Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 12, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Glad you had a fab time and from your countdown all go for next year it looks.
Always wanted to go to vegas and SF but was waiting till kids are grown up but was reading a trip report of somebodys today and they took kids and seems to of got on fine,you've said they make kids welcome so hopefully in a few years.
If you know the dates for Daytona 500 would you be able to let me know,as cant seem to find the date, thanks Emma.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Ebony
Imagineer

Ebony's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
We did Peepshow last yr which was fun, but we didnt do any this yr, tbh we did that much in the day and it was so hot the kids were worn out so wouldnt have enjoyed the shows much.

We only had one buffet in Vegas this yr and that was a breakfast buffet at South Point, its off the main strip area so was much cheaper $8.99 each but it was really good ,with a excellant choice of food. In previous yrs we've eaten at the Flamingo and always enjoyed it... But i find Buffets quite expensive when there are 4 of us, and the kids have to pay adult prices yet eat very little so not really worth it.
Thanks for answering - DH likes the Breakfast Buffets and as it seems there are so many to Choose from, I thought I would ask you, as you have just come home.
We have now booked Jersey Boys and we will see while we are there, if we fancy any others.
WDW 1998 and once or twice most years since. DW 2005; DLP1993. CRUISES:- Disney- Magic Caribbean 2008/11, Med'10, WBTA 2010/11; Disney Wonder Panama 2013 & 2017] Other Ships - Ncl Jade & Epic; P&O Azura, MSC Divina, Thomson x2, Princess x4,
2019:- Cruises on Hal Statendam April 2wks, DCL Fantasy Sept 2wks. 2020 July-Celebrity Millenium 2wks
Ebony is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Glad you had a fab time and from your countdown all go for next year it looks.
Always wanted to go to vegas and SF but was waiting till kids are grown up but was reading a trip report of somebodys today and they took kids and seems to of got on fine,you've said they make kids welcome so hopefully in a few years.
If you know the dates for Daytona 500 would you be able to let me know,as cant seem to find the date, thanks Emma.
I dont know that is been announced officially yet but its definately on the 24th Feb next yr.

I'm 99% sure we are going back to Phoenix and Vegas next yr one reason being the race tickets for both races cost us $640 in total... for Daytona speedweeks i'm looking at $2100 prehaps a little more.Daytona/Orlando with the racing and parks always costs around 9500 pounds (no pound sign on my lappy) Phoenix and Vegas comes in around 3000 cheaper big difference, and tbh as along as we get to see some racing i'm not overly fussed where we go.

If you take away the gambling from Vegas its really no different to any other city and people dont think twice about taking kids to Boston/New York etc... Ok there's a few vans going up the strip with pics of girls on (but there bits are covered) but you walk along a beach in Tenerife and you'd see more exposed flesh. We was talking to a english man who moved over to Vegas a number of years ago (he owns a sweetshop in one of the outlets) and he says the locals would love a theme park built nr the strip to bring in more families but its finding the funding to do it.
But they are building a huge big wheel near the Luxor, it was started on last week no idea when it will be finished tho.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 03:04 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
Thanks for answering - DH likes the Breakfast Buffets and as it seems there are so many to Choose from, I thought I would ask you, as you have just come home.
We have now booked Jersey Boys and we will see while we are there, if we fancy any others.
Most hotels have buffets but like i said imo they are pricey compared to the ones in Florida, yes the choice / quality is better, but i'd rather eat in Dennys for half the price.

I wouldnt recommend the Excaliber though , we ate there last yr and it was disgusting it was that bad we walked out and went over to Subway at Gameworks.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'll make a start on it next week :-)

Vegas is definately a place he can shop till he drops, what sort of things does he like? My son is into D&C and Fox clothing and he got some real bargains from both the outlets.

Ross dress for less also had trendy clothes at bargain prices.
He is after Hollister & Super Dry. I know there is a Hollister in Vegas but not sure about Super Dry?
Old 18 Mar 12, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
He is after Hollister & Super Dry. I know there is a Hollister in Vegas but not sure about Super Dry?
Ah he is in luck.. a new Superdry store has opened up in the Fashion Show Mall, i think its the only one in Vegas (possibly even America at this point) But having looked in it briefly i thought it was pretty expensive tbh.
Old 18 Mar 12, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
judyjude
VIP Dibber

I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports.
Did you go to the outlet store? if so is it worth a visit. Also what are your recommendations for eating out. Thanks

www.facebook.com/729354090488754

info@saltirevillas.com
judyjude is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

I dont know that is been announced officially yet but its definately on the 24th Feb next yr.

I'm 99% sure we are going back to Phoenix and Vegas next yr one reason being the race tickets for both races cost us $640 in total... for Daytona speedweeks i'm looking at $2100 prehaps a little more.Daytona/Orlando with the racing and parks always costs around 9500 pounds (no pound sign on my lappy) Phoenix and Vegas comes in around 3000 cheaper big difference, and tbh as along as we get to see some racing i'm not overly fussed where we go.

If you take away the gambling from Vegas its really no different to any other city and people dont think twice about taking kids to Boston/New York etc... Ok there's a few vans going up the strip with pics of girls on (but there bits are covered) but you walk along a beach in Tenerife and you'd see more exposed flesh. We was talking to a english man who moved over to Vegas a number of years ago (he owns a sweetshop in one of the outlets) and he says the locals would love a theme park built nr the strip to bring in more families but its finding the funding to do it.
But they are building a huge big wheel near the Luxor, it was started on last week no idea when it will be finished tho.
Thanks for info.
That surprises me being cheaper than Orlando, just thought as further away would be dearer and races would be the same price, will look into going there in a few years time.
Thanks again Emma.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Sound like you had a great time Jackie

thanks for the fb pics, the ones of the Tropicana especially, looks great clean and spacious xxxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 12, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by judyjude View Post
I'm looking forward to reading your trip reports.
Did you go to the outlet store? if so is it worth a visit. Also what are your recommendations for eating out. Thanks
I went to both outlets in Vegas, and yes we like them both, the South one is all undercover very similar to what Belz used to be like, the North one is outdoors, laid out like the Premium Outlets. What sort of things do you like to eat?

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Thanks for info.
That surprises me being cheaper than Orlando, just thought as further away would be dearer and races would be the same price, will look into going there in a few years time.
Thanks again Emma.
Nope Daytona is by far the most expensive race to go to.. We pay $150 each for the 500... Phoenix cost me $190 in total for both days racing for all of us.. Our Phoenix hotel was around $125 per night, equal hotel in Daytona can be anywhere from $250-$400 per night.

Race ticket prices vary between tracks but ISC tracks (Daytona etc rarely have decent discounts) where are the other tracks do.
Closed Thread