Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Thank you! Would like to know what O had to do with the cooked rice and glue!
So the practical exam was in what the French call “Science de Vie et Terre” - so mainly biology and geology! There are 80 possible practicals - and you pick one of three out of a hat (three students for each practical!)

From what I can understand he had to cook 2 difference types of rice - one was a lot more gloopy than the other and then had to perform experiments on their glueing capacities! I couldn’t get more than that from him

Are you any the wiser?

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
So the practical exam was in what the French call “Science de Vie et Terre” - so mainly biology and geology! There are 80 possible practicals - and you pick one of three out of a hat (three students for each practical!)

From what I can understand he had to cook 2 difference types of rice - one was a lot more gloopy than the other and then had to perform experiments on their glueing capacities! I couldn’t get more than that from him

Are you any the wiser?
No sorry, not any the wiser quite interesting though, that’s a lot of possible practicals - 80!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

The questions today were - how did international sanctions try to change South Africa in the 1980s and the other was how accurate is it to say that the main obstacle to political resolution in South Africa from 1991-1994 was the opposition of white South Africans.
In the course - South Africa 1948-1994 Apartheid to rainbow nation.
Had to ask Ben otherwise I wouldn’t have a clue!
Thanks - I might have stood a chance! 😂
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

History on South Africa went well for Ben today, he had thoroughly revised the 2 questions that come up so he was pleased with how it went. His History teacher is South African and met them after the exam to give them all a South African sweet she had made - I thought that was lovely.
Geography again tomorrow - again it’s the subject he feels is his weakest, he is not looking forward to it. After that 3 more next week then he is finished!
Glad History went well for Ben. Emma had English Civil War today and she said it was quite a good paper and she thinks she wrote one of her best History essays. So nice after the awful paper last week!

That is lovely of the teacher.

Good luck with Geography tomorrow.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My son had ocr chemistry yesterday and found it horrendous. A bit of a shock to him as he was hoping this would be his easiest exam. Over 100 people study it at his college and he reckons 25 to 30 we’re crying afterwards.
He was a bit down yesterday but seems fine today (helped by seeing everyone moan about it on Twitter and student room) and is revising for biology tomorrow. Hopefully his other exams will be a bit nicer!
Such a shame when exams don't go as planned and awful for children to be crying after an exam.

If lots of people found it difficult, the grade boundaries should be lower.

Good luck with Biology.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Such a shame when exams don't go as planned and awful for children to be crying after an exam.

If lots of people found it difficult, the grade boundaries should be lower.

Good luck with Biology.
I’ve told him if so many people found it hard the grade boundaries will be lower. Also there are two other chemistry papers so hopefully he’ll do better in them which will bring him up. He was hoping for an A but needs a B so hopefully he’ll still get that. Thanks re biology luck - I think he needs a ‘good’ exam to get his confidence back.

Good luck to everyone in their exams over the next few weeks.
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

So today’s Geography exam was a mixed result for Ben, he unfortunately missed out a couple of pages, realised this and went back but then he said he was unable to write a full conclusion so feels he had not done so well. I’ve told him not to worry it was 1 exam of 3 so hopefully the last one will go okay.
His next exam is Tuesday so he can have a little rest tomorrow although he has a driving lesson!
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

So today’s Geography exam was a mixed result for Ben, he unfortunately missed out a couple of pages, realised this and went back but then he said he was unable to write a full conclusion so feels he had not done so well. I’ve told him not to worry it was 1 exam of 3 so hopefully the last one will go okay.
His next exam is Tuesday so he can have a little rest tomorrow although he has a driving lesson!
How frustrating. I think we have all done that at some stage. At least he did realise even if he didn’t manage to complete it all.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thankfully Ben noticed and did go back and complete the questions and at least he can pick up on the next paper too.

Georgia has her second psychology exam tomorrow which is research methods, her least favourite part of psychology.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Good luck to Georgia tomorrow, hope it goes well for her.