Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Aug 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went last month for the first time in 10 years and we also had a brilliant time! We stayed at Newport bay club and loved the outdoor pool in the afternoon, we could almost have been in Florida!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Sounds like an amazing trip - love your photos! Your DD looks SO happy!

I am pleased you enjoyed Inventions (phew, as I was one of the people who stuck my neck out and said go). We never miss a meal there and always have a great time. So jealous you met Alice - I've been many times and have never yet met her.

It's odd to hear that it's so quiet. We've been this time of year before, a good few years ago and it was heaving! The last few days quietened down, but things weren't walk on. I suspect (sadly) that recent events in France have meant that locals just aren't visiting as much, and of course, for the UK, Brexit has meant much more expensive holidays (and while most of us on here book months in advance, not everyone does - many people who aren't in the know, book weeks in advance).
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Sounds like an amazing trip - love your photos! Your DD looks SO happy!

I am pleased you enjoyed Inventions (phew, as I was one of the people who stuck my neck out and said go). We never miss a meal there and always have a great time. So jealous you met Alice - I've been many times and have never yet met her.

It's odd to hear that it's so quiet. We've been this time of year before, a good few years ago and it was heaving! The last few days quietened down, but things weren't walk on. I suspect (sadly) that recent events in France have meant that locals just aren't visiting as much, and of course, for the UK, Brexit has meant much more expensive holidays (and while most of us on here book months in advance, not everyone does - many people who aren't in the know, book weeks in advance).
Yes, thanks for that! We loved it! We'll want to do it again the next time so we'll definitely budget for it!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
We arrived on our 1st day at just after 9.30 am & the line was closed already. DD was very annoyed as this was top ofthe list to do. We were told people had been there for 8am & they advised us to do the same the next day.
So we got there for 8 & I was top of the queue! I queued & hubby & kids went off & did some rides & character meets. This was allowed as the CM were telling us all to do it. So yes! I queued for 2.5 hours hubby took over for an hour, the line closed about 9.30 again but knowing my luck if I had arrived then it would of closed earlier!
At 10.30 they move the line down near the doors of videopolis, then at 10.45 on the button they open the doors, there are 3 booking tables for the different show times, we went for the 1pm show as we wanted to go into the studios park after having been in the Disneyland park for the full day before.
They give you a time to come back, our time was 12.25 & that is for rehearsal & costume!
They only allow one adult in at this time, so tell the rest of the family to go in & get seats, we had seats right at the front was was brilliant!
It really is a fantastic show & DD is so happy that she could take part! They give the child a certificate afterwards which is nice.
My DS did it years ago in WDW but it was slightly different there.
Thanks so much for that. We'll maybe try to do Peter Pan at 8ish then head for the queue then and myself or husband can queue while the others do a couple of rides. We go early October midweek when the French and English schools are in so hoping it's even quieter. I'll try and find out how the queues are nearer the time. Would the CM be able to let us know how many are in the queue before us? As we don't want to queue if only the last Jedi show is going to be available as we wont manage it for getting to BBWS. Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 16, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scottishmam View Post
Thanks so much for that. We'll maybe try to do Peter Pan at 8ish then head for the queue then and myself or husband can queue while the others do a couple of rides. We go early October midweek when the French and English schools are in so hoping it's even quieter. I'll try and find out how the queues are nearer the time. Would the CM be able to let us know how many are in the queue before us? As we don't want to queue if only the last Jedi show is going to be available as we wont manage it for getting to BBWS. Thanks
You can pick any time of show, that's if it's not full. So even if there's 15 people or so in front the could all pick different times if you know what I mean. We went for the 1st show at 1pm, but the guy behind me was going for the 3pm show. I think getting there for 8.30 or shortly after will be fine, I think there's about 16 kids in each show.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

We have been here for a week, although only been in the parks 3 days. Forst two days in Disneyland Park sound like your experience, yestersay though in the studios has heaving. 130mins wait for Ratatouille, 70minsnfor crushs coaster. Waited half an hour to get into Mickey and the Magician as it had a huge queue and then they cut it short due to a technical issue! ToT and RnR also had long queus all day. Not going home till friday so have another few days to go back thankfully.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
You can pick any time of show, that's if it's not full. So even if there's 15 people or so in front the could all pick different times if you know what I mean. We went for the 1st show at 1pm, but the guy behind me was going for the 3pm show. I think getting there for 8.30 or shortly after will be fine, I think there's about 16 kids in each show.
Great thanks. I'm not that fussy which show we go to as long as it isn't the last one. We'll try and head to the queue our first day then. Thanks
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Scottishmam View Post
Great thanks. I'm not that fussy which show we go to as long as it isn't the last one. We'll try and head to the queue our first day then. Thanks
No probs! Enjoy 😊

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Old 30 Aug 16, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh I'm really excited about the birthday badges! I am assuming you can just go in and get one? I'm going 2 days after my birthday so would love to get one! Is city hall just after you go into the main park?
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 16, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by hideinpockets View Post
Oh I'm really excited about the birthday badges! I am assuming you can just go in and get one? I'm going 2 days after my birthday so would love to get one! Is city hall just after you go into the main park?
Yes it is on the left hand side when you walk in, facing the bandstand.
They are birthday stickers, but they have badges so you stick the sticker on top!
It was a fab trip, can't wait to go at Easter again! Enjoy😊

✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
Closed Thread