Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 12, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

What are the must do rides please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 12, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
The passes work out to be very expensive bearing in mind you pay so much for your ticket already. We visited here last August and it was really really busy. They have loads of amazing coasters but the queues were horrendous. In the end we were not getting anywhere - I went to guest relations and explained how disappointed we were with the park and how the queues weren't policed (people were pushing in and abusing the pass system). They gave us 5 fast passes each so we managed to get some rides done. We didn't get everything done but DS got to ride some of the best ones.

It is a great park with great rides but to be honest, you need to expect the park to be busy and you will not realistically get everything done.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 12, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Must do rides are:
X2
Superman
Goliath
Tatsu
Colossus

Nice to do but not essential:
Riddlers Revenge

Can't remember the others - hope this helps.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 12, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mickiengland View Post
Lex Luthor Drop of Doom was advertised as opening in the Spring, but they have now changed it to Summer...

Actually sounds like they are planning to "launch" on Memorial Day - 28 May!
... the "official" launch has been announced as 30th June!
Old 7 Jun 12, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Ok = help me guys
Those of you who bought on line - I tried today to buy our tix and it kept telling me my billing address was wrong - how did you enter yours?
It has this bizarre set up of

Street
Apt/SuiteNo
City
Province ------PostCode

It didnt matter what combination I tried, It would just not accept my address for one card - then it told me the card was declined :angry:

So tried another card, different bank - same thing - address does not match records, and then after about 10 tries, card declined - rang the bank - no record of the transaction and they didnt decline the card I even checked I had the address spot on to match their records ( sometime the village gets missed in favour of the nearest city) ...

My DS will be devastated if we dont get to go here and I really really want to but the tix and Flashpass before we go

Anyone else had trouble with the site , or does it just not like where I live

Please help me stay sane
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 12, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't recall having any problems when putting through my order... which could mean that there is just a problem with the site at the moment.

Alternatively, is there a dropdown (maybe under Province?) where you can say that you live overseas/UK?

When I get a moment (when my boss has left!) I'll try to go part way through the sales process to see where you may have gone wrong.

Alternatively, maybe it is possible to buy over the phone? In which case you would just need to ensure that you still got the $36.99 online entry price rather than the c$61 that you could, in theory, pay on the gate.
Old 7 Jun 12, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

thanks - I will try again later or another day- I did put in UK but the fields stay the same
The bank also said they thought the problem was with the SFMM site

Did you have to print the tix straight away or do they come as a PDF with the confirmation email ?

Cheers
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 12, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
thanks - I will try again later or another day- I did put in UK but the fields stay the same
The bank also said they thought the problem was with the SFMM site

Did you have to print the tix straight away or do they come as a PDF with the confirmation email ?

Cheers
It's not a PDF, it's a link back to their site. The email says:
To print your tickets:
1. Click here to register and print your tickets.
2. Enter the guest name for each ticket listed.
3. Click "Print Ticket"
4. Select the printer you wish to use from the pop up printer dialog box.
5. Verify that your tickets have printed correctly and click "Yes" to continue

I can't recall doing the above... but fairly sure I've already printed them off (maybe at time of booking?)! Will need to check now when I get home... !
Old 7 Jun 12, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Would you need these passes for the month of may or just mainly for peak season
Old 7 Jun 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by madpartyboy View Post
Would you need these passes for the month of may or just mainly for peak season
I did a lot of research on this before buying the flash passes - and the impression I get is that it is busy more often than not. Trouble is that it's relatively cheap to get in - and there always seem to be offers on - so I don't think it's so much a question of do you need one but which one do you need...

I've pushed the boat out in buying the Platinum, but then I'm guarding against there being very large crowds in early August. Maybe it'll turn out that Gold would have been sufficient, but as we might only get there once - ever - then I'd prefer not to take the chance.
Closed Thread