Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Jun 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lshep84
Excited about Disney

Which Resort would you pick?

Hello All!

We are new DVC owners and are about to take our first owners trip in January. We currently have Club Level at Animal Kingdom Lodge booked for the full 7 nights.
However we are wanting to swap to a different resort for the first 4 nights of the trip and finish up at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Our dream resort that we were desperate to try is the Polynesian Resort.

We travel on the 25th January so our 7 month booking window opens June 25th for us to swap our first 4 nights!

I have just checked and the Polynesian is no longer available! Gutted!
So we have 3 options...

1. Book Bay Lake Tower in a Lake View (providing this is still available on the 25th June when we're able to change)

2. Waitlist the Polynesian and hope for the best!

3. Stick with animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level for the full week?

What would you do?
lshep84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

HAve you enough points to book the alternative, then cancel off some days of the AKL booking? Will those points then be bankable? It gets tricky to convert a non split into a split unles you have enough points.
Old 20 Jun 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lshep84
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
HAve you enough points to book the alternative, then cancel off some days of the AKL booking? Will those points then be bankable? It gets tricky to convert a non split into a split unles you have enough points.
Yes we have enough points to book the alternative and once we have what we want then I will cancel the Animal Kingdom side of things.
I really wanted the poly though so I might hold out for the waitlist. As it stands its only the 26th Jan that is full so I'd only have to waitlist that 1 day?
lshep84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I would just keep checking availability on the Poly. I have found that the waitlist is flaky and never tells me when there is availability so I just check myself. I just recently managed to book 4 nights at the Poly in August which wasn't available for ages. Then suddenly it just came up so don't give up! Just keep checking as often as you can! Good luck!
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’d book BLT for the nights you want the Poly for, waitlist the Poly for those same nights, but keep checking.
Old 20 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lshep84 View Post
Yes we have enough points to book the alternative and once we have what we want then I will cancel the Animal Kingdom side of things.
I really wanted the poly though so I might hold out for the waitlist. As it stands its only the 26th Jan that is full so I'd only have to waitlist that 1 day?
Where is the 26th in relation to the entire stay?

If it was this:

AKV
AKV
AKV
AKV
No room at the Poly
Poly
Poly

I’d keep AKV for day 5 as a back up and book the last two nights at the Poly now, and hope the waitlist came through. If it doesn’t, it doesn’t matter, you’ve still got two nights together at the Poly.

If it was this:

AKV
AKV
AKV
AKV
Poly
No room at the Poly
Poly

I would book BLT and waitlist the Poly to remove the possibility of three check in and outs.
Old 21 Jun 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
It's quite hard to book Club level so if I were you I would stick to that this trip and pick somewhere else next time!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List