Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Feb 13, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Just got back from work .
Thanks for all the tips . Will go and do a bit of research on them all now and see what takes our fancy
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
Try to book Eiffel Tower tickets online before you go or you will queue for ages!

Nice idea. Just found this though
tour-eiffel/en/prepari...r-tickets.html.
Can't book tickets for our day - you can for all the days after our day , but we go home on the 16th so no can do

Found this though that shows the best "tactics" for visiting the tower. independent/travel/...r-2309014.html
Anyone able to confirm they would agree with this approach.

Also , anyone know if you have to pay cash , or can you pay on card ?

Can anyone confirm prices ; the first report suggests 4.20 plus 5.20 to get to the top.(2011 prices) The attached eiffeltowertickets/ I thought at first suggested it was an extra 13.40 just to use the lift to the top , ( on top of the 4.20 already paid) , but beginning to think the 13.40 is the combined price including lift for first and second sections ( 13.40 less 8.20 is 5.20 , so in line with 2011 prices still )?
Just found this - tour-eiffel/en/prepari...onditions.html. would I be right in thinking that pay on day prices are 5.00 stairs to 2nd floor plus 5.50 (14-8.5) for lift to top - so total 10.50 ?
Anyone confirm ?

Thanks

Edited at 07:20 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I think it was about 15 euros each to go to the top from the bottom. Or there abouts. The queues will be massive I'm afraid to say, if I were going to Paris for just 1 day and couldn't book tickets online I honestly wouldn't bother going up, it will take such a long time - most of the day. I personally wouldn't entertain walking up haha. If going for 1 day I would get a boat trip along the seine, you can see lots of sights this way, and then go to the notre dame, there will be a queue for this but it moves so so quickly, we joined it and it was almost the size of the Eiffel Tower queue but we were inside in 15 mins. Then I would go to the champes elisee (not sure if I've spelt that right) and then go up to sacre cour and monmatre and get food up there in the square, that is my all time favourite place in Paris, it's up a hill and the views are much better than from up the Eiffel Tower (I think so anyway). We go to Paris A LOT lol so any questions just ask
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ariel-jools
Apprentice Imagineer

We did the ET in August and queued for four hours - it was absolutely dire. The queue didn't look that big but it barely moved.
We went on the boat trip, which is right next to the ET and was lovely.
We ran out of time to do the Louvre, but will definitely be going next time!
Orlando August 2015 * Florida & East Coast road trip Aug 2014 * Engaged at Disneyland Paris NYE 2013 * Orlando & Miami Aug 2013 * Disneyland Paris Aug 2012 * Disneyland California Dec 2008 * Orlando May 2003 * Orlando May 1995
ariel-jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
tour-eiffel/en/prepari...onditions.html. would I be right in thinking that pay on day prices are 5.00 stairs to 2nd floor plus 5.50 (14-8.5) for lift to top - so total 10.50 ?
Anyone confirm ?
That sounds correct. We've always had combined tickets for a school group, and I think they are around 8 Euros.
We always go around 2pm and the queue to get up to the 3rd floor is always quite long. i tend to head straight to the top, have a look around, and then come down to the 2nd level whivh feels much lower on your return. there are some expensive shops and a cafe on the 2nd level. (5euros for a bottle of water!)
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
PS - even with prebooked tickets, I would say the whole experience takes us at least 3 hours, but we are a large group so we have to wait for everyone to get up and down.
The lifts hold a lot of people but they are quite slow and it's a long wait between each lift coming.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
as above but with the addition of notre dame. I'd suggest using googlemaps to get your bearings regarding transport etc. If you have a smart home mymaps is good for that
Think Kim and Aggie would be better for my not-so-smart home than my maps
Old 3 Feb 13, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

Top tip don't be adventurous and tackle the stairs on the ET ha ha ha I nearly had heart attack getting to 2nd level xx

cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 13, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Open top bus or river boat bus, don't do metro, noting to see underground and Paris is a beautiful city
Old 4 Feb 13, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We dis Paris in a day and decided it best only to go to the middle floor and not the top of ET. It takes long enough as it is! Plus, unless you are feeling fit it is hard going! Lol x
Closed Thread