Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Jan 14, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
We are off in July ( Norwegian air )
1 night Bakersfield
4 nights San Francisco
2 nights Yosemite
4 nights San Diego
3 LA
Really looking forward to it :-)
Ah a great looking itinerary! It's our first time to san diego so look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get back!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are doing a full 14 nights in Disney flying club world with BA staying at grand Californian. Just found out thought that soarin, space mountain & Indiana jones are being refurbed whilst we are there . Oh well it may force us to take a trip to a nearby beach... anyone have any recommendations for a day trip please
Old 1 Jan 14, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
We are doing a full 14 nights in Disney flying club world with BA staying at grand Californian. Just found out thought that soarin, space mountain & Indiana jones are being refurbed whilst we are there . Oh well it may force us to take a trip to a nearby beach... anyone have any recommendations for a day trip please
just realised I have missed my ddd
Old 1 Jan 14, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Happy New Year!
We are going in August (me, DH, DD12 and DD14) flying into LAX and home from Las Vegas with Virgin.
Itinerary:
1 night LAX (Hilton)
5 nights San Diego (Homewood Suites San Diego Del Mar)
6 nights Anaheim (Howard Johnson)
4 nights Springdale, Zion NP (Cable Mountain Lodge)
1 night Grand Canyon Lodge, North Rim
2 nights Las Vegas (Signature at MGM Grand)

Althought I have booked flights and hotels I have done no other planning so have lots to do!
We are all very excited
Old 1 Jan 14, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggernut
Imagineer

Not really a California holiday but I don't know where else to put our trip and it does include Vegas...

Flying to Boston on 3rd August the on to Salt Lake City the following morning. Driving down for 3 or 4 nights in Vegas then a road trip around the national parks of Colorado and Utah and flying home from SLC to Heathrow via JFK on 21st August. Nothing booked yet except the flights but DH and I are working on our itinerary today!
1992(Honeymoon)&1993 Quality Inn International; 1995, 1997, 2006 and 2009 West Coast; 1996 & 1999 Comfort Inn LBV; 2004 Indian Ridge; 2005 & 2011 Regal Palms; 2007 & 2010 The Manors at West Haven; 2008 Sunridge Woods; 2012 Boston and New York 2013 Sandy Ridge 2014 Colorado/Utah/Vegas 2015 Manors North at West Haven 2016 LV/SF/YOSEMITE 2017 Canada 2017 Indian Ridge Oaks
Tiggernut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 14, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ado
Excited about Disney

Ado's Reviews
Happy New Year everyone!

We're off in 2014 too! So excited!

Our plan is:
Tues 24 June, fly from Dublin to New York (via Paris, so we take an A380). 3 nights in NY.

Fri 27 June, take the overnight Amtrak Lake Shore train to Chicago, arriving on on Sat morning. Two nights with friends in Chicago.

Monday 30 June, take the Amtrak Californian Zephyr the whole way cross-country to San Francisco (it's 52 hours!)

Wed 2 July, arrive in San Francisco - still to book a cheap hotel night somewhere, as it's just a place to get a good night's sleep. Might stay out near the airport, as we'll be hiring a car. It's just to really get a good night's sleep after spending two nights in a reclining seat on Amtrak!

Thurs 3 July, up early and drive to Yosemite, staying in the Housekeeping Camp for one night (only night available).

Friday 4 July - drive to South Lake Tahoe and stay 2 nights (we think). We've booked some cheap motor inn, but we got one that we're able to cancel. 4th July is meant to be outstanding on South Lake Tahoe..so we'll see!

Plan from here on is roughly (with no dates decided on yet!) -
Las Vegas for a night or two
Grand Canyon for a night or two

We have a house swap organised near Malibu, so we might go straight there after Grand Canyon, arriving on or about the 11 July (depending on what we do) or else go via San Diego, then drive up to Malibu.

Not leaving our house till 29 July, so from our house we plan to do Universal, either Knott's Berry Farm or Six Flags, San Diego and Legoland, Santa Monica, and that sort of stuff. Also, going to head up to San Francisco (from our house swap) and do a few days there.

The last time we were any length in Southern California was 2010 we drove from SF to LA via Highway 1, and then had three weeks in a house swap in Orange County, so we did a huge amount around LA then. At least now we know what we really want to do again!

Sooooooooo looking forward to it!
Ado is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 14, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Thumbs up

Here!
Spent yesterday in DCA. Thanks to the unofficial guide's clip out plans we got through everything! Cars radiator springs racers was the best! Did us in half a day on Monday too. Going up to LA today to see the sights ... When everyone else wakes up. It's 8 am on New Year's Day so happy we year!
We are in anaheim for the first time and really rather love the more chilled vibe out here in the west.
Spent a fab day with my 9yo dd riding the San Diego trolley tour while the boys went to a nail biting chargers game on Sunday. V friendly out here. Feels more of a purposeful place than Orlando as it exists very much outside of tourism alone. Obvs still love WDW but it just feels more 'American' here, if that makes sense?
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 14, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by KFJames View Post
just realised I have missed my ddd
Had a fab day trip to San Diego from Anaheim. Highly recommend startng in old town where you can park for free then heading for the brilliant old town trolley car tour. You can hop on and off at will and awesome great places. Worth looking into, certainly.
DL SanFrancisco to Anaheim Discovery Aug '23 ; WDW Emerald Isle/Florida Keys Dec'18/Jan'19; Dolphin, NYE 2015 DL HROC - 2013-14 Anaheim/LA/San Diego Tokyo Tokyo Disney Sea -April 2013 WDW - Tuscan Villa, GrandFlo & POFQ - Christmas 2012 WDW - Westridge, DCL Magic, ASMu 2011 DLRP - all the hotels (APHs 2007-2011) DLRP SF - March 2006 - DLRP DCR - August 2005 WDW Kissimmee - June 1984
kcsunshine73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 14, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kcsunshine73
Imagineer

kcsunshine73's Reviews
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Ah a great looking itinerary! It's our first time to san diego so look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get back!
San Diego is utterly charming - I love it. Spent a day and could happily spend three or four.
Old 1 Jan 14, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm off to SF for two weeks in March on business, and hoping to get to Vegas in April for DW's 40th.
Closed Thread