Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 14, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh dear! That's why I wrote what I wrote - it's irrelevant comparing prices in Vegas. It's wholly seasonal!
Yep.. i see rates for the early part of that week for around $45 per night then it can triple for the 3/4 nights over the NASCAR period.

This year it also coincided with a major convention and prices on the strip were stupid all week which was a big factor in us going to South Point for the week.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

We have been to vegas twice so far, stayed at the MGM grand the first time then the Cosmo the second time, and are booked to stay in the Palazzo in August

I find, although you explore the strip as you wish, you tend to stay relatively close to the hotel you are staying in. Hence, us choosing south, mid then north of the strip for our trips

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Angel1979
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
We love the Aria x I know it sounds silly, but we loved opening the curtains electronically! We wake up so early, usually before a lot of the places we want to go are open, so do spend probably more time than most in our room x we are going back next month x eek! ANC are staying in the Aria again. We loved the location and the beds are so comfy x x x

Quality Inn, May 2009, Quality Inn & Caribbean Beach, Oct 2010, Quality Inn/Rosen & POFQ, Sept 2012, Aria, Las Vegas, Sept 2013, Aria, Las Vegas, June 2014, Costa Dorado, Sept 2014, Rosen Inn, PO and Coronado Springs, Nov 2015 Vegas 2016, Florida 2017!
Angel1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 14, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Angel1979 View Post
We love the Aria x I know it sounds silly, but we loved opening the curtains electronically! We wake up so early, usually before a lot of the places we want to go are open, so do spend probably more time than most in our room x we are going back next month x eek! ANC are staying in the Aria again. We loved the location and the beds are so comfy x x x
I think all of the hotels we've stayed in, in Vegas, had that facility!

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Yep.. i see rates for the early part of that week for around $45 per night then it can triple for the 3/4 nights over the NASCAR period.

This year it also coincided with a major convention and prices on the strip were stupid all week which was a big factor in us going to South Point for the week.
Oh dear - loves holidays - can you change dates?
Old 4 May 14, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think all of the hotels we've stayed in, in Vegas, had that facility!

Oh dear - loves holidays - can you change dates?
We can change dates as flights are not booked yet, what are the NASCAR dates then? We can't do the first four days in march and we have got to be back before the 19th so we can do any dates I guess between 5th to say 17th. How do you find out if any convention is on please? Thanks
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 14, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
We can change dates as flights are not booked yet, what are the NASCAR dates then? We can't do the first four days in march and we have got to be back before the 19th so we can do any dates I guess between 5th to say 17th. How do you find out if any convention is on please? Thanks
The actual nascar races are sat 6th & sun 7th March but the fans start arriving from the Wednesday as thats age events start to happen on the strip .

For conventions there is a website for the Las Vegas convention center and I would guess one for the Mandalay bay convention center .
The big convention that clashed with nascar this year definitely won't be on as it only happens once every 3 years or so .

But as I said on another post I go for nascar every year and I still find good deals .

March is a busy month though you get nascar , monster jam world finals , spring break etc there always seems to be something on .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 14, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sally42
Imagineer

We've been 3 times and stayed at -
The Venetian. Lovely hotel. Didn't use the pool so can't comment.

MGM. Our least favourite. Just something about it which I can't put my finger on.

Paris. Really liked this hotel. We took all our family of 7 adults and 3 babies.

We are going in August and have booked The Flamingo, but are still looking for 2 more nights accommodation at the end of the holiday before flying home.
We don't know whether to pick high end or budget.
We could stay at The Stratosphere for less than £100 for the 2 nights, and the rooms look perfectly acceptable. Or do we splash out on The Bellagio?

Decisions Decisions!
Sally42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 14, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
The actual nascar races are sat 6th & sun 7th March but the fans start arriving from the Wednesday as thats age events start to happen on the strip .

For conventions there is a website for the Las Vegas convention center and I would guess one for the Mandalay bay convention center .
The big convention that clashed with nascar this year definitely won't be on as it only happens once every 3 years or so .

But as I said on another post I go for nascar every year and I still find good deals .

March is a busy month though you get nascar , monster jam world finals , spring break etc there always seems to be something on .
Thank you so much for your reply, I will have a look on the convention website, however I think we are pretty much sure we are gonna be tied to those dates.
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
k4ti3-x
Apprentice Imagineer

k4ti3-x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great thread we are trying to pick our hotel for Vegas but can't narrow it down! The Palazzo, Signature Suites or Aria are our options and we can't decide between the two of us!
k4ti3-x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 14, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sally42 View Post
We've been 3 times and stayed at -
The Venetian. Lovely hotel. Didn't use the pool so can't comment.

MGM. Our least favourite. Just something about it which I can't put my finger on.

Paris. Really liked this hotel. We took all our family of 7 adults and 3 babies.

We are going in August and have booked The Flamingo, but are still looking for 2 more nights accommodation at the end of the holiday before flying home.
We don't know whether to pick high end or budget.
We could stay at The Stratosphere for less than £100 for the 2 nights, and the rooms look perfectly acceptable. Or do we splash out on The Bellagio?

Decisions Decisions!
Sally I respect the fact that people like to splash out on the expensive hotels in Vegas but not us.

From experience I have found that the hotel rooms are quite similar although you may get the few touches of luxury in more expensive ones but you do pay for it.

I'd rather go middle of the road and use any savings for the slots!