Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Nov 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

We both always wanted two and when we ended up with one of each within 17 months of each other it kind of sealed the deal for us. I was never a broody type though. It was just the next natural step in our relationship to have kids.

A friend of mine once said "never have more kids than the number of hands you have to hold them with" and I suppose we've lived by that mantra.

I do think that you make it work for you though and only you know what is right for your family.
mskitty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post

A woman's body is booted this way. Find the override button.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

My wife and I have got 4 girls and I am more than done! However, if I said to my wife now, I will have reversal and lets have another one, she would. However we are happy with the 4 fab daughters we have and the time was right to stop trying for a boy.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Twice we thought that our family was complete, only to be proved wrong!

We had our 2 oldest sons very young. I was 18 when we had DS1 and 21 with DS2. We were perfectly happy with 2 healthy children and never planned to have any more.
However, when they were 13 & 10, we had a “happy accident” and found that we were expecting DS3. Because he was so much younger than his brothers we worried that he might be lonely and decided to try for another baby. DS3 was aged 2 when DD1 arrived.

With 4 children this was DEFINITELY our family complete. So much so that DH had the snip so that there could be no more accidents.

But fate had different ideas. When our children were aged 22, 19, 9 & 7 circumstances led to us becoming legal guardians to our baby niece. She is now 11, we call her our little bonus and wouldn’t be without her. As we also now have 4 grandchildren (2 of whom are older than youngest DD), I’ve been surrounded by kids all my adult life and planned or not I wouldn’t want it any other way.
Old 23 Nov 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Only you and your partner can truly know when your little family are complete.

I have 3 girls who are now 15,14 and 12 so only 3 years between youngest and oldest. It was hard work and having 3 teens now it's still hard work but worth it.

Now this is an extreme case but a lady at our primary school had to have a c section
She lost six litres of blood due to a dangerous complication called placenta accreta which can be common with women who have had C-sections in the past.

The placenta grows on the uterine wall and is more likely to attach itself to the wall when there's scarring from previous caesarean sections. The condition increases the risk of haemorrhage, and can even leave other organs damaged.

She lost both her legs ( she did have 6 c sections) but it does make it more risky for the mother article below

google/amp/s/d...amputated.html
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

I always wanted 3 but I also wanted them before I was 30. That was my cut off point and if our third had not come along by then, then we would have stayed at 2. Our first born came along when I was 23, next at 25 and our last at 29. Always thought I'd have boys as DH is one of 4 but we had 3 girls and although people always said during my last pregnancy "are you hoping for a boy?" and although I didn't mind which we had, I am glad they're all girls. We've never even had a boys name in mind!
I do think it will be different for my daughters though as they are inevitably going to start later if they choose to have kids. What with going to uni, then trying to secure first homes, they are just going to be starting later in life.
At the end of the day, you just have to do what's right for you and your family.
Old 23 Nov 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I still don't know. We have three sons and I still find myself querying if I am ready to say that I am. DH would have another tomorrow if I said I wanted to.
Suffice to say its such a complex emotional process countered by practicalities that I could give you one answer now and a different one in six months time.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I know I’m done. It took a long time to get our first. Decided to let fate happen with the second and only had 15months between them. Found it quite a struggle for the first year. Was a major strain on our marriage.

I love just having two. Definitely don’t want another. That actually scares me a lot.
I don’t want to do back to night feeds, breast feeding/bottle(both mine were opposite)colic, teething, weaning, sleep training, potty training.
I love that mine are all in school soon, take themselves to the bathroom will go to bed themselves.

I think about babies quite a bit but it’s more like I’d go back and have my two as babies rather than actually wanting another little person.
I don’t need another car,if I had three I dunno where I would put the other car seat without changing it. We can go to places or theme parks and they are into the same things.

I know I’m done. Love squishy little babies and I love that smell of babies but I love my family of four. It’s perfect for us.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Having exactly the same discussion at the moment! Baby 2 due very soon and have discussed being sterilised when I have c section. Once that conversation started it all seemed so final and it make me feel quite panicky inside. We were told we couldn’t have kids and we weren’t blessed with George (20 Months) until I was 36 and DH was 47! So to have fallen pregnant again is wonderful and is making me
Think that maybe 3 is the magic number.

I’m not sure we will ever know whether it’s right or whether we are done. I feel that at my age the risks of having more (plus a 3rd c section) May outweigh the benefits. DH is also 11 years older than me so that’s another factor. But then I flip back and think we’ve got 2 younglins, what’s a 3rd?

I’ve not helped at all 😂
arielrocks is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Mobile

When I ran out of hands I stopped, ie, two.

Financially we would have struggled and also there would have been an odd one out, disney rides 😊, seats on planes, buses, trains.

I needed infertility treatment to get pregnant, I had miserable pregnancies with insomnia, I had horrendous births, first emergency c- section, 2nd was elective which went dangerously wrong. Our GP agreed to vasectomy for DH when 2nd was 7 weeks old. We've talked about (theoretically, obviously) having more but feel that the gap if 3 yrs is perfect and it would detrimentally impact the girls if we had more.

Two healthy, happy kids. I would not have wanted to risk another.

Good luck with your decision xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List