Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jul 12, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Question Help with buying shares

Hi,
I want to buy shares so I can join the shareholders club. I've set up a Halifax account & put £100 into it. I've also went into the dealing part & bourght 20 shares. In the pending deals part of the site it says that the order status is Executed. What do I do now? I can't see anywhere to print proof that I own the shares.

Thank you

Chef Dan.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
You need to print off your contract note which will have the details on - it took me a little searching to find it, but it is there! I did a search on the site and found it that way.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
You need to print off your contract note which will have the details on - it took me a little searching to find it, but it is there! I did a search on the site and found it that way.
Thank you, I found it. Now going to post it off.
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post

You may want to do a web chat and ask them to post you a confirmation of purchase as dlp would not accept my web based printout.
Old 26 Jul 12, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh, they accepted mine okay, I faxed it to them.

My problem was that after 8 weeks my shareholder card hadn't arrived, so I emailed them and eventually got them to agree to send me another one. Still waiting for that one week on, but they did email me a temporary membership card that I was able to print out and use in the Disney Store.

So - I spent £100 on the shares and so far have saved myself £1.28 in Disney Store discounts!

Er - maths was never my strong point!
Silvercat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by brinbunny View Post
You may want to do a web chat and ask them to post you a confirmation of purchase as dlp would not accept my web based printout.
I had the same problem and got this e mail from the shareholders.

We have received your request to become a member of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club.

However, we are not able to proceed to your registration to the Shareholders Club because we are missing information. In order to become a member of the Shareholders Club, we ask you to join to your form a valid proof of your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares possession that should at least include:

- Your name
- The quantity of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares that you hold, and that should meet the Shareholders Club requirement (minimum 5 Euro Disney S.C.A. shares)
- Proof of shares possession written on a labelled letter from the financial institution that holds your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares, or at least validated with a stamp from that institution
- A date (closest possible, less than 3 months)

Please remember that we do not accept Internet copies of bank statement as valid proofs.

The proof we received with your form is an Internet copy.

That is the reason why we cannot proceed to your registration at the moment.

Would you be so kind and send back to our attention a valid and recent proof, so that we can count you soon as a member of the Shareholders Club:

By fax +33 (0)1 64 74 56 36

By mail: Euro Disney S.C.A. - Shareholders Club - BP 100 - 77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4

I purchased my shares thru Halifax and phoned them up and they said they would get their benefits and perks department (think that was the name of the department? ) to send me a letter which I received within a week - sent to the Shareholders Club and got my acceptanace of membership about a week later. I took a photocopy of this letter from Halifax just in case it got lost in the post.

HTH
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
I had the same problem and got this e mail from the shareholders.

We have received your request to become a member of the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club.

However, we are not able to proceed to your registration to the Shareholders Club because we are missing information. In order to become a member of the Shareholders Club, we ask you to join to your form a valid proof of your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares possession that should at least include:

- Your name
- The quantity of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares that you hold, and that should meet the Shareholders Club requirement (minimum 5 Euro Disney S.C.A. shares)
- Proof of shares possession written on a labelled letter from the financial institution that holds your Euro Disney S.C.A. shares, or at least validated with a stamp from that institution
- A date (closest possible, less than 3 months)

Please remember that we do not accept Internet copies of bank statement as valid proofs.

The proof we received with your form is an Internet copy.

That is the reason why we cannot proceed to your registration at the moment.

Would you be so kind and send back to our attention a valid and recent proof, so that we can count you soon as a member of the Shareholders Club:

By fax +33 (0)1 64 74 56 36

By mail: Euro Disney S.C.A. - Shareholders Club - BP 100 - 77777 Marne-la-Vallée Cedex 4

I purchased my shares thru Halifax and phoned them up and they said they would get their benefits and perks department (think that was the name of the department? ) to send me a letter which I received within a week - sent to the Shareholders Club and got my acceptanace of membership about a week later. I took a photocopy of this letter from Halifax just in case it got lost in the post.

HTH
Oh great I have just purchased mine etc, printed form up and shares contract from Halifax, just going to post it when I have read the above posts. Do you know which option I have to press when I phone, I have already phoned them to find out what it was I had to print up as proof, the guy was not very helpful, I had worked it out myself whilst waiting for him to find out.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by snoops View Post
Oh great I have just purchased mine etc, printed form up and shares contract from Halifax, just going to post it when I have read the above posts. Do you know which option I have to press when I phone, I have already phoned them to find out what it was I had to print up as proof, the guy was not very helpful, I had worked it out myself whilst waiting for him to find out.
From memory I think it was the below number I found on Halifax's share dealing part of their website. Not sure which option I hit as I did it several months' ago

For general enquiries and dealing call 08457 225 525

Monday to Friday - 8am to 9.15pm, Saturday - 9am to 1pm
(Closed Sundays and English Bank Holidays)

I was really luckey and got thru to a guy who was really helpful. He said he would send an e mail to the benefits and perks department for the letter - they must have been asked lots of times for the same letter and know what DLP Shareholders need in the letter as it covered all the above criteria. If you don't get someone who is particularly helpful I would be tempted to just put down the phone and re-dial?

I've just checked the actual letter I received with proof of my ownership of the shares and it has the above telephone number on it.

I would post the letter from Halifax with your membership form.

Hope you get thru to someone who can get you the necessary letter! Buying DLP Shars was the best thing I ever did!
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Thanks Ali.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 12, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Originally Posted by aliscrapper View Post
From memory I think it was the below number I found on Halifax's share dealing part of their website. Not sure which option I hit as I did it several months' ago

For general enquiries and dealing call 08457 225 525

Monday to Friday - 8am to 9.15pm, Saturday - 9am to 1pm
(Closed Sundays and English Bank Holidays)

I was really luckey and got thru to a guy who was really helpful. He said he would send an e mail to the benefits and perks department for the letter - they must have been asked lots of times for the same letter and know what DLP Shareholders need in the letter as it covered all the above criteria. If you don't get someone who is particularly helpful I would be tempted to just put down the phone and re-dial?

I've just checked the actual letter I received with proof of my ownership of the shares and it has the above telephone number on it.

I would post the letter from Halifax with your membership form.

Hope you get thru to someone who can get you the necessary letter! Buying DLP Shars was the best thing I ever did!
Just phoned the no Ali suggested and used option 4, got a really nice guy Damien. (not a call centre like other options) Said one would be sent in the post and should receive it in 3 to 5 working days. Oh well better go and unstick the envelope and wait for letter.

Oct 13,Feb 15,
Closed Thread