Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Mar 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jayney16
Serious Dibber

We went to Florida last summer and I can unequivocally say that I was dissapointed with the Magic Kingdom there.
It is not a patch on DLP imo. DLP park is visually stunning, Fantasyland is just amazing in the themeing and the castle and the general way the whole park looks and is set out is just better. Id pay just to go see the stained glass and upstairs of Sleeping Beautys castle alone, not to mention the dragon underneath. The arcades down either side of main street are just lovely and it just feels more like your entering another world. I didnt get that at all in WDW.
Yes the CM's are more friendly and more in your face so to speak in the USA, but we havent met a rude CM in DLP.
The smoking has never bothered us, yes people can push in but they do that in Florida too.
You get rude people and there can be a scrum for characters, but we would never queue here or over the pond to meet characters, and just get a character meal for that.( highly recommend breakfast at Cafe Mickey!) We would never let any rude person(s) be the cause of us having a bad holiday.
The rides are far superior in France too. Pirates is fabulous at DLP, the WDW version fell a little flat to say the least! Big Thunder will also blow your socks off in Paris, the WDW one is very tame in comparison and does not compare. I even preffer TOT in France the one in Florida, whilst maybe having a better introduction it again felt tame to me as did RNR to be honest.
Crushs Coaster Cinemagique and Animagique are fabulous and Florida's version is only better because it offers more rides etc. But Paris are working on fixing that in their defence , cant wait for Ratatouille next year.
The biggest problem is; a trip to DLP is a break, Florida is a holiday of 2 weeks, with more than WDW to offer and in that at sense you cant compare the 2. But for Disney magic alone, Paris wins every time! Just make sure you hit the big rides early, slow down and enjoy the ambiance in the afternoon, use Fast Pass and get to Crush's coaster as soon as the park opens! We never queued for more than 30 mins at the height of summer in Paris or Florida. The parade in Paris is amazing compared to the WDW one too, made me cry! Ill be a blubbing wreck when I see the newer version this summer!
WDW International Drive long time ago! DLP Explorers 2004 DLP Davy C's 2010 WDW Beach Club/Hard Rock 2012 DLP Santa Fe 2014 DLP Sequoia Lodge GF 2015 WDW CBR 2016 Planning Port Orleans 2017 (and taking mum!)
Jayney16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 13, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
shellbdb
Excited about Disney

We haven't been to WDW (yet) but love DLP, we have been twice and are planning our 3rd trip. Like any theme parks it has areas for attention but the park is constantly being updated and has had a lot done to it to prepare for the 20th anniversary celebrations the last couple of years. I personally have had no gripes about the CM's and had no problems with people smoking (I have had more occurences of this in UK attractions) and yes we did have a couple of people not waiting their turn but be firm and stand your ground and you will have no problem.
DLP is a magical place, the castle is stunning, the little details throughout the parks are lovely, great rides and anyone who has a true love of Disney would enjoy their holiday there.
Back to the magic November 2017
shellbdb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

We love it!
We have been about 13 times and its lovely for an affordable little disney fix
yes, there are people that smoke etc, but it doesnt deter us from going,
we love Disney so much!
It is no where near as big or on the same scale as Florida, so as long as you go along with a view that it is just 2 parks and some shops, all within walking distance, I am pretty sure that you would all love it!
hth
jo

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 13, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
cupcakefairy
Imagineer

I've just come back and although it was nice I prefer WDW. The prices are similar for food etc but just we just prefer the American way sorry guys. I think the parades and fireworks are better in WDW and of course the weather ha ha still had a fab time of course xx
cupcakefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 13, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
welovemushu
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jayney16 View Post
We went to Florida last summer and I can unequivocally say that I was dissapointed with the Magic Kingdom there.
It is not a patch on DLP imo. DLP park is visually stunning, Fantasyland is just amazing in the themeing and the castle and the general way the whole park looks and is set out is just better. Id pay just to go see the stained glass and upstairs of Sleeping Beautys castle alone, not to mention the dragon underneath. The arcades down either side of main street are just lovely and it just feels more like your entering another world. I didnt get that at all in WDW.
Yes the CM's are more friendly and more in your face so to speak in the USA, but we havent met a rude CM in DLP.
The smoking has never bothered us, yes people can push in but they do that in Florida too.
You get rude people and there can be a scrum for characters, but we would never queue here or over the pond to meet characters, and just get a character meal for that.( highly recommend breakfast at Cafe Mickey!) We would never let any rude person(s) be the cause of us having a bad holiday.
The rides are far superior in France too. Pirates is fabulous at DLP, the WDW version fell a little flat to say the least! Big Thunder will also blow your socks off in Paris, the WDW one is very tame in comparison and does not compare. I even preffer TOT in France the one in Florida, whilst maybe having a better introduction it again felt tame to me as did RNR to be honest.
Crushs Coaster Cinemagique and Animagique are fabulous and Florida's version is only better because it offers more rides etc. But Paris are working on fixing that in their defence , cant wait for Ratatouille next year.
The biggest problem is; a trip to DLP is a break, Florida is a holiday of 2 weeks, with more than WDW to offer and in that at sense you cant compare the 2. But for Disney magic alone, Paris wins every time! Just make sure you hit the big rides early, slow down and enjoy the ambiance in the afternoon, use Fast Pass and get to Crush's coaster as soon as the park opens! We never queued for more than 30 mins at the height of summer in Paris or Florida. The parade in Paris is amazing compared to the WDW one too, made me cry! Ill be a blubbing wreck when I see the newer version this summer!
I second all of this, we've just had our first trip to WDW after 6 to DLP.
We love both, but agree that you cannot compare the two - the way we feel is that they are sisters - WDW is the big sis, larger than life, way more worldly wise, while Paris is the cute, little sister that squeezes you up and brings out your inner pixie! For Disney 'magic' it's Paris for us, for the spectacular impact, it's Florida.
HTH

Jan
welovemushu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 13, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jayney16
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by welovemushu View Post
I second all of this, we've just had our first trip to WDW after 6 to DLP.
We love both, but agree that you cannot compare the two - the way we feel is that they are sisters - WDW is the big sis, larger than life, way more worldly wise, while Paris is the cute, little sister that squeezes you up and brings out your inner pixie! For Disney 'magic' it's Paris for us, for the spectacular impact, it's Florida.
HTH

Jan
Love this! hits the nail on the head so to speak
WDW International Drive long time ago! DLP Explorers 2004 DLP Davy C's 2010 WDW Beach Club/Hard Rock 2012 DLP Santa Fe 2014 DLP Sequoia Lodge GF 2015 WDW CBR 2016 Planning Port Orleans 2017 (and taking mum!)
Jayney16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lauz
Imagineer

I went in feb with the other half for the first time. We had previously been to Orlando twice. I went with fairly low expectations to be honest, as i had read and heard a lot of negative things. Although i had heard good stuff too, for some reason i just thought it would be a bit rubbish. In the end i went expecting it not to be like Florida, but disney done the european way. We had a fantastic time (not just because we got engaged whilst there!) It really is a great place and many of the headliner rides are better than the Orlando versions. Don't go expecting it to be like Florida and you won't be disappointed.
lauz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 13, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread