Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jul 12, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I am hoping to go to inventions this time
if you have prebooked meal vouchers, half board etc, then you can use these as part payment towards character meals, or some of the restaurants that are not on your list.
the blue lagoon does look nice, but do have a look at the menu, as i remember looking at it before and thinking that theres not much my children would eat maybe. its quite dimly lit in there too. There is a character tea party at the cowboy cookout too which is supposed to be quite good, we have done that before but not at the cowboy cookout.

I would love to do the cinderella meal , but I recently checked out the menu and there wasnt a single thing on it that I would eat! which is a shame its all such fancy food !

walts in nice, but your children aged 5 and 3 would probably enjoy a character meal at inventions or cafe mickey I would think
hth
xx

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 12, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

also, what hotel are you staying in?
as they usually do really lovely eat all you can buffets in the evening which is great after a day at the park, but make sure you prebook when you arrive as they can get very busy after park closes, so if park closes at 7 for example, I would try to eat about 6 in your hotel if its possible to avoid the rush!
we love the buffet at the sequoia lodge! theres so much to choose from and usually a fridge full of mini milk lollies that the children really enjoy helping themselves too! I saw a little boy once and I think he must have had about 15!
x

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 12, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Awwww hahaha at the mini milks!
We are at the cheyanne... we go monday to fri - I planned to get a hotdog for lunch from caseys have a potter about do a few rides if we arent too tired. then back to chuck wagon for dinner. then an early night...
tuesday will be fantasyland and discoveryland. My son wanted to go to pizza planet, but after seeing pics of the... er, food. (if you can call it that) I am really unsure!
Walts is a must I feel... and agrabah cafe sounds delish!

I was hoping to do both lunch and dinner most days. I don't mind forking out, we havent been away for 18 months n this is my first holiday abroad in 5 years too. I is going to be a big treat week! Weve had a utterly pants 2012 so far, need to make up for it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 12, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

p.s me n my kids are quite food snobby lol.
fruits n veg r a must. my daughters fav is duck atm, or a steak in peppercorn sauce lol. Son will eat about anything too. x
Old 1 Jul 12, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

cheyenne is a great hotel
if your son likes pizza then Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost would probably be nicer maybe? Its good that they like fruit and veg , you may have to go to some buffets
you will have such a lovely time
they will love it!
xx

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Old 1 Jul 12, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

then you will like inventions best for character dining as the food is the best of the lot. I admit to being pretty food snobby too haha and all the meat was cooked well and there was some great choice. Lots of seafood too - giant prawns, crab claws, whelks, etc etc. The meat was steak in a sauce, a carvery of beef, game etc. Also lots of salad, fruit, veg and cold stuff. The desserts were also very nice but we were pretty full up by then
Old 1 Jul 12, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBeckie
Earning More Ears

Our favourite place on our recent trip was Earl of Sandwich! Very cheap and very filling.

Loved Annettes too, and Cafe Mickey.

Wouldn't go back to Casey's ever, boyfriend got food poisioning from there which obviously put us off!

Would like to try Blue Lagoon on our next trip.
TinkerBeckie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 12, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

ekkkkkkkk at food poisoning... thats mega pants! I will remember this. I am a self confessed food snob. My friend says to me he is waiting for the day I say I am having egg and chips for dinner lmao! (I don't like egg so he will be waiting along time lol)
I ADORE sea food, and the kids too. Inventions sounds perfect for us! I will reserve a table asap lol.
Annettes sounds fun - the roller skates! Add that to my list.
Tbh, my kids are quite... mature for they age. (I say this as DS is blowing raspberries at his sister... shes just got back from seeing the torch relay) Neways, so I think the blue lagoon will be fine, as some of you mentioned the darkness.
I wanted the lodge hotel, but I got out voted... kids love cowboys.
I will go check out the outpost! Thanks so much for your help! Its getting me so excited... still got to wait till November arghhhh lol xx
Old 1 Jul 12, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

P.S How about plaza gardens?x
Old 1 Jul 12, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

we have had buffets in plaza gardens before and its very nice lots of choice, does get very busy though.

rainforest cafe is great too, in the disney village, my children love it in there! x

DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
Closed Thread