Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Aug 16, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

How does Disneyland Paris compare (cancelled due to zika)

I know it's going to be nowhere near as good but just asked my little girl where to go on holiday and she said Disney was going to do canaries but I feel like we should do something Disney. I know she's only 2.9 but I feel so bad we had to cancel (as I'm pregnant)

We have never done either so thankfully nothing to compare too but it's blooming expensive for a few nights (compared to what we were paying for USA)

Is it worth it?
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We have just got back and HD a lovely time. If your DD has never been to WDW I'm sure she would absolutely love it.
There are ways to make it cheaper by staying offsite and getting the train to the park, but if you can stay at the Cheyenne it's pretty impressive. (the rooms are pretty ordinary but the hotel itself looks amazing). Plus we met Chip n Dale & Goofy every night outside the hotel.

Is your DD a frozen fan? They have a cute Frozen show and all children who arrived in Princess costumes (most in Anna & Elsa,), where shown to the Royal box. I thought it was a great touch that my girls would have loved when they were little.

For me, I missed the things Orlando offers, the shops, offsite restaurants etc, but for your 2 year old I think she would have a great time at DLP and not feel she had missed out.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

I was looking to go to DLP this year, it's something I'll probably only do once with my 2. Looking at forums and other things i noticed there were a lot of closures and changes this year for the parks and most people were saying if it's a once and only trip then 2016 probably isn't the year to go. So we've decided to put it off for a few years (we're doing Florida next year anyway).

That said, I'm sure if you took your daughter, she'd still have a magical time.
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ld1978
Being a bit Goofy

None of us have been to wdw so in a way that's good as means we wouldn't be comparing the two. We are only considering now as I feel bad we had to change our plans. She isn't really a frozen fan but loves lion king and lion guard. Do they have anything like that there or is it all just the one park. Do they still have things like the fireworks too?

They have some 25% deals off and Cheyenne didn't look to costly. Is it close enough? We had initially looked at New York to be a little closer. Am guessing the main Disney one isn't worth the price?

That's a shame if there is a lot of closures
Ld1978 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

For the Magic Kingdom paria is equally as good as Florida, the difference for me is that you don't get the other parks as well but for a short break its fab!
They do character meet and Greet in the disney hotel At 16.00 every day and there are no queues so head over to there if you want to meet some chatacters.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

There are 2 parks. They still have fireworks, in fact the Dreams show is better than Wishes (dare I say it).

It's at Park closing which for us was 11pm, so that maybe am issue.

If you could afford Disneyland Hotel I would say it was worth it for the location, but otherwise I thought the Cheyenne was great. It's about a 7 minute walk from the hotel New York to the Cheyenne. Of course, it depends if your room is at the closest end of the Cheyenne or the furthest. We were in the middle and it took us about 25 minutes to walk to the parks but we certainly did didn't rush. In fact I'd say we are quite slow.or you can take a bus but we didn't do that very often.
Personally I wouldn't pay for the Hotel New York just for the location.

The main closure is Big Thunder Mountain and that was disappointing, but otherwise we didn't feel it affected us too badly.

There is a Disney Jr show which we didn't do, and a Lion King section in Mickey and the Magician which is really impressive but I didn't see anything specifically for The Lion Guard.

The studios also has a cars area with a small cars ride, and the Toy Story area with a slinky ride that's great for little ones.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Went to DLP at the weekend for the first time, having been to WDW 3 times, and was very pleasantly surprised. Especially given queue times were very low considering it was a Fri/Sat in August - lower waits than I'd encountered in Orlando in October 15.

It's got all the Disney attention to detail and theming. Yes there is quite a bit of redevelopment and refurbishment going on, it was a bit disappointing that BTMR was closed, but I didn't find it too intrusive.

If Orlando is off the cards for the moment, then DLP is definitely enough to give you a fix to tide you over :-).
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

D ho

Originally Posted by Ld1978 View Post
None of us have been to wdw so in a way that's good as means we wouldn't be comparing the two. We are only considering now as I feel bad we had to change our plans. She isn't really a frozen fan but loves lion king and lion guard. Do they have anything like that there or is it all just the one park. Do they still have things like the fireworks too?

They have some 25% deals off and Cheyenne didn't look to costly. Is it close enough? We had initially looked at New York to be a little closer. Am guessing the main Disney one isn't worth the price?

That's a shame if there is a lot of closures
I've stayed at Santa Fe, which is really close to the Cheyenne, the walk was present o the parks, probably around 20 mins, you walk past most the other hotels and restaurants on the way so plenty to see and they have buses, but we never used them -I went pre kids. However the Cheyenne is on the last of referbs at the moment, not sure what part and how much effect It'd have on your stay, but this is probably why it's discounted
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

As she is little the btm closure wouldn't affect her and the new show in studios is meant to be fab!
I am a big dlp fan and if you haven't been to wdw before I'd say go for it - it's also smaller so may be more manageable when pregnant and with little one!
One thing I'd say is that loads of the rides you can do when pregnant in florida (pirates, haunted mansion, some of the dark rides) are for whatever reason off limits in dlp! I did them anyway when we went at 8 weeks as I know what they do and wasn't concerned (plus if I'm allowed in florida why not!) But something you may want to be aware of.
But for a little one I think the magic is as a real at dlp as at wdw, without the long flight!
Old 19 Aug 16, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
For me there is no comparison but we haven't been to DLP for many years. If you've never been to either then now is the time to go to DLP, before you go to WDW as it's much harder the other way. I'd love to go back to DLP but feel like I can't justify it. We had planned a trip in 2014 but realised if we cancelled it the money we were spending could go to a Florida trip later in the year. It's just so expensive.

In your situation I would go to DLP this year. Your little girl will get to see Disney and it'll whet your appetite for a Florida trip in the future.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread