Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Jul 16, 03:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disneywiseowl View Post
We were there 1st week in July. Saw Lots of huge groups but didn't 'impact' on us. Guessing there are more there now. Don't you think they're a bit surreal though? The way they are all colour coded, travel round in army formations, using exactly the same body movements & speak to no-one. It's like they're an alien Lego army, on a scouting mission, trying to blend in with the natives.
Yes, they are quite a sight !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 16, 03:33 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Today we went to IoA and did the new Kong ride. We also did some shopping and ate at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville.

It was our last full day and a bit of a disaster from start to finish

Highs

It was hot. That's about it . And my cocktails were nice. And I needed them

Lows

Mobile phone was lost, gaming headphones were broken, 0545 start to get to park for 0700 early entry to then queue for 45 minutes until 8am for Kong to open. Cue a Grumpy family . Last day blues setting in

Today's cocktails ( plural) were Bahama Mama And a Liberation
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Day 1 - travel day

Breakfast at local cafe- dd and I had cooked breakfast and fb and ds had bacon sandwiches.

Train to London King cross
Train- King cross to gatwick

Easy check in at premier inn
Took kids down to costa for a drink

Had meal in hotel restaurant - good value.
Me- tomato and mozzarella salad to start and hunters chicken for main
Dh- mushrooms to start and mixed grill for main
Ds- ribs and sweet corn to start and burger for main (kids menu)
Dd- breadsticks to start and pizza for main

Paid £12.50 as we had bought the meal deal

Went to bed- I couldn't keep my eyes open. Dh and kids watched Spider-Man.

Highs- good value meal

Low- none really- all very smooth

Edited at 01:04 PM.
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Thank you to everyone who is keeping this going
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Day 2 travel day
to Toronto

Woke about 7:30Gatwick
Went to have breakfast. Good choice available.

Packed up and checked out. Transferred to the north terminal. Bag drop was easy but the flight was delayed 1 and a half hours :-(

Dd and I did some shopping in the airport. Dd purchased a bomber jacket from Zara and I got a new jumper for £8 and some trousers.

Eventually got called to gate. We were flying with air transat so this was a new experience for us.
Movie choice was excellent. I watched Eddie the eagle, lady in the van and 10 clover field lane ( an hour and a half which we will never get back).

Food was ok- choice of hot sandwich, then a slice of pizza. 1 alcoholic drink with meal and several top ups of soft drink.

Unfortunately we were sat in front of and behind 2 families with babies that didn't settle for the full journey. Now I've been there having 2 children but the attitude of the woman in front irritated me. I heard her telling her husband he was too busy thinking about other people. Both reclined for the full journey, including meal service and even even she's was walking up and down the plane. I think she may have stepped on my foot at least 5 or 6 times- no apology. Anyway rant over!

Smooth process through immigration.

Caught UP train to Toronto- very clean and comfortable.

We have rented an air B and B apt and the owner met us and took us to the lovely apt.

Went for a walk in the water front- managed to wade our way through the masses on Pokemon go!
Bought a bite to eat and some things for breakfast and went back to the apt.

Apartment block

Edited at 12:36 PM.
lottiesmum0 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Day 3- Toronto
Massive thunderstorms early in the morning.
Dd really wanted to go for a Swim so we used the indoor pool.

After the swim, we went for our booking at the 360 restaurant in the Cn tower. This was amazing.

Had a bit of a mooch about and then went to the baseball- blue jays won!

Highs- meal in the 360 restaurant
Lows- some teenage strops from dad 😡

Edited at 01:30 PM.
Old 26 Jul 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Day 2 travel day
to Toronto

Woke about 7:30Gatwick
Went to have breakfast. Good choice available.

Packed up and checked out. Transferred to the north terminal. Bag drop was easy but the flight was delayed 1 and a half hours :-(

Dd and I did some shopping in the airport. Dd purchased a bomber jacket from Zara and I got a new jumper for £8 and some trousers.

Eventually got called to gate. We were flying with air transat so this was a new experience for us.
Movie choice was excellent. I watched Eddie the eagle, lady in the van and 10 clover field lane ( an hour and a half which we will never get back).

Food was ok- choice of hot sandwich, then a slice of pizza. 1 alcoholic drink with meal and several top ups of soft drink.

Unfortunately we were sat in front of and behind 2 families with babies that didn't settle for the full journey. Now I've been there having 2 children but the attitude of the woman in front irritated me. I heard her telling her husband he was too busy thinking about other people. Both reclined for the full journey, including meal service and even even she's was walking up and down the plane. I think she may have stepped on my foot at least 5 or 6 times- no apology. Anyway rant over!

Smooth process through immigration.

Caught UP train to Toronto- very clean and comfortable.

We have rented an air B and B apt and the owner met us and took us to the lovely apt.

Went for a walk in the water front- managed to wade our way through the masses on Pokemon go!
Bought a bite to eat and some things for breakfast and went back to the apt.

Apartment block

Thank you for sharing. When I last went to Toronto we were invited to a party to celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of the C.N tower opening...it was quite a few years ago!
BucksBugsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Thank you for sharing. When I last went to Toronto we were invited to a party to celebrate the 2nd Anniversary of the C.N tower opening...it was quite a few years ago!
Wow- that would have been amazing! Thanks for commenting- I was beginning to think I was a thread killer! I did think though it would be s nice record for myself to post this daily update!
Old 26 Jul 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Some great highs and not so many lows from everyone ( thank goodness ) some lovely photographs too, enjoying reading
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Wow- that would have been amazing! Thanks for commenting- I was beginning to think I was a thread killer! I did think though it would be s nice record for myself to post this daily update!
Sorry for the lack of appreciation of updates from me - real life (and really bad sunburn *) has got in the way.

* sympathy optional but not expected.

All updates are appreciated.

I remember the CN tower well - I wasn't the best for heights so the lifts - which from memory faced out - didn't get a thumbs up from me. I do remember there used to be an observation window in the centre of the floor where you could look directly down... not my idea of fun! The sign of sun going down from the observation deck was a definite plus as was seeing the spray from Niagara Falls in the distance on the other side of the lake.

You have brought back some very happy memories - thank you.