fab site and very convenient for the parks. We really enjoyed it.

I'm trying to persuade DH to let us buy annual passes and go more than once in a year (not this year as off to WDW Florida in September) but as we live in the North East it's not quite as easy as if we lived on the South Coast. It's def a good option though!
I like the idea of going more than once a year to DLP! Wonder whether I can talk DH round?
Old 9 Jun 11, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
yogibear
Earning More Ears

Tink&Peter - we loved Le 4 vents too and have stayed twice so far and have booked for August. We bought the annual passes when we realised that we could no longer justify a WDW holiday. Would love to go back to Florida or Claifornia, but until we can save more we are more than happy with dlp
yogibear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 11, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

Just to let you know that special offer prices are now out for off peak so get booking.

Quote for Disneyland Hotel for 2 nights/3 days is just (I say just) £840 for 2 ad, 2 kids.

SL would be around £500 for a adults. The prices only came out Tuesday.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread