Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 14, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
Sadly the simple answer Heather is because we keep paying it.
We pay it because we have no choice - they give us no choice whether you use the facilities or not.

The choice I do have is whether to stay at the properties that charge this fee or not.

While we keep paying it they will keep charging it which is why I am looking for alternatives.

I now count the resort fee as part of the cost and when you are going for 10 nights that soon adds up so a reasonable price soon becomes unreasonable!

I again say there is no justification for the charges no matter what anyone tries to say!
Old 3 May 14, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

My feeling on the rise of the resort fee is well known...but the only way the hotels get away with it is because we keep paying it. If we didn't, and they had empty hotels, I think they'd retract, don't you?

To be honest, the list of hotels not charging resort fees on the Las Vegas Strip is now pitifully small, I'm afraid.
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Diamonddog2801 View Post
My feeling on the rise of the resort fee is well known...but the only way the hotels get away with it is because we keep paying it. If we didn't, and they had empty hotels, I think they'd retract, don't you?

To be honest, the list of hotels not charging resort fees on the Las Vegas Strip is now pitifully small, I'm afraid.
They may be small but they are there, if I end up booking an alternative to the Signature suites then I will send them an e-mail saying why.

I appreciate this is very unlikely to make a jot of difference but I'll feel better!
Old 3 May 14, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Diamonddog2801
Imagineer

If it makes you happy, it makes me happy too!
Diamonddog2801 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks everyone for your replies, very interesting reading and a lot of food for thought there

The hotels I think I would be interested in are:- TheHotel (again) but I think this will now be well over our price range, NYNY, MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood, although I worry about this hotel being a bit too young and hip for me lol, I have also thought about either the Monte Carlo or Paris, and perhaps tropicana and mirage, so plenty to look at and make a final decision about.
Regarding price I have no idea what we are looking at. What I think is a good rate I have been told NO, you will get this so much cheaper lol
We are hoping to go 6th march for six or seven nights, so any suggestions on what I'm likely to get for price would be appreciated, thanks
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Heather1957 View Post
I have to admit I am becoming quite rebellious regarding this 'resort' fee business which I think is bordering on criminal (yes I know a tad OTT ) I just don't understand how they can force you to pay for something you may never use or want and when it is between $25 - $28 a room a night it can soon add up!

This is one of the reasons we are now looking for alternatives to the Signature suites ($25 a night) we do have a few places in mind.

I really can't see how the hotels can justify this charge in the first place! :angry:
I agree about the resort fee, its ridiculous imo... and i can't understand why it varies so much, South Point charged me $12 per night (i think its $14 now) Flamingo charged me $20 per night, and when you stay as long as we do it soon adds up.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies, very interesting reading and a lot of food for thought there

The hotels I think I would be interested in are:- TheHotel (again) but I think this will now be well over our price range, NYNY, MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood, although I worry about this hotel being a bit too young and hip for me lol, I have also thought about either the Monte Carlo or Paris, and perhaps tropicana and mirage, so plenty to look at and make a final decision about.
Regarding price I have no idea what we are looking at. What I think is a good rate I have been told NO, you will get this so much cheaper lol
We are hoping to go 6th march for six or seven nights, so any suggestions on what I'm likely to get for price would be appreciated, thanks

We i wouldn't say we are hip and trendy, i'm 40, DH is 46 and with 2 kids , but we didn't feel out of place in Planet Hollywood.

Tbh we spend very little time there anyway, we literally just sleep there, we didn't use the pool because it was early March and not open but i've heard its abit boring compared to many Vegas pools.

As for price well its a piece of string.. the prices a few months before you go are nothing like what they are now.. From when i've looked the last 4 years they start to drop about 6 months prior.

I think last year we paid $45 per night for Planet Hollywood for the 4 of us (beginning of March) using a link DiamongDog posted around the previous September.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post

What's your budget per night?

We've always travelled in off peak (for Vegas! ) in August, and I've usually paid $100 or less per night. The only exception to that was, I think, THEHotel and I think that was $109/night BUT included $150 credit for our stay.
Old 3 May 14, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Budget wise well I kinda thought for the six nights around £450 ish if that's possible in the ones I have listed, that's really why I asked as I haven't any idea how much to expect to pay
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddie47
Excited about Disney

We have stayed at the Luxor, New York New York, bellagio, the cosmopolitan - had no complaints about any hotel

Depending on your budget I loved the bellagio and Cosmo - we now prefer been in the middle of the strip in July.

Planet hollywood is a good location and when we visited there last July we didn't feel out of place and we are 41

Enjoy planning - we have just booked the Cosmo again today for our visit in July

Sharon
Maddie47 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread