Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 05, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I agree not to put all eggs in one basket but if u open a joint account u get a card each that gives u two cards reducing those risks further but I will still have some TC with me and use card keeping the TC for emergencies
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 05, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I hate this bit, knowing when to buy! We are definitely doing part CCard & part TC's this trip. I am tempted to buy from Travelex now but knowing my luck the rate will go up if I do (or do I mean down?, you know what I mean) . Anybody got a cristal ball to check what will happen in the next 7 weeks?
Allison
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 05, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Ah...exchange rate chicken... this has been my favourite game this week!

This is just MHO, but I think the exchange rate will continue to be favourable this year. The US has an enormous trade deficit which they don't seem to be worried about and this means people are buying other currencies rather than the dollar - making it weaker (i think! )

Anyway - I travel next week and have been watching rates like a hawk - travelex always seems to have the best rate, which they update on a daily basis around midday. Combine checking this with the BBC currency tracker and if the rate is good today but looks like it might go down tomorrow (i dunno, maybe Dubbya will find some cash down the back of the sofa to prop the dollar up with ) then you can wait and see before buying at around 11:30am the next day.

This does not constitute financial advice and I cannot be held responsible for any losses you make gambling on international money markets.

BTW - My bottle went yesterday and got 1.835

Best of luck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread