Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jun 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben is in his last week now - English Lit tomorrow - poetry, History on Wednesday - British Warfare and Geography on Thursday, all long exams - 2 1/2 hours for each.
Good luck to everyone this week, by Thursday afternoon it will all be over for Ben and we can relax until results day!
Good luck to him. He’s certainly got a busy week.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

MM - glad the Welsh went well!

No exams for O this week - it all kicks off next Monday with a 4 hour Philosophy exam! He will then have an exam every day - with two on Friday (4h of maths and then 2h of Spanish). Final day is 2 weeks today - biology/geology.

However, the household has not escaped exams this week. F has her Brevet (=gcses) oral on Wednesday. Basically a 5 minute presentation followed by questions. From the choices given she chose the film “the Help” in the context of segregation in the 1960s. She could do it in French or English - she chose English (only one doing it in English). It is now all learnt, the PP is done, she just needs to do a few more run throughs. It is worth 12.5% of her final grade. She is very stressed as the thought of speaking in front of people is her worst nightmare. Please keep your fingers crossed she gets the nice English teacher and not the one who growls at her 🤓

Good luck for all the exams this week! The end is in sight!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stardust5 View Post
Ben is in his last week now - English Lit tomorrow - poetry, History on Wednesday - British Warfare and Geography on Thursday, all long exams - 2 1/2 hours for each.
Good luck to everyone this week, by Thursday afternoon it will all be over for Ben and we can relax until results day!
Georgia’s last exam is Thursday morning too, her Biology exam. She also has English tomorrow, it’s mainly on Handmaid’s Tale. She is looking forward to relaxing and not having to take any revision books to Croatia on Sunday. Every holiday for the past few years she has had to bring text books along, it will be so nice for her not to have to study.

I hope Ben’s exams all go well this week 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
MM - glad the Welsh went well!

No exams for O this week - it all kicks off next Monday with a 4 hour Philosophy exam! He will then have an exam every day - with two on Friday (4h of maths and then 2h of Spanish). Final day is 2 weeks today - biology/geology.

However, the household has not escaped exams this week. F has her Brevet (=gcses) oral on Wednesday. Basically a 5 minute presentation followed by questions. From the choices given she chose the film “the Help” in the context of segregation in the 1960s. She could do it in French or English - she chose English (only one doing it in English). It is now all learnt, the PP is done, she just needs to do a few more run throughs. It is worth 12.5% of her final grade. She is very stressed as the thought of speaking in front of people is her worst nightmare. Please keep your fingers crossed she gets the nice English teacher and not the one who growls at her 🤓

Good luck for all the exams this week! The end is in sight!
Hope O enjoys his week off a little before his very busy week next week. He does seem to have a lot of exams in one week.

I hope it goes well for F, presentations can be very nerve wracking. Georgia loves Drama and acting and is very confident on a stage but she hates having to give a presentation in front of a teacher. Even though she’s excellent at writing an essay or a speech, she gets very nervous at actually standing up and making a speech or presentation.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hope O enjoys his week off a little before his very busy week next week. He does seem to have a lot of exams in one week.

I hope it goes well for F, presentations can be very nerve wracking. Georgia loves Drama and acting and is very confident on a stage but she hates having to give a presentation in front of a teacher. Even though she’s excellent at writing an essay or a speech, she gets very nervous at actually standing up and making a speech or presentation.
For O, it is the same for everyone so a very level playing field. I need to do a trail run this week to the lycee where he is sotting his exams. 30m in no traffic but in rush hour - who knows. If I can I will try to do it tomorrow which means leaving at 6.30am 🤪

Thanks re F! She can have her notes with her and her PP will hopefully guide her!

Just think - this time next week you will be in sunny Croatia!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
For O, it is the same for everyone so a very level playing field. I need to do a trail run this week to the lycee where he is sotting his exams. 30m in no traffic but in rush hour - who knows. If I can I will try to do it tomorrow which means leaving at 6.30am 🤪

Thanks re F! She can have her notes with her and her PP will hopefully guide her!

Just think - this time next week you will be in sunny Croatia!
Georgia has had to give herself extra time to get to college during exams, it’s an hour’s journey by bus but she’s been lucky as DH works shifts so he has taken her as often as he can in the car to help her out.

I am really looking forward to seeing some sunshine next week as it’s chilly and rainy here this week. I contacted our Airbnb host to arrange meeting her for key pick up today and she mentioned seeing us on Sunday, which seems so soon now 😀 The end of the exams are so close now
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Ethics for DD this morning.

She was really nervous going in but she’s just text and said it went “surprisingly well”, which is such a relief as the last RE paper wasn’t so good.

Philosophy next Monday and then that’s it!
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Ethics for DD this morning.

She was really nervous going in but she’s just text and said it went “surprisingly well”, which is such a relief as the last RE paper wasn’t so good.

Philosophy next Monday and then that’s it!
Great news that the Ethics paper went well. Only one to go 😀

Georgia had English today which she thought would be fine and she’s messaged to say it was really difficult. She is on her way home now. She said it was a rushed exam and she felt she didn’t have enough time so wasn’t pleased with it. Her other English exams have gone well so hopefully they will keep the grade high. Her last exam, Biology, is on Thursday then it’s holiday time 😀
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Great news that the Ethics paper went well. Only one to go 😀

Georgia had English today which she thought would be fine and she’s messaged to say it was really difficult. She is on her way home now. She said it was a rushed exam and she felt she didn’t have enough time so wasn’t pleased with it. Her other English exams have gone well so hopefully they will keep the grade high. Her last exam, Biology, is on Thursday then it’s holiday time 😀
It’s a shame she felt rushed.

DD has felt this in the RE exams. I sometimes think it’s not what they know, it’s how fast they can write!

You must be getting very excited for your holiday now. I’m sure Georgia can’t wait to chill out.
Old 11 Jun 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mine had English today too - just had a text "went pretty well" !

woohooooooo! It means her average will be pulled up by this one. Thank goodness there are multiple papers!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List