Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Aug 19, 02:05 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 4 people, 2 weeks, 1 room! Offsite trip report, Monday 19th universal studios.

You'll never guess what? We didn't get up early enough for the hotel breakfast again 😂 all the walking and the heat is wearing me out and the kids have slept the clock round since they were born, they've never woken up early, not even on xmas mornings!
So we went to steak n shake for about 11am, we had the breakfast menu and the lunch menu as the shakes are only on the lunch menu.
I had choc chip pancakes, I ate about half and i had a hash brown which tasted just like the McDonalds ones.

Dd had the same but on kids menu which is what I should have done!

Ds had breakfast burger and both the kids had a hash brown.

Cecil had the big breakfast with pancakes

For the shakes I had cookie dough, Cecil had nutella, ds had mint oreo and dd had oreo. The nutella was the best but we didn't drink much of them, they are massive and very filling.

We went to universal studios and did a few rides but dd and I were feeling a bit wobbly because of all the 4d rides so we split up so that the boys could do transformers and we could do minions to save us having to do both and it taking ages. We went on stationary riders so despite the wait time being 50mins we walked straight on! Didn't make us feel any less sick though sadly.
While we waited for the boys we had a churro and some lays, the churro was tough and dry, we walked to Starbucks and got a dragon drink which we didn't like much either, no pics as Cecil had the phone, I never carry mine!
It started to rain so we went into Today cafe, I had a latte, Cecil had a hot chocolate, dd didn't want anything but ds had a huge chocolate cookie and Cecil and i shared the confetti cake which was awful, it looks so good but the texture of the icing is just wrong and it has no flavour, it's pure sugar and chemicals!

I also bought a red velvet whoopie pie from the fudge shop.

Despite eating cake in cafe and buying a cake for later we still bought voodoo doughnuts because I've wanted them for so long but we're never hungry or already have krullers at hotel, but as we don't have long left we bought 6 to try.
I was expecting to wait in a queue but it was mainly people waiting to pay and collect so I was straight to the front with no plan! I got the voodoo doll and the popsicle obvs as they are the famous ones, dd wanted the dirt, ds wanted the world and I said Bavarian then didn't know what to have for last one so had glazed jam! Standard, basic... what was I thinking! I stood queuing to pay with the menu in my hand and picked loads I would have preferred lol Think price was about $17 for our 6.

Anyway because of how busy we've been and how fussy I am about fresh doughnuts I ended up only eating half the jam one! It was packed full of jam, very sweet and it was good but honestly? Krispy Kreme are better shhhh!
We went into panda Express about 6pm but would have been eating for the sake of it as none of wanted a meal so we finished the pizza at the hotel and had the
Doughnuts. Ds world doughnut had custard in, the icing on top was too sickly though even for my sweet tooth, it was the same on all of them tbh.
When we get home I have got to tackle my sugar addiction!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I panic ordered in Voodoo donut yesterday evening and like yourself as I queued to pay managed to pick out what I actually wanted!
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
I panic ordered in Voodoo donut yesterday evening and like yourself as I queued to pay managed to pick out what I actually wanted!
We've just landed back at gatwick so too late for regrets for me lol, they should give samples!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List