Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Aug 16, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Pleased you have made that decision. We have WDW booked for April and hubby has just mentioned going to DLP at Xmas time but like you in reality we can't afford it so we will put the Xmas trip off a year. X
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We don't drive but we have done a cheeky offsite trip before (discussed Thursday night, booked Friday morning, on Eurostar Friday afternoon!) and I wouldn't rule it out altogether.
Wow, Im impressed! It takes me that long to pack! I'm trying to talk DH into a cruise - ideally Disney but I'd settle for anything. Have a great time.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
Glad you've decided - I misread your post in that I thought you meant you can't go next year, but I see it was this year you were referring to.

Sounds like your plan is good now'
No, you were right - we had booked this year but were worried we couldn't afford to go next year.

As so often, our plans and discussions did a complete 180 in 24 hours and we are now missing this year but going next year!

Must change my countdown.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

No, you were right - we had booked this year but were worried we couldn't afford to go next year.

As so often, our plans and discussions did a complete 180 in 24 hours and we are now missing this year but going next year!

Must change my countdown.
Definitely think you've done the right thing. I'm impressed they let you move it so far off though! I would have thought they'd say you have to book again for next year?

I spoke to DH again last night and he's adamant he doesn't want to do DLRP next summer - he wants a 'proper summer holiday' and we can't afford both. As I'm going with my parents and my girls at May half term (DH is working), I can't really argue... Problem is, I'd planned to get APs to make the hotel situation cheaper for both bookings (Mum wants to stay in the DLH as usual!), but it's not worth getting APs if only going once! I'll keep working on it, but I think I'll just have to be grateful that we are going once next year and we'll see the 25th celebrations !
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Deleted

Edited at 08:39 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post

We are toying with a sneeky trip to the 25th but September -ish at the earliest. We want to try New York for a change.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I wouldn't call Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest budgeting! I wish I could afford it.
?

What is affordable or a budget choice to some, isn't to others - that's life. You are correct, there are those who will never be able to afford to stay in SQL, then there are those who will stay in nothing less than DLH CC every visit. If we could all afford the same rooms, there'd only be one category of hotel there. However, I don't judge other people's choices or budgets, or even what they spend their hard earned cash on . At the end of the day, we are all off to the same place.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
We are toying with a sneeky trip to the 25th but September -ish at the earliest. We want to try New York for a change.
Oooh! Come with us 5th Sep! You can pop over and see what slumming it in Santa Fe is like...
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Oooh! Come with us 5th Sep! You can pop over and see what slumming it in Santa Fe is like...
Ah yes, but then you have that lovely cruise to look forward to ! I'm not envious at all
Old 4 Sep 16, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
chelynnah
VIP Dibber

chelynnah's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Duplicate post
WDW several trips as a child; WDW 1993 on working vacation; DLP Sept 2003 - Newport Bay Hotel; WDW January 2007 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; DLP Sept 2008 - DLH; WDW/US/BG January 2013 - offsite HGVC Tuscany Suites; WDW/US and MVMCP Nov 2015 - offsite townhouse; DLP Sept 2016 - Hotel B&B; WDW Feb 2017 - POFQ; DLP June 2017 - SL GF; DLP Sept 2017 - NPB CC; DLP Nov 2018 - SL; WDW Feb 2019 - WDW Princess Half POFQ; DLP Sept 2019 - SL & DLH;

Edited at 12:34 AM.
chelynnah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread