Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

MM - that is a relief and a boost in confidence!

DT - maths is always so hit and miss!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
That’s great news MM, has your DD got any more this week? Maybe she can have a night off revising to celebrate 😃
It was such a relief to see her a bit happier 😀

No more exams this week so she is having a well deserved night off. We’ve been for a little drive as she’s got her test coming up quite soon 😬 and I think she’s going to see her boyfriend later.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
History on South Africa went well for Ben today, he had thoroughly revised the 2 questions that come up so he was pleased with how it went. His History teacher is South African and met them after the exam to give them all a South African sweet she had made - I thought that was lovely.
Geography again tomorrow - again it’s the subject he feels is his weakest, he is not looking forward to it. After that 3 more next week then he is finished!
Good news that the exam went well for Ben. How nice of his teacher. Georgia’s English teacher met them and chatted after their exam on Monday. She also sent them an email saying how much she had enjoyed teaching the class and how she wished them well and knew they were capable of great things in the future. It is nice when the teacher has engaged with the students
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

History on South Africa went well for Ben today, he had thoroughly revised the 2 questions that come up so he was pleased with how it went. His History teacher is South African and met them after the exam to give them all a South African sweet she had made - I thought that was lovely.
Geography again tomorrow - again it’s the subject he feels is his weakest, he is not looking forward to it. After that 3 more next week then he is finished!
Yay And what a lovely teacher! Good luck for tomorrow!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good news that the exam went well for Ben. How nice of his teacher. Georgia’s English teacher met them and chatted after their exam on Monday. She also sent them an email saying how much she had enjoyed teaching the class and how she wished them well and knew they were capable of great things in the future. It is nice when the teacher has engaged with the students
Completely agree, when the teacher cares about their students and has real enthusiasm for the subject I think it transfers into how well the children then learn. Ben has had lovely History and English teachers for the last two years.
Just seen your countdown is on 10 days - I bet you can’t wait!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My son had ocr chemistry yesterday and found it horrendous. A bit of a shock to him as he was hoping this would be his easiest exam. Over 100 people study it at his college and he reckons 25 to 30 we’re crying afterwards.
He was a bit down yesterday but seems fine today (helped by seeing everyone moan about it on Twitter and student room) and is revising for biology tomorrow. Hopefully his other exams will be a bit nicer!
What a shame! I guess the grade bands will be lower if it was really hard!

Index of my trip reports
Old 5 Jun 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Yay And what a lovely teacher! Good luck for tomorrow!
Thank you! Would like to know what O had to do with the cooked rice and glue!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My son had ocr chemistry yesterday and found it horrendous. A bit of a shock to him as he was hoping this would be his easiest exam. Over 100 people study it at his college and he reckons 25 to 30 we’re crying afterwards.
He was a bit down yesterday but seems fine today (helped by seeing everyone moan about it on Twitter and student room) and is revising for biology tomorrow. Hopefully his other exams will be a bit nicer!
That’s so upsetting for him, I do hope his others go well. However, if the exam was horrendous for so many students, it does mean the grade boundaries will drop so hopefully he will do better than he thought
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Completely agree, when the teacher cares about their students and has real enthusiasm for the subject I think it transfers into how well the children then learn. Ben has had lovely History and English teachers for the last two years.
Just seen your countdown is on 10 days - I bet you can’t wait!
We are really looking forward to the holiday now. Although with our son moving and Georgia’s exams we hadn’t realised how soon it is so it’s surprising that it’s so soon 😃
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

No exams for Dd today, her English teacher had a leaving party for her class. She brought in food then gave them all a photo when they all were dressed as vikings plus a key ring with the photo. She printed award certificates for everyone, Dd got most focussed lol. They didn’t talk about the exam which was nice, think it would just worry Dd if she missed anything.
All her English notes are in the recycle bin.

Edited at 07:17 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List