Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Apr 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

people who have used ATD before

Hi all,

took the plunge and booked AKL for Aug 2020 this morning with ATD as Disney had no availability. (i hope my booking works as im not sure how ATD can have rooms and Disney direct dont)

my question is though,

ive put down my deposit and then will pay 8 weeks out.

When do i get all the ref numbers etc so i can link up with MDE and do my ADRs 180 days out.

cheers all
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I imagine it will take a few days as the demand today is crazy
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
ATD usually email you the 12 digit Disney confirmation number when Disney give it to them. With how busy the next week or so is going to be, I would call them in about 2 weeks and ask if they have it yet. You will then be able to link to MDE.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
ATD usually email you the 12 digit Disney confirmation number when Disney give it to them. With how busy the next week or so is going to be, I would call them in about 2 weeks and ask if they have it yet. You will then be able to link to MDE.
brilliant, thank you
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

I booked with ATD last year for this October just thought I would let you know that we didn't get a confirmation number until July & we booked in May. There were quite a few posts on here people saying they hadn't got their reference number.

ATD have been very helpful & I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again x
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
I booked with ATD last year for this October just thought I would let you know that we didn't get a confirmation number until July & we booked in May. There were quite a few posts on here people saying they hadn't got their reference number.

ATD have been very helpful & I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again x
So you got it 15 months before departure. Right?

July 2018 for aug 2019 holiday
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
k18mcf
Getting to know the DIBB

I've had the same concern. We booked with ATD last night for Oct 2020. Disney had no availability for beach club but ATD did so we took it. Then I got to worrying that if Disney didn't have availability then ATD weren't going to be able to fulfil my booking.

So, this morning I called them. They are so lovely and although she can't "guarantee" our room, she did say this is the same procedure they follow every year and they haven't had an issue before.

She said the issue in my case is that the booking is more than 500 days away and the computer system won't confirm outside of the 500 days. They will put it to Disney and it should be loaded on their system at the 500 day mark and Disney will then send them the confirmation number. For us this will be 6th June.

I still feel a little uneasy about it and wondered if anyone else has experienced this before (hopefully with no problems).
k18mcf is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I wish i could get on their website to find out their prices!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CLB_14 View Post
I wish i could get on their website to find out their prices!
I have just clicked the ATD Hotel discount offer and got onto the site so it must be working now.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by k18mcf View Post
I've had the same concern. We booked with ATD last night for Oct 2020. Disney had no availability for beach club but ATD did so we took it. Then I got to worrying that if Disney didn't have availability then ATD weren't going to be able to fulfil my booking.

So, this morning I called them. They are so lovely and although she can't "guarantee" our room, she did say this is the same procedure they follow every year and they haven't had an issue before.

She said the issue in my case is that the booking is more than 500 days away and the computer system won't confirm outside of the 500 days. They will put it to Disney and it should be loaded on their system at the 500 day mark and Disney will then send them the confirmation number. For us this will be 6th June.

I still feel a little uneasy about it and wondered if anyone else has experienced this before (hopefully with no problems).
Well, at the point of booking the word guarantee was used to for fill my booking. I bet on the small print it says alternative hotel at same value.

I vowed never too use an agent again after last year's European nightmare. Always find DIY.

But I panicked as there was no rooms coming up for AKL in aug.

I hope this agent doesn't let me down. They shouldn't be able to advertise a holiday of they don't have it to sell.

Fingers crossed