Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 12, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Love the place.

We went for my dh's 40th and then for mine.

I think we need to start celebrating "half" birthdays now so we can go for his 45th!
Well we are booked for next year and i'll be there for my 39th birthday,every other year i've flown the day after but next year we go the day before and i'm so excited.

And we've also got plans to go back the year after for my 40th probably without the kids though.

Not quite sure what excuse i can use for the year after but i'm sure i'll find something
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post

We are also wanting to go October next year the cheapest hotel i can find is the luxor is this nice? Also is a package holiday the cheapest or flights and accommodation separate?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophie91 View Post
We are also wanting to go October next year the cheapest hotel i can find is the luxor is this nice? Also is a package holiday the cheapest or flights and accommodation separate?
Hi, I went to the Luxor in 2006 and I loved it. In all honesty, unless you need a lot of space, or there's a particular feature of a hotel you want, you could stay anywhere within reason, lol. You really won't be in your room that much

You will probably find doing it yourself cheaper, as a lot of the hotels have promotions on at times.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks ive looked at flight prices alone and its really expensive a package deal looks cheaper! I will keep looking x
Old 26 Sep 12, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Its varies .. I went for a week last yr and booked it seperatly as that was the cheapest way.

For this year we had a package with VH , i booked it in the sale for just alittle more than flight only prices.

Next year i'm having a package again with Funway , VA wanted £720 ish pp (4 of us) for direct flights, Funway got the me the same direct flights + 8 nights in the hotel NY for just £200 more than VA wanted for the flights.

I've also seen good deals on Expedia , you really need to shop around.

Never stopped in the Luxor,was going to this year but we changed our minds.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Its varies .. I went for a week last yr and booked it seperatly as that was the cheapest way.

For this year we had a package with VH , i booked it in the sale for just alittle more than flight only prices.

Next year i'm having a package again with Funway , VA wanted £720 ish pp (4 of us) for direct flights, Funway got the me the same direct flights + 8 nights in the hotel NY for just £200 more than VA wanted for the flights.

I've also seen good deals on Expedia , you really need to shop around.

Never stopped in the Luxor,was going to this year but we changed our minds.
Hi, thanks for the heads up on Funways I have been just pricing them up and they do seem good! Funnily enough, now eldest DS who will be 20 suddenly feels he wants to come away with us. I wonder why He didn't feel so compelled, when we were going to Orlando this year
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 12, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Luxor is fine and of course iconic Vegas. You may hear people say the Tower rooms are better and they are, newer and bigger BUT one of the great Vegas experiences is staying in a Pyramid room and taking the inclinators up to your room. They are a little worn around the ages now and due a refurb but I would always recommend staying in the main building and not the Tower.
Old 27 Sep 12, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the info! How long do people normally stay for we were looking at ten nights but we arnt going anywhere else on the trip just las vegas! x
Old 27 Sep 12, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Thanks for the info! How long do people normally stay for we were looking at ten nights but we arnt going anywhere else on the trip just las vegas! x
Well that's a how long is a piece of string question.

You'll get people who think 3/4 nights is plenty and others who prefer much longer stays in Vegas.

I've had 3 7 night trips and we felt it wasn't long enough, we had 11 days there this year and still could have stayed longer and will have 10 days there next year.

But we have a car and certainly don't spend all our time on the strip.
Old 27 Sep 12, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Go for 10 nights, take your time and chill a bit. The thing is many of us have been there so many times that we know where everything is and can military plan our stay but certainly first time we went (we stayed in the Luxor btw) the 7 nights seemed to go by so quickly.
Closed Thread