Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 10 May 13, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Never been but 1 day in DLP!

Hi all!

Never been to DLP - only WDW but since we're not going there this year we've managed to sneak in some disney if only very briefly!

We're going with my BIL, SIL and our Nephew who will turn 3 on the day we go - they wanted to take him to the zoo which was horrendouly expensive so looking at it we realised we could disney on a budget so here we are.

Our plan is:
  • Up & out early to get the eurotunnel from folkestone (thinking 6.30am roughly departure? Tickets through clubcard vouchers)
  • arrive at the studios park first for the morning (we're getting the 20th anniversary 2 park 1 day bargain tickets
  • disney village for Earl for lunch and a break
  • afternoon/evening in the disneyland park so we can see the night show
  • We have a 1 bed apartment booked at the adagio val d'europe for a bargain £75 so we're all going to bunk in there
  • Thinking breakfast at disney village and a proper look around there in the shops etc before heading back to calais for the eurotunnel home that afternoon

I know obviously with one day we're limited to how much we can see but what should we absolutely not miss and what can we leave til another time. I'm especially interested in what to do with our nephew, he can be a bit nervy but loves disney junior so I just discovered they have that live - is it in English?

Also on the babyswap - would they let the 4 of us do this, ie 2 people ride while 2 wait with him and then swap save us queing twice over for everything while he gets bored?

Lastly, we're going on Monday 24th June - what do we think crowds wise? I can't find a crowd guide anywhere for DLP?

Sorry for all the questions - complete DLP newbie alert!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
One suggestion - you could do breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel rather than the Village. It is 14 Euros per person and you get a great buffet.

Anyone can eat there even if not staying onsite.

It is not a character meal but there are characters outside the entrance to the restaurant, so you can meet them before and after your meal.

That would squeeze a little more magic in without needing a park ticket.

Or there is Cafe Mickey which is a character breakfast. More expensive and the food is not as good, but excellent character interaction.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
One suggestion - you could do breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel rather than the Village. It is 14 Euros per person and you get a great buffet.

Anyone can eat there even if not staying onsite.

It is not a character meal but there are characters outside the entrance to the restaurant, so you can meet them before and after your meal.

That would squeeze a little more magic in without needing a park ticket.

Or there is Cafe Mickey which is a character breakfast. More expensive and the food is not as good, but excellent character interaction.
Would we need to prebook the DLH breakfast do you think? I was thinking chef mickeys but I am convinced DN is going to be one of those children who cry their eyes out at a huge mickey mouse haha so until we know for sure whether he's ok with them I didn't want to book anything
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marmite04
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

we took my granddaughter who is 2 years 9 months 2 weeks ago. we thought like you she would cry her eyes out at a 6ft mouse, but she absolutely loved it at café mickeys. even went running for big cuddles when she saw Minnie and mickey. really shocked us.
ride wise we took her on dumbo, carousal, its a small world (many times), in studios, we did the Disney live which if you check the times it tells you when the English show is, she also loved animagique, although did get a little clingy during the dark bits and when they waved the fish around over our heads
the parade is a must. my granddaughter whooped and hollered with glee the whole way through

hope this helps a little have fun with your nephew, its the best holiday iv ever had just seeing her face when she saw everything
Old 10 May 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
You can't prebook the DLH. Just turn up and tell them you want to have breakfast there.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
Up & out early to get the eurotunnel from folkestone (thinking 6.30am roughly departure? Tickets through clubcard vouchers)
Approx 30 mins through the tunnel, then approx 3 hours to Disneyland Paris.
So you'd be arriving approx 10am

arrive at the studios park first for the morning (we're getting the 20th anniversary 2 park 1 day bargain tickets
Personal opinion, but I'd do Disneyland Park before I do the Studios, as otherwise many of the popular FP for things like Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear etc may not be available or may give you a return time for much later in the day.

Given youve only got one day, FP is your friend!

disney village for Earl for lunch and a break
Great idea, but, as suggestion...

Earl is right at the far end of Disney Village. Its still only approx 10-15 minutes from the park gates, but as an alternative eating option a little nearer, why not try Annette's Diner which is at the park end of the village?

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Anne...ner-p-935.html

GREAT Burgers!

afternoon/evening in the disneyland park so we can see the night show
You can always head back in to Disneyland Park to see Dreams later. Walt Disney Studios closes earlier than Disneyland Park.

We have a 1 bed apartment booked at the adagio val d'europe for a bargain £75 so we're all going to bunk in there
Nice

Thinking breakfast at disney village and a proper look around there in the shops etc before heading back to calais for the eurotunnel home that afternoon
As Gill and others suggests, maybe a character breakie at either Cafe Mickey or Inventions at Disneyland Hotel?

what should we absolutely not miss?
THRILLS
Big Thunder Mountain (best Disney has)
Space Mountain (best Disney has, very different to any of the others)
Crush's Coaster (if you can get on. Typically long lines unlss you are there 1st thing and theres no FP)

UNIQUE TO DLP
Cinemagique
Animagique

NIGHTIME FUN!
Dreams if you can get to see it is magnificent. Dont forget your Glow With The Show ears!

he can be a bit nervy but loves disney junior so I just discovered they have that live - is it in English?
It is shown in various langauges during the day - check the show times.

Latest show times here. This link updates automatically as DLP release their new guide, approx every 2 weeks.
news.disneylandparis/UK...AndParades.pdf

Be aware that DLP havent yet updated their Disney Junior show to doesnt feature any of the more recent charcters such as Jake & The Pirates.

Also on the babyswap - would they let the 4 of us do this, ie 2 people ride while 2 wait with him and then swap save us queing twice over for everything while he gets bored?
Mmm. Not sure. We have no experience of this, but general rules on this officially state ONE adult waits and then swaps with ONE other adult.

Can others advise please?

Lastly, we're going on Monday 24th June - what do we think crowds wise? I can't find a crowd guide anywhere for DLP?
No holidays for any of our surrounding Euro friends that I know of on that Monday so you shouldnt be too bad. Just be aware that people often grab a long weekend, so occasionally Monday traffic can still be a little busy. Normally thins out gone lunchtime though.

Enjoy!
Old 10 May 13, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm currently completing our trip report on Paris itself - our last day was a full day at DLP so look out for the link sometime tonight or tomorrow (11/5)

Edited at 07:22 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Is that taking into account the 1 hour + for France Jameluk.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
D4ni3ll3-8
Imagineer

D4ni3ll3-8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It might be a bit intense but it shouldn't be too bad. Make the most of fast pass!

Danielle x
D4ni3ll3-8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 13, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Our dear jellybean will not miss an opportunity for earl - but soph the burgers at Annette's are amazing

You have to see the castle first...just sayin. I think Ronnie would enjoy Peter Pan etc and they will be a nightmare to get into in the afternoon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread